whirpool recall new hours post>??? anybody knows

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by tropicalbenzo, Mar 28, 2009.

1. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

anybody knows about the shift for next week march 30 to april 4 i know monday, tuesday and wesden... are post already what about the rest , they didnt yet or is post already and those are gone!!! let me know guys thank you!
  2. Julianna

Julianna New Member

Don't know anything about Thursday/Friday hours posting as I've been off since last Friday evening.

Its easier to find out when I'm working and can read about hours available in Chat.
  3. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

so you work for whirpool recall .... correct!, we can exchanges e-mail or phone numbers? if u want so we know more about this project, also r u waiting for human resources to send us a new invitation?? how long u work 4 west?
  4. cookiebakingmom

cookiebakingmom New Member

Hello All,

I am a new WAH employee and am working the 2009 Whirpool Recall Project. After talking to PALS and reading what goes on in chat I have come to the conclusion that WAH either hired too many agents for this job or Whirlpool asked them to and then realized the call volume wasn't as high as they expected so they cut back hours.

I am DISGUSTED with the way WAH is handling Spectrum regarding the posting up of available hours. I wanted to come here and ask you seasoned employees if the way Whirpool hours are being rationed out is the way hours are posted for every WAH job.

Here's what is happening...they're are too many agents and not enough hours. WAH is posting hours on Spectrum, but only one day at a time. Example: On Wednesday the hours to choose from for Monday of next week are posted. The new hours are posted at different random times of day, sometimes a.m. sometimes p.m. I check hour after hour and have gotten new hours as early as 8 a.m. and as late as 9:30 p.m. In chat people have reported seeing the new hours up at 2 a.m. One cannot live life like this. I worry about leaving my house for ANY reason; Taking the kids to school, running errands, going to doctor's appointments, (living my life!!!) because I never know if I'm going to miss the posting of hours.

And look! I completely understand that I am responsible for my own hours o.k.? I get that. That is fine. What disgusts me, what I can't stand. Is that Spectrum gives you absolutely positively NO indication as to whether or not the agent missed the last posting of hours and they are now all snatched up. So if an agent missed out they don't know it and one wastes the entire rest of their day stalking the boards for hours that will never come. Spectrum should have something that says "Last available hours posted 03/27/09 at 14:22:06 CST" or SOMETHING to let us know we missed it! We all have lives and WAH should respect that and this makes me feel like they do not.

E-mails to let us know when new hours are up are not being sent out. For the first week of the Whirlpool Project mass e-mail WERE sent out to let everyone know when new hours were posted. I'm kind of glad they aren't doing that anymore because that was annoying.

The suggested min. for this job is 15 hours per week and they wanted everyone to work SOMETIME on Monday. In chat I am reading many agents are only able to get 30 minutes a week. I myself had 10 hours for last week and only have 5 hours for next week. The PALS and chat PALS are very explicit in telling all of us that no one will be held accountable on this particular job because WAH knows the situation and knows there aren't enough hours to go around for everyone. The PALS are also telling us as long as we have 15 hours per month we will be o.k. And on this job ALC doesn't matter.

Please tell me that not all WAH jobs are like this. Is it o.k. to contact HR and beg to learn a new skill? Please tell me the rest of you don't have to camp out in front of Spectrum and have no life like this on other jobs.

Thank you for your time.

cookiebakingmom
  5. cookiebakingmom

2 A.M. for the Whirpool Project! Can you believe it! They posted the hours for Thursday - Saturday at 2 AM!!!! I'm glad I woke up and got some hours. Hope you guys get some before it is too late.
  6. Julianna

Julianna New Member

You were up at 2 A.M.? How fortunate!

I've been checking (actually *chained* to Spectrum since I last worked friday evening. i was even afraid to leave to attend church Sunday morning, but I did.)

I finally logged off at 11 last night.

I am so sad.

And West wants this to be your "main" job?
  7. Julianna

Julianna New Member

I believe that I read somewhere that some agents have a bot program to grab hours.

Has anyone heard of this?
  8. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

Not all of the call groups hours are posted that way. I work C*t* and our hours are posted 1-2 weeks in advance and there are plenty.However, we deal with a lot of technical issues so just b/c we have hours doesn't mean we get to work them. It's great to be able to schedule 40 hours or more but not if you cant work them and you don't get paid for tech issues.
  9. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

another problem you will find and I only know this b/c I used to work DR is that ppl will very greedily grab hours and not work them and they wont post them for trade.
  10. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

YES IS TRUE, I FIND HOURS AVAILABLE this monday at 6:00am my time, but what i dont know is how many hours , can we get, cuz some pal say: if spectrum let u get 40 u can get 40, is all depend spectrum.....i know we are 186 agents and those agents are also work for another skills like pro-flowers..... why? i dont know
    is really weird how west handly those things. Now, when we going to receive our new invitation for another skill. what i dont understand is why? west , start cutting agents...with new skill, new inviations,.... or whatever so like that everybody can have a chance u know what i mean.... i relly frustation work like that, i have a lot a streess, checking all day , at night or am,spectrum so i can get some hours, i tought this work is going to be different, i least to work ur 35 hours without problems.......anyway my friends let exchange some e-mail or phone number so we can get more inform.... eachother ! good luck
    any news any update or inviation let us know! thank you!
  11. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

ooohhh yeah the other day i was in the computer at 11:30pm i check spectrum , they have post new house( for monday , tuesday ) them another day they put for wed...... then yesterday at 6:00am my time (eastern) they post new hours for thrusday, friday and saturday... so now lets wait for next week new shift ....., what i thing is if we have a least our phone numbers we can call eachother if we see a new post shift..........
  12. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

julianna what is bot program?? i know exist a lot a programs to each little thing =, but do u mean a program who let the agent know when hours are post or what do u mean.... i dont understand!
  13. Julianna

Julianna New Member

Checking Spectrum constantly is making my blood pressure skyrocket. [​IMG]

West is stating that "workforce management" is responsible for the posting of hours; but the middle of the night? Sheesh.

This is probably not great for morale.

I've received an invitation to LiveOps for DR. Should I?
  14. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

YOU APPLY FOR LIVEOPS, I DID IT TOO THEY ALSO SEND ME AN E-MAIL FOR SOME INVIATION I DIDNT KNOW , IS FOR WORK WITH THEM LOLOLOL, ANYWAY!, U CAN TRY BOTH RIGHT ? WHY NOT?
    TRY WORK AT HOME FORUM LIVEOPS AND GET SOME INFO!
  15. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

SHIFT FOR NEXT WEEK POST ONLY FOR MONDAY!
  16. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

i ask pal about the 2:00am shift post it and they told me the that is inpossible cuz the whirpool recall doesnt work at that time, maybe they post at 11:00pm so the agent wake up at 3:00 and check and was there, like what happen with me when i finish very late after 30 minu. i check my spectrum and the shifts was there! ... anyway shift are already post just for next monday!
  17. cookiebakingmom

No tropicalbenzo, the PAL you talked to must have misunderstood what you were saying, because the hours for Thurs-Sat of this week were posted up at 2am Sunday. There is no way I would've gotten any hours for this week if it had been posted at 11:00 p.m. as you say, because all the shifts would have been taken by the time I woke up at 2am. I checked all day and night Sunday and there were none up at the hour of 11pm. Those went up at 2am, period.

Anyway folks, the posibility of using bots / macros to hog up hours does exist. But hear this, when WAH finds out you are doing it they will probably fire you. I asked a PAL about using macros- which are little programs that will do simple tasks for you while you are away from the computer. She put me on hold to ask a supervisor because she didn't know the answer. She came back WAH knows about it and told me that anyone caught using programs to unfairly secure hours would face disciplinary action. There have been employees who have been busted for this already. Don't risk it people.
  18. cookiebakingmom

tropical are you working the English, Spanish or French Whirpool project? Just curious.
  19. cookiebakingmom

Nikkbunny: another problem you will find and I only know this b/c I used to work DR is that ppl will very greedily grab hours and not work them and they wont post them for trade.
    Nikkbunny how is this even possible? You'll eventually get fired for poor schedule adherence if you don't work your hours... won't you? How did these people manage to keep their jobs? Now I am even more confused about this company.
  20. tropicalbenzo

tropicalbenzo New Member

cookiebeakingmom thanks for the advice of those programs! anyway i dont like to be involved in those problems!, and i work for whirlpool english and spanish! no french no wiiii wiii no merci!!! lolololol, i live in fl , i until now i dont have a lot a problems i make regular money and the only problem maybe yeah! is spectrum but i check all the time and i try to put some info here when i see any shift or in the chat , but we are not allowed to do it in the caht, yesterday i receive a warninggggg, but then she talk to me and she dont worry she say do that to indirect tell for another agents anyway is nothing.... but give me ur e-mail so we ca have more information ... send me a private e-mail okie, i have yahoo, msm etc also check always this forum , i allday checking and trying to put new info.... .... good luck!