Why are Clickback Products So Hard To Sale?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by duckbird, Dec 19, 2007.

1. duckbird

duckbird New Member

I've been promoting various cb products for 4 months now and have not sold one product. Tell me are any of you making sales via ClickBank?
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

They may be too expensive, or your audience may not be interested in buying.
  3. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: pcworkThey may be too expensive, or your audience may not be interested in buying.

But how can that be, in the Profit Lance info page, they show you invoices where Michael Andrews made thousands of dollars selling ClickBank products. Maybe he has gotten all the sales and there is nothing left for anyone else. It all makes sense now. There is no longer an audience for ClickBank products.
  4. opendomain

opendomain New Member

There are two fundament problems with click bank.
    1. Most of the products, and information contained in those products, are rehashed versions of rehashed versions of old works. (i.e. how to make money at home, download music to your ipod, etc, etc) Essentially all the old school internet marketers created e-books and such to let others promote, why else do you think you get paid so much. It's a draw to have more people selling this crap.
    2. Money back. Because most of the products are garbage any sales you make are usually refunded back within 5-10 days. It usually takes that long for people to realize they have been had.

Your best bet, if you are going to use clickbank, is to stay within non-technical niche areas. Dog training guides, poker tips, health, stuff like that. If only because you can get page rankings faster and easier if your keywords are set up correctly.

Duck I really do hate to see that things are still not working for you. I really wish you would consider gving my GDI program a 7 day free try. I can help you with Craig's list postings and such. Because you've already studied PL most of the concepts are there, it seems to me like you don't have that great of a mentor or leadership program behind you and invested in you. I'm creating a branch of my team right now with a great leader behind it, it would be a great time to get in if only because my newest recruit has an awesome sales/marketing background in the real world which we are teaming up to attack both the net and offline markets.

I say again, you've already had a great beginning in theory with PL, you just lack any SOUNDS product or leadership...or so it would seem.
  5. slash8789

slash8789 New Member

Do you mind if I ask what the GDI program is?
  6. opendomain

opendomain New Member

The best way to explain it is to have you visit my open domain site in my link.

The short version is it's a webhosting company that allows you to sell domain names as well as build a team doing the same thing.

I've developed a system to build a downline that i've shared with a few people on this site that i've had tremendous success with.

Again the best explaination I can give is to have you visit the site, read just the main page and then click get started to get an even better overview.
  7. dreed

dreed New Member

Two questions that come to my mind duckbird are how you are promoting your products, and are you targeting a specific audience. Have you tried to promote on places like usfreeads? Think outside the box a little. Try safelists and maybe some ezines. Throw you link on a coupl eof free traffic exchanges to see if you get any results. Last resort may be to set up an adwords campaign, but that would depend entirely on your budget and knowledge of adwords.
  8. 040107

040107 Member

Recently Clickbank has surpassed its million dollar day so obviously
    products are being sold via Clickbank. Most of the sales are
    probably sold through affiliates.

Marketing is a little bit tricky in that you can try to copy what works
    for someone else and still not be successful if you miss an important
    component of their marketing system.

In fact, some marketers will even lose money on the front-end in an
    attempt to make the money on the back-end. But sometimes their
    marketing process isn't transparent. So if we try to copy what we
    see, we may lose money too.

The majority of newbie marketers starts out marketing products
    that are selling well but become quickly discourage by the fierce
    competition they face. What most newbies fail to learn is proper
    market and keyword research.

It would be easier if we knew exactly how you're promoting them.[​IMG]
  9. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: dreed how you are promoting your products, and are you targeting a specific audience.

For example if I'm promomoting an online music download service, I'll promote it in the entertainment/music section.
    If I'm promoting a course such as Profit Lance, I promote it in several sections..business ops, affiliate, marketing, work at home and home based business.

I post free blogs and articles related to what I'm trying to promote and I add my link.
    I add links to various forums related to what I'm trying to promote.
    And I submit to various search engines such as Google, MSN, Yahoo,Dmoz just to name a few.

I think my problem is, there are one million people out there tyring to promote what I'm promoting and I'm number one million and one.

I'm doing a little better with Google Adsense. So far in four months, I've almost made 7 dollars.
  10. opendomain

opendomain New Member

In that PM i sent you I forgot to mention the success I had with "review Sites"

For instance there are usually 3-4 types of the same/similar product on clickbank, I did have some success with review sites linking to the 3-4 products. Does that make sense?
    Basically I would write a "review" of each product with in the site and give one a raving review and the others a so so review. THis lead to about 15 sales of the "great review" product.

This might be a road you take. Again I did this but used adword to help sell it...which did cost me alot of money till i worked the keyword bugs out.

I always got the impression that my competition was clicking my ads to drive me under. There were just to many clicks to not have a sale IMHO.
  11. duckbird

duckbird New Member

I believe people are becoming leary of random ads promoting questionable products and services.
    I think most people buying clickbank are people wanting to make money online by purchasing an e-book or money making course.
  12. opendomain

opendomain New Member

exactly!!! Not that you can't sell clickbank items, but rather that they are basically rehashed versions of rehashed garbage on tips for ebay, wholeselling, or various other niche markets that are long gone.
    Or filled with so many corrupt people that most people ARE leary of buying from them
  13. juno44444

juno44444 New Member

I don't like the payment structure of Clickbank. It's not for new Internet Marketers or people who have not a lot of traffic.

I suggest you study more in the field of making money online and build some good solid websites. Get them lots of traffic, then worry about monetizing them.

I have been most successful with Amazon.

I sold something(s) with Clickbank but I couldn't figure out what I sold.

I suggest you start with getting lots of traffic to a site and monetizing with simple Pay Per Click or Pay Per Play ads. Later worry about sales.
  14. xeonkar007

xeonkar007 New Member

the marketing funnel my friend.. thats where the business blood flows..

the backend.. best marketers give away great information for very less price or at a loss or may be free and then make the big bucks on the backend.[​IMG]
    thats where new affiliates are dumbfounded, they lose a lot of money through PPC and sell some $47 product and dont even build a list, thats just suicide, and its not business, its money making,

business has assets... online business main assets are list,websites,,.. so affiliates should have some mechanism to build a list and have an asset so that they can market to it later and build a viable business.
    thanks and take care
    [​IMG]
    if you want more..... well reply in this thread...[​IMG]
  15. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Very true, if you're not working a list your not working.
  16. reign

reign New Member

Question? Has anyone seen a sale from their profit lance affiliate web pages?
    Seems odd that my page is ranked really well but I have not seen any conversions with click bank or adsense?
    Wouldn't google send traffic to my well ranked pages? Incidentally it appears that all members have the same page rank and obviously the same pages and product reviews. I followed my pages out one night and there are plenty of web pages that these sites are linked to and eventually made it to a huge index like the one you might generate if you set up all the adsense sites. Anyone see a pattern or am i looking at it wrong?
  17. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

The main problem with promoting clickbank products is the competition, especially in the internet marketing field.

People are drawn to this niche, because as new marketers, they look at this area and think, " Here's something I would buy."

The problem is they are going head-to-head with marketers with much more experience and usually more resources in this niche.

I agree that the smarter choice would be to promote the products that have nothing to do with internet marketing.

As for the products being rehashed info, pretty much ALL information is available somewhere free. The thing that makes one of the better infoproducts worth it is that they save you the time and effort of searching out the info. It's one of those situations where $50 can save you a couple of months of surfing the net looking for answers (when sometimes you don't even know the questions).

Within the internet marketing field, a lot of people PREFER to buy their products through clickbank because of the no-hassle refund. Through clickbank, you don't need to convince the merchant you have a good reason to request a refund. You don't need to jump through hoops, just email clickbank.

Historically, clickbank's only problem was letting garbage products get on their system in the first place. They are aware of it, and have been cracking down on things - I feel like that's a step in the right direction.
  18. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Could this be one of the problems why I'm not selling any CB products?

When promoting, I've been displaying the url with my cb id included.
    I now have the tool to change that, but I just wanted to know, could that have hurt me the way it was?
  19. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

hey, duckbird. How's it going?

Since you have the tool to cloak your url, I would do it. It can't hurt. I wouldn't assume this is something you've lost sales to, though.

The biggest issue with clickbank products is learning to sell them differently than everybody else is. I'm not saying you have to revolutionize the entire internet marketing world single-handedly.

I'm just saying, you can't use a stock template a million other people are using. If you are, you might want to offer a bonus.

Take the get in shape site we were talking about on that other thread, ask yourself why someone would buy from YOU instead of anyone else. Find a public domain ebook (or write an ebook yourself), or make a workout journal template in excel. Basically, offer them more than just what comes with the product. This sets you apart from everybody else selling the product and using the template (of course, if it's a stock template you can't change much, it might be hard to even make the offer.)

Tell them you're offering this bonus and once they have purchased through your link, then have them email you their receipt #. Let them know once you receive the receipt, you'll give them the url for their bonus.

On this url, you have an opt-in form thay need to fill out to get the bonus. The page they get once they have confirmed their opt-in contains your bonus link.

Think about what you've done, now
    1) You got them to buy from you instead of someone else, so you get the commission.
    2) You got them on your opt-in list, now you can send them info (don't spam, or they will unsubscribe). If you don't have a newsletter or autoresponder series set up, just drop them a note once a month or something. Always give them something with every email. Basically, what I'm saying is give them a bonus with EVERY email. The point is, you don't want them to unsubscribe. Also, they develop that trust that you are communicating with them to help them out.

Once this trust develops, they will become super-responsive to any offer you do send them. Just keep it casual and non-pushy. Say something like, "I ran across this the other day and thought all my friends might want to see it. Then you give them your link.
  20. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Great advice [​IMG]