Who here actually works at home?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Farmer_Ted, May 30, 2007.

1. Farmer_Ted

Farmer_Ted New Member

Does anyone here actually work from home? I think it's a relatively small success rate that makes me feel like giving up haha. But w/e I've only been in it for a month [​IMG]

[Signature removed. Update through preferences - Admin]
  2. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

My husband works at home full time. I still work, but for reasons other than the business. In a word, health insurance! But I have a date in my mind when I can kiss the corporate world goodby. It is possible to be successful. I am sure the success rate is no where near 100% but it is possible.

Noreen
  3. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

I DO! I DO!

I work from home full time -- well not full time. More like 15 hours a week.

I do not work out of the home any longer and I don't plan on ever going out to get a job again!

[​IMG]

Lora
  4. LifeofEgypt

LifeofEgypt New Member

I'm just a normal, working stiff who supplements his income with a little online work. Eventually i will reach the promised land.
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I work from home, for many years now
  6. systemfan1188

systemfan1188 New Member

Yeah I would like to work at home full time.

How you guys doing it?
  7. JessieRayot

JessieRayot New Member

I also work from home. I started as a second job a few months ago, then a few weeks ago I left my first job on maternity leave. I now WAH full-time and am 1/4 of the way to replacing that income. When my maternity leave is over I have told my boss I will go back part time opposite my husbands scheduale for one month to train my replacement, then I'm home for good. This is a rather lofty goal, replacing my income in a matter of 8 months (3 of which I was only working at home part time and 2 more of which will be filled with having/caring for twins) but I work very hard, and very smart with a wonderful company. I have faith that I can do this, and so far, I am on track with my goals.
    If you really want to work from home there is one thing you NEED to remember: You still have to WORK!!
  8. Bigrich

Bigrich New Member

I work at home. My full time home biz takes my about 3 to 4 hours a day.
    Involved in 2 internet marketing opps. Had my own metal fabrication shop for 20+ years and now just do the internet thing. Easier on the body, and I make alot more than when I busted my but. Most of it is automated and it is fun to get up and check the bank account and see another deposit or so.
    I will say that when I started a few months ago I put in alot more hours to get down to the 3 to 4. Did alot of learning, and still attend most of our training classes to stay on top of what is happening.
  9. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I think Bigrich is right. In the beginning you have to put a lot of time and learning in to it and setting up your infrastructure. I think that is why a lot of people fail because it is not always immediate success. You have to have long term goals.
  10. Bigrich

Bigrich New Member

True decker so true.
    1st you must set goals, write them down if you have too
    Like this week I want to achieve X # of adds. This many contacts, this many prospects, etc.
    Then you make a monthly goal of I want to make X# of sales, leads, etc.
    Repition and consistency. Getting used to a routine like at you Old job. There is No get rich quick, and for most You got into a program because you needed money, not becuase you had a large advertising budget. If you did and you didn't study you'd probably lose the budget quick, without any positve results.
    Never say quit, because those that succeed are those that continue tp persevere, learn work and listen to those that have already broke trail.
  11. Viajero Latino

Viajero Latino New Member

Very well said. Working from home and having success in is not going to happen over night.

Just like any other business you need to learn then market your business then wait. But its just not doing it anyway.

You should get a mentor or someone you feel comfortable to help you achieve your goals.

Follow the successful and you will also become a success.

Good Luck
  12. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I have been working two successful businesses from home for over 12 years, I earned a 6 figure income.

And yes it is legit businesses, I recently added a new top tier program to my portfolio, multiple streams of income is possible.

Terri
  13. myspacefortunes

myspacefortunes New Member

For those of you who are wondering if online home business can work....I can tell you that they sure do! I believe that anyone who had stuck with it knows that we have all paid our dues and spent plenty of money on ideas that have promised more than what they were worth but that is apart of the learning curve. There is a big learning curve.

I am a firm believer that with a good work ethic and the will to push yourself outside of your comfort zone you can achieve great things.

Keep your head up and seek out information from people who have success. That is important.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any more questions and good luck in your ventures.

Holly
  14. SandyNaidu

SandyNaidu New Member

I work at home full time...I have two kids..Older one in school and the younger one is 10 months old. At the moment my working hours are during his sleep times...I work a lot in the night....Its a bit of a juggle but I love the flexibility...

Sandy
    [Link removed. Update signature through preferences - Admin]
  15. Viajero Latino

Viajero Latino New Member

I have a really quick but effective advise.

Do whatever what you dont want to do today to do the things you want to do tommorow
  16. I am now generating 29 streams of income . I am actively working 4 businesses. This take about 15-20 hours a week. I can spend more time if I want ....but I dont wanna!!!
    I like going to the beach and having fun.
  17. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

Both my partner and I run our network marketing business from our home. We communicate with others over the internet primarily and secondarily over the telephone.

Using our computers we find and choose other leaders whom we want to work with. We don't pick everyone who wants to join. We're very careful to choose only people we'd like to spend time with on a two week cruise vacation. [​IMG]

Working from our home allows us to spend more quality time together and with our five children. When we're not working we're out socializing with our friends and doing things with and for them and our community.

We're actually community spiritual leaders here in our town. So we also have a life away from our home based business. Network marketing allows us the freedom we need as leaders to do the things we do.

We're also entertainers who perform at many different social functions. It takes time and money to do that and to have the equipment for doing it well.

There's nothing like network marketing that compares.

If you'd like to start your own successful home based network marketing business we can show you how to get started immediately.

Give us a call at or e-mail us at [email protected] and we can chat about what it is you really want.

To Your Success!

Rob Nyte
  18. MedTranHome

MedTranHome New Member

I've been working at home for 10 years as a medical transcriptionist. It pays the bills, and I only work 5 hours per day.
  19. rememberramu

rememberramu New Member

I also work for home . Not full time , as I am student . I work about 2 hours a day . And I am making some money from ad sense which is more than sufficient for me to live and study . I am happy with ad sense earning . If you have some ideas how to earn , than you can make some extra money with little effort .
    Best of luck !
  20. navakanth_goud

navakanth_goud New Member

can u tell me wat is this all abt