Who here is currently using traffic exchanges?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gjohansson1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. gjohansson1

gjohansson1 New Member

I have searched the forum and it seems that not a lot of people are using traffic exchanges. Either that, or they just aren't public about it.

Either way, there are a few key points to keep in mind while surfing TEs:

1. Always be building your own list by using a LCP or squeeze page.

Splash pages are okay, but make sure people can opt in to your list on the following page. You want to have as many people possible on your list, learning who you are, what you do, and how you can help them.

2. Have a system in place

Make sure you have a great quality autoresponder with at least 7 days of consistent, quality content to offer your prospects. People are always looking for something that can help them. Target a specific problem and offer a solution.

3. Use videos or at least a picture to brand yourself.

People want to know who you are. If they meet you, they could potentially like you (not always [​IMG] ). If they like you, they will more than likely listen. If they are listening to you they may just trust you, and might even buy your product or join you!

4. Give them something of value for free.

Whether its 1 on 1 training, a quality report, a marketing system, an ebook of value, or anything else you can come up with, people just love free stuff. This helps even more if you are doing all the things above.

5. People in traffic exchanges don't care about your opportunity.

They care about their own. With that being the case, dont waste your time and hard earned credits promoting your business on the front. Promote something that your prospects need: A proven method to generate more traffic and more leads to their business in less time.

There you have it. Exactly what works for me. This can be applied to any marketing, not just TEs. It works with safelists, solos, advertising co-ops, text ad exchanges, social sites, blogs, or any other kind of marketing you do. I have an example that you can follow in my signature.

Please take this information and apply it to what you are doing!

Have a great day!
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Good post and very informative. It is also very important to do all of the above steps and it is also important to be CONSISTENT and make sure that if you are collecting emails and names of people that you also get as many people to opt-in as possible.

The more the better and it is really a numbers game just like in MLM. The more numbers per day, the better.

Tal
  3. gjohansson1

gjohansson1 New Member

Thank you for your compliments! I definitely agree that its a numbers game. Building your list is all about opt-ins and the more you have, the better off you will be!

I would prefer a list of 10,000 subscribers over a downline of 10,000 any day. I find that the more I can offer my subscribers, the better relationships I can develop with them. A downline of 10,000 would be great, but if something happens to a company, you have to start all over.

Now the absolute best situation would be having a list of 10,000 and a downline of 10,000 so lets get working and do it! [​IMG]

-Gabriel Johansson
  4. gjohansson1

gjohansson1 New Member

Also, I enjoyed that post so much, I turned it into a blog post [​IMG]
  5. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Good post Gabriel, that's exactly what i'm working on.
  6. hummingbird81

hummingbird81 New Member

gjohansson1
    I sometimes use traffic exchanges [​IMG]

But I have very small results from them.
    I use affiliate opt-in pages,
    but don't have enough time for regular surfing.

Anyway, I agree with your post.
    I'm sure that many of forum members will benefit from it.

Thanks[​IMG]
  7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I know some people love TE, but I found them to overall be not an effective use of time relative to the quality of the leads for most business. As noted most are just surfing to build up their own credits and the TE are just not a place of quality traffic for home business opportunities.

I rather spend that time posting in a work at home forum or writing an article with long term sustained advertising and attraction of quality referrals.

But if you are going to use TE's then your tips are good.
  8. gjohansson1

gjohansson1 New Member

I forgot one very important point in traffic exchanges.

Everyone in traffic exchanges wants more traffic, leads, and sales so its a great idea to indirectly build your referrals using TE Browser or Traffic Hoopla.

The idea is to not have to surf as much, if at all, as you grow your traffic exchange downlines.

This is very time consuming at first, but it has created several additional income streams and free residual traffic for many people.
  9. anthony2313

anthony2313 New Member

I don't bother with traffic exchanges. To me it seems like a waste of time. i tried them many times before with no results are all.

why bother with traffic exchanges when there is many other effective ways to get traffic.
  10. wkathome

wkathome New Member

Being consistent is the hard part for me, seems like it takes forever to just get 100 credits and then they go very fast with just a couple of opt ins.
    I heard one marketer say he shops the traffic exchanges and buys credits when they offer him a deal and he says that works well for him.
  11. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

Thanks for your post. I have started pulling this togther and you just confirmed I'm on the right track.
  12. TopHits4U

TopHits4U New Member

I have had pretty good success with Traffic Exchanges in the past, so I decided to build my own! Traffic Exchanges can be an affective way to promote a website or affiliate link if used properly. Best part is that most of them do not cost a penny. Even if you do not see results right away, you have a great opportunity to brand yourself or your company.
  13. gjohansson1

gjohansson1 New Member

Its good to hear of successes! It is a grind until you start getting referrals into your TE downlines. Referrals in many TEs either create income or residual traffic which can be powerful.
  14. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

Great Post! I have used them and built my names list and made sales from a lead capture page.
  15. lavendersluv

lavendersluv New Member

I have used them for years on and off as a result I never had any results. Today I am using them again this time I am learning how to use many of them offer great some good tools to help get the more of the service.

Michelle
  16. homesjobsneeded

homesjobsneeded New Member

Decided to try the one in the signature by TOPHITS4U
  17. weblogger

weblogger New Member

I tried traffic exchanges before but they are of really low quality and hence stopped on wasting my effort in those laborial tasks,,
  18. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I have used traffic exchanges on and off, with little to no success! I am curious to those that do well with trafic exchanges, which ones work the best?