Who is REALLY MAKING BIG MONEY?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dianapolska, Apr 21, 2010.

1. dianapolska New Member

It seems like 99% of the work from home businesses are scams. How does anyone find a really good one? Please, those who have made money online please share your story, people just trying out various businesses dont bother!
  2. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

You have taken the first step to finding a really good one!. Asking for help.

GBG is a great one.

Step 2 is research =].

Make sure you pick something to suit your personal tastes.

Good Luck,

Matt
  3. onera New Member

If you want to succeed in online business (the best work from home business). There are many options.

Option 1. Creating niche websites (No investment - Free)
    1. market research (finding a niche)
    2. keyword research (finding keywords for seo and content creation)
    3. Setting up a blog
    4. Collecting emails by giving away something for free
    5. Follow ups with your subscribers

Option 2. PPC marketing (Medium investment $100-500)
    1. Find a niche
    2. Do keyword research
    3. Bid for keywords and collect data
    4. Optimize your campaign

Option 3. Creating software tools (requires large investment ($5,000)
    1. Find a problem
    2. Create a software tool to solve the problem
    You don't have to be a software developer to create a software tool. you can get it done by outsourcing.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

LOL - as you will see, most of the folks that are making money are not going to just shout it out there and that is for a variety of reasons...

1) There is NO guarantee that you will make money just because I do.

2) It is against forum policies to give out a bunch of figures

3) There is NO silver bullet to success

All of the successful people on here struggled forward. ... meaning they tried and failed until they found what worked for them.

There are not nearly as many scams out there as you think!

Whenever I hear that phrase I know it is from someone that doesn't understand what 'working from home' is and how it all works... and beleive me, we were all there at one point!. [IMG]

Research and more research is on the menu for you... [IMG]

I do make money from home - anywhere from a thousand to several thousand a month - but it is from various streams of income, mostly affiliate marketing, ebay , adsense...

Good luck![IMG]
  5. A8ch Gold Member

dianapolska: It seems like 99% of the work from home businesses are scams.
    The acutal percentage is not nearly that high, but it would seem that way to those just starting out.

It's like anything else really. If you are mining for diamonds, you've got to go through tons of useless rock and soil before you find diamond bearing material. And it takes time to learn how to recognize the difference.

dianapolska: How does anyone find a really good one?
    There are basically two approaches:

1. recommendation
    2. trial and error

dianapolska: Please, those who have made money online please share your story
    That would certainly help to inspire you and confirm that there are people making a living working from home. But that's all. It has absolutely no bearing on whether or not YOU yourself will succeed.

dianapolska: people just trying out various businesses dont bother!
    There is something to be gained from those just starting out too. It's the inevitable path that everyone travels on the way to success. It's also where the most valuable success lessons are learned.

Hermas
  6. Sonni New Member

Many people start out writing for paid to write sites such as eHow, Infobarrel, Hubpages, Xomba, Helium, Triond, Associated Content and there are more, but these are the most popular ones.

You don't make money for a while though until you build up an article library of hundreds of articles maybe thousands if you keep at it.
  7. dianapolska New Member

https://payperpost.com/ seems like a resonable way to start, by getting paid for blogging is this site any good?
  8. FreeCashMan Active Member

the challenge is there are no statistics that can be found that I know of that support that only 1% of business opportunities are legit.

Now there it is probably true that 99% of people don't work serious enough, consistent enough, and long enough with a business to generate success.

We come into business opportunities wanting it ALL right NOW. When major Corp on the stock market don't get into profit for several years when they start, but they continue on into success, we need to have the same attitude in working our business opportunity.

Massive success comes for commitment and consistency at promoting and working your business not for days or a couple months but for months on end. The great thing about network marketing business that it doesn't or shouldn't take one years to get into profit.

If you understand that the success and growth of your home business is like growing a retirement fund, then you can manifest success and a profitable home business
  9. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

A8ch: dianapolska:
    Please, those who have made money online please share your story

That would certainly help to inspire you and confirm that there are people making a living working from home. But that's all. It has absolutely no bearing on whether or not YOU yourself will succeed.
    I love that Hermas. Anytime someone asks me how much money I make working at home I tell them it does not matter how much I make.. It matters how much THEY are going to make.
  10. weebitty Member

all these people are right. What is successful for one may not be successfu for you for whatever reason. Time, money, committment, etc. They all play a part in it. Yes there are scams out there and you do have to do your homework. You have to find something you like to do or you won't commit to it for the long run. Browse around and find something you think you would like to do then investigate it further, take your time and make sure. there is no hurry. I know for some people they think there is but that is how scams succeed!!
  11. talfighel Silver Member

There are a lot of people online who are doing really well in their business.

Just know that these people were in the same position as you when they got started. They knew nothing and they just persisted and never quit.

The best way to create real wealth online is to sell other people's products for commissions and duplicate this business model over and over again in as many niches as possible.

Tal
  12. MarketLifelines New Member

I do not believe that 99% of all jobs are scams. These are determinist generalizations without any sound basis.

I know that people make money because I make my living online. When I started out, people said I would not make a dime. I didn't make money immediately, but I persisted. That's the spirit and the truth.

The internet can be very frustrating. But if you maintain your focus, you will succeed. If you put in 8 hours a day as you would on your day job and really did what you know and love, and you did it right, results should come in within a month.

Most of those who give up put as little as an hour a day and half halfheartedly so, then they expect to get instant results. When they do not see these results, they give up.

Choosing what you want to do is critical. you do not need to be an angel to tell a scam. A scam is so obvious because it is unreal. You should ask yourself why the scammer would advertise such a hot deal. Why not make the money himself or with family and friends?

The truth is that where there is no work, there is no income.
  13. cjmo75 Guest

I don't know if it could be classifies as "big money", but I average $80-$100 per day from Clickbank. I think that affiliate marketing through them is probably one of the best ways to make money online. I do it through writing articles. The secret is to write a lot of them. I usually submit at least 10-15 articles to Ezine Articles every day.
  14. aloevera New Member

Diana, What do you mean by scam?
    I agree with MarketLifelines: I do not believe that 99% of all jobs are scams. These are determinist generalizations without any sound basis.
    Perhaps 20% is, the rest is good. The thing is - the presentation of a home based busienss and similar companies are really presented as easy and anyone can do it. Which is absolutely not true. It is not that easy, unless it is lame easy task and in that case it is not a business it is just work, so you may as well work in a retail store.

But to make it easier for you, make sure you pick the topic from your hobby list. Doing things you are already interested in - will make it little easier when the tough days come on your door.

Good luck and you can make it unless you are just trying it. Often it comes down to the posture that you take it. So, if you want to do it then do it right and start with the decission that you will:
    - Search
    - Research
    - Set your goal
    - Make a decission and you will never quit until you reach your goal.

Have fun.
  15. Teddy New Member

If you are going to do affiliate marketing then it will take lots of hard work to start off and learn. I am very new to affiliate marketing and am still trying to learn the ropes, but if it is what you want then go for it. I am determined to make some good money from affiliate marketing but still have a long road ahead of me and learning is key.

Regards
    Teddy.
  16. DBeavers New Member

aloevera: But to make it easier for you, make sure you pick the topic from your hobby list. Doing things you are already interested in - will make it little easier when the tough days come on your door.
    I see this response posted regularly, and ofter wonder about how people make it in careers that don't relate to a hobby.

I've been self-employed full time for nearly 23 years in my promotional advertising business. So for the thousands of people selling in my industry, I have to ask. Who has a hobby that relates to selling custom decorated promotional products to business and industry.

I get that some people have short attention spans (or lack determination might be a better way to put it) when it comes down to seeing a venture through from start-up to success. And I realize that if they start from something they are interested in, it will help them overcome their limited determination.

But, there are many careers that people are thriving in that are as far from a personal hobby as anyone can imagine.

The same determination that motivates people to take a job, and show up every day for 25+ years to provide for the needs of themselves and their family, is all one needs to stay focused on starting a successful business - regardless if their is a 'hobby' interest in it or not.

For example: Who's hobby would be to spend 90 days starting a real estate sales career before seeing a dime of commission from selling their first home. Believe it or not, people selling real estate put in months for schooling, then pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for membership in the Board of Realtors, Multiple Listing Service, plus the cost of their license, only to have to wait until a home they listed or found a buyer goes to close. No income until their first successful closing!

Real estate and insurance agents may be employees or contract agents, but most don't see real income until they start getting people to sign on the dotted line, and that doesn't happen instantly.

The less 'hobby' connections their are to a business, the less competition those of us who pursue it have to compete with those who are in it only because it's done as a hobby.

The rewards are actually greater for those who choose the road less taken.

I realize that most people who contact me about starting their own promotional advertising dealership will never see the success I have enjoyed, but many of those can still make a good partime or supplemental income in my field.

In the present US economy, I'd suggest that everyone might want to look into earning extra income - whether from moonlighting on a second job, or starting a home-based business. At some point in the future, if they lose their primary income, whatever they have in the way of supplemental income might provide an option for replacement income.

I started my business on a very part-time basis in 1984, and suddenly had to make it a full-time venture when I decided to leave the military early, with no retirement check and a family of five where I was the sole breadwinner.

My business has allowed my wife to be a stay-at-home wife, Mom, and Nana since 1987, and will likely be our primary income until I retire - hopefully, not until my 97th birthday if I get my wish.

Every good home-based business doesn't necessarily come with a hobby-based interest.

Just my opinion.

Dennis Bevers
  17. CarrieLyn Guest

A8ch
    Hermas, I just wanted to let you know that I really liked your response. I'm looking forward to running into you more often in the forums.
    Best,
    Carrie
  18. CarrieLyn Guest

Hi Diana,

What kind of experiences have you had before and with what kind of businesses? It's true that in today's economy there are more swindlers out there but that just means that as consumers who are looking to have a business we've got to do our due diligence and research the companies that we're interested in pursuing.

I agree with the other posts that just because someone else was successful, doesn't mean that you will be too. That being said, it does mean that there is just as much opportunity there for you if you want it.

Similar to mountainmom5 I make income from multiple sources. I hope you stick around in the forums, there's a lot of knowledge to soak up.

Best of luck!
  19. jmtasu99 New Member

First you have to do research and see what's out there and if it's legit. Then see if it makes sense to you. Remember just because it's a legit company doesn't mean it'll get you paid. Make sure it makes sense to you and make sure it has a good team who's willing to help u succeed and not just looking for a quick buck. Personally PPL(prepaidlegal) works for me and has a goodteam/compensation plan. Whatever works for you!
  20. pcwork New Member

onera: Option 1. Creating niche websites (No investment - Free)
    1. market research (finding a niche)
    2. keyword research (finding keywords for seo and content creation)
    3. Setting up a blog
    4. Collecting emails by giving away something for free
    5. Follow ups with your subscribers
    Creating niche websites is not free, you have to spend some money for domain registration and web hosting, unless you want to use free hosting and subdomains which can be deleted any time.