Who Is Making Money?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by didaventures, Sep 24, 2009.

1. dula14

dula14 New Member

There is no one magic formula for making money online for everyone. Just like a 9-5 you go to everyday, online marketing requires time, effort, and commitment.

Giving an opportunity the "old college try" for a couple months simply will not do. It can take months or even years to make serious money online.

If you're new to it, think of it in the same way you think of your 401k or any other investment. A long term strategy is the best approach. The seeds you plant now will result in a great harvest somewhere down the road!
  2. pbwsfi

pbwsfi New Member

Dave,
    I just hit the first year anniversary of my Internet marketing career and I will tell you that I've spent nearly $12 for every $1 made so far. Where did that money go? Developing a website, advertising (free and paid), membership fees, and getting some coaching to help accelerate my learning curve. These are the steps I took believing in a long-term approach to making money online. If you find a product or program that you are comfortable with, enter it with reasonable goals and a long-term goal and I bet you find the success you are seeking.
  3. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

I don't have anything to hide. I am an affiliate marketing newbie, and I have not earned anything from it yet. I could show you the proof (Clickbank screen capture), but you're probably tired of looking at all those zeros anyway. [​IMG]
  4. BigMoneyJoe

BigMoneyJoe New Member

didaventures: I tried the affiliate thing years ago and failed. I want to set aside about 2 hours a night to do this. My goal is only $100 a day.

After reading I was going to join MOIS or another similar program. I've been researching for the last week which program to choose. I can't spend a lot at first.

I'm wondering if everyone is just lying about making the money they make because I see posts all over the place about members saying they make all this money and then other posts by them saying they never made a dime.

I think there is too much BS going around. Can you people prove to me and others what you make and that you make money?
    You're concern for what everyone else is doing will soon be your downfall.

If you read enough success stories you will have to be juedge on
    if they're real or not. Jhn Reese's is the ultimate story to model,
    and that's real and verified, that' should be proof enough...so why are you wasting your time trolling forums looking for more proof?

There's nothing wrong with doing your research before hand to get
    an idea on what works. But that's all it is, an idea, until you grab
    your your happy sack and take action on your research.
  5. kb71497

kb71497 New Member

What good advice! I have been searching for 3 years. There are scams, but I believe you can earn money on the internet. You have to crawl before you walk....The idea of a get rich quick scheme is rare and may not exist! Stay determined and disciplined. You have what it takes. Just do it![​IMG]
  6. Lots of good advice here. My experience has been similar to some of these. I was involved with all kinds of work from home business for over 5 years, Wasted several thousands of dollars, had accumulated a lot of stuff. I had given up until I got a call from a contact wanting me to try her program, I was skeptical at first because of my past experiences, but I went ahead and checked it out, glad I did.
    There are thousands of scams out there ( could write a book on this) You can make money working from home, but you got to be careful what you choose. Good Luck[​IMG]
  7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi didaventures,

I can understand your concern about scams. Everyone shares the same wariness.

But understand that you can avoid any programs that don't offer a money-back guarantee. That way there's nothing to fear but fear itself. You can always get a refund.

My advice on this is to spend a few months reading from this forum and from online marketing blogs.

Then do as Hermas suggested and take the free 30 Day Challenge. You can also take the free Bum Marketing course if you like.

By the time you finish all of that, you'll have everything you need to put your theory to the test by trying out your ideas on some free sites such as Squidoo or Blogger.

Once you understand how things actually work in practice, you will have heard the names of the most popular programs and can figure out which ones to invest in. I suggest three or so premium products at that point.

Above all, learn the basics and learn how to provide value to your readership.

Hermas is right, no single program covers all the bases. You have to read from several sources to get enough to start and to keep it going.

Take your time. Don't focus on income.

Testimonials and income claims won't help you. Just master the material and learn to implement it. Monitoring and tweaking is also very important.

Enjoy the process!

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~
  8. Lucky1

Lucky1 New Member

As you can see by these replies, there is ALOT of good information past on. If you check other topics you will also get quality information to help promote your website. My advice to you in choosing a product or service is, choose something that YOU believe in and can relate to. Something you, yourself would purchase or use. Also, if you can find an audience and find out what it is they are interested in, you just built loyal repeat customers. And no, you won't always get 100% of the required information in 1 place. It's part of walking your own path. Hope this helps. God bless all of us. Good luck on all your ventures [​IMG]
  9. All replies here can give you some piece of advice. You can use them all, you can ignore them and you can focus on things you really like to do, this is all what Working from Home about: "Doing what you like to do, what you are best in" if you can make money from it, then you are a king.

I personally take online paid surveys and run a blog on how to do it the right way. I squeeze the survey companies for about $500 each month.

Check it out!

By the way:
    MOIS = Iranian Inteligence Agency [according to google search results] (Be Aware!).

GOOD LUCK!
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Offer Tsuriel: By the way:
    MOIS = Iranian Inteligence Agency [according to google search results] (Be Aware!).
    ?? Can anyone confirm that?
  11. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

According to Google:

MOIS = Ministry of Intelligence and Security (Iran)

MOIS = Mayor's Office of Information Services (Philadelphia)

And we know it can also mean My Online Income System.

So what does it all mean?

Of course! It's a big conspiracy between Kim Hoffman, the Mayor of Philadelphia, and the Iranian government! Who knew?
  12. mountainmom5,
    confirmed!
  13. I make money with Affiliate marketing when I email my downlines.
    I have a 485 member downline in WebBizInsider traffic exchange
    and another downline of 1935 members in WebBizInsider traffic exchange. I also have a 830 member downline in my GetResponse
    PIPS newsletter. You can buy downlines from WebBizInsider and
    ListAuction. Check out my web traffic resource directory.
  14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Offer Tsuriel: mountainmom5,
    confirmed!
    Thanks! I never thought of that...[​IMG]

But then again if we are creating quality content REVELANT to Kimberly's MOIS, there shouldn't be too much traffic from the Iranian Intelligence Agency.[​IMG]
  15. cdsites17

cdsites17 New Member

didaventures,

A lot of good posts have been here so far and you should listen to a lot of them. I too would like to know what others are doing to be successful, but really it comes down to learning, growing, and finding out what works for ourselves. I've recently come up with an idea that I think has the potential to boom, but when I when I think about how much work is involved to start, it is overwhelming. The key is like many others have said. We need to have patience and learn and grow with others. Finally, we need to be fully dedicated. If you go to alexa.com and type in google you will find that they are the number one website right now. You will also see that they started online on the 15th of Sept. of 1997. Did everyone know about google the first year they were on the internet? I doubt it greatly. But now everyone knows.

As with anything, rome was not built in a day.

Good luck all...
  16. krazyladyplz

krazyladyplz New Member

You can't rely on what others achieve or don't achieve. What they were lousy at you may be good at and vice versa. The only thing is to do it yourself and come back here and ask questions if you run into problems or need advice.

I'm making some money. Is it as much as I would like? No But I'm laying the ground work now to make it increase. I'm persistent if nothing else, because I am determined to succeed.
  17. That's the spirit [​IMG]
  18. shaun

shaun New Member

I make money online but its not about how much I make its about how much can you make. Do you believe you can and do you believe in yourself.
    Thats step 1. Step 2 is read, read ,read. Learn, learn learn.
    Step 3 is ..Do it ! Do what you have learnt , put it into action.
    If you like I can suggest lots of resources/books to read.
  19. I am always making money with SFIMG.com which is the first link on my website: #1 Internet Money Maker. Join and you'll get 5 free eBooks ,too.
  20. zedra71

zedra71 New Member

You will not make any money or progress if you read all the e-books there is. Step 3 in Shauns post is very significant. Just do it. There will be ups and down's but it happen even in Brick and mauter businesses. Being skeptic all the time leads to being broke all the time. You will never know until you do. As they say the cloud will clear hence " Sunny DayS" [​IMG]