Why are people Leaving Coastal Vacations?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by MarryCoastal, Feb 3, 2010.

1. MarryCoastal

MarryCoastal Guest

I would like to join a better income opportunities than Coastal Vacations. I know that there are good companies out there.

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

I have been looking at making money at home with several home based business opportunities. I have noticed that many people have quit Coastal vacations and have joined other opportunities like: Global Resorts Networks, Resorts 360, Platinum 1 Destinations, and MOR Vacations.

Does anyone know more on this subject of the problems with Coastal Vacations?

Two of Coastal Vacations independent closing centers have closed and are now selling Resorts360. That does not sound good.

Scot Chatron was on the Board of Directors with Coastal Vacations. Scot Chatron has now quit Coastal and joined Global Resorts Networks. Scot Chatron is now a company trainer for Global. Why did Scot Charton quit Coastal Vacations and become a trainer with Global Resorts Networks?

Does it has something to do with the lawsuit served to Coastal Vacations while they were doing the convention training seminar?
    Department investigators said they served a cease-and-desist order against NB Management owner Al Romine while Al Romine was conducting a "training seminar" at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Florida.

I did see where Coastal Vacations is having their Convention training seminar in another state this year. I guess Coastal Vacations is not completely out of business yet. Stephanie Johnson, Al Romine, Official Coastal Events. Announcing the Coastal Vacations International and national Training seminar convention. Convention Seminar Location: Cobblestone Inn Suites & Conference Center 275 Tanger Blvd Branson, MO 65616.

There has to be something good out there that an average housewife can make extra income with. So, I am still searching.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome MarryCoastal! I was in Coastal a few years back as well, but when the economy turned south , it kept getting harder to sell the packages... so I turned to Internet Marketing.

I have not been in the "know" about the changes you mentioned but I do know the DFI group is still pretty active with Coastal - in fact I just referred one of my gals to someone in that team as they have the best training around. If you do a search for DFILive, you should find something on it.

Cheers!

p.s. and yes there are other ways to make money online. [​IMG]

3. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

I have heard many good things from Global Resorts Network.

I personally like low cost MLMs. The reason is they are affordable for everyone and they bring in the masses!.

Instead of the people on top making all of the money as with higher ticket items.. You need to truly help your downline to make money.. And nobody gets used!

Business also BOOMS much faster this way.

Think walmart!

Matt

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Matt is right - GRN is less to get into and is set up where you can make money faster - with Coastal it takes a long time till you can pocket any money unless you come in at the top which is like $11,000 and then you get to keep the lower sales... but yeah, there are definitely other mlm travel business plans out there![​IMG]

5. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Hi Marry & Matthew,

I used to own one of those independent coastal call centers and
    as Mountain Mom says ... once the skids hit the economy, it got
    tougher and tougher to make Coastal "go" for us and our Members.

Matt has the right idea ... lower cost MLM's is very appealing now.

What to look for ... something everyone buys or needs, has a very
    high success rate in terms of product performance, easy to interact
    with the program and ... LOW ENTRY COST is optimum.

That's if you can handle the "build it up" time it takes, which if it
    is a good one (by the above measures) means 60 to 120 days to
    get you to 1/2 time or even full time income levels.

If you need it crank the bucks NOW --- you're stuck with something
    that has the higher ($500 to $11,000) entry levels, because it takes
    that to push the higher "right now" commission dollars through to
    the selling distributor and upline as needed.

And that brings you back to issues with today's economy.

We chose to sell the call center and move on from Coastal to other
    things that met the lower entry level cost type of business and
    has that universal appeal. Lightened the load, makes it fun again.

Holler if you'd like help or suggestions ... good luck!

6. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

In a rough economy leisure travel is on the top of the abandon list. I can't see how any travel biz opportunity is optimal for joining at this time.

7. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

mountainmom5: with Coastal it takes a long time till you can pocket any money unless you come in at the top which is like $11,000
    WOW $11,000 is a lot to get started. I would think it would take a while to recoup investment.

Mark

8. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

mtran2000
    That all depends (or depended ... depending on who you joined under)
    whether they adhered to the STRICT way it works or if they are / were
    willing to cut a deal with someone coming in at L3 .. $11,000.

In any event, to recover $11,000 you are looking at 4 to 8 sales made
    by you, to cover "training sales" (that's sales you pass up to the person
    who brought you in) plus depending on if you're receiving part of the
    lower level (L1, L2) sales or not.

One of the blessings ... and curses of Coastal, is (or was) that anyone
    can cut their own deal, as there's no corporate control over how
    sales are handled. Everyone has to do their own thing, which
    includes taking the money, whether by credit card, cash, check, etc.
    and then ordering out the package from Coastal by sending THEM
    a cashiers check (no credit cards or personal checks) and having
    that package sent to your buyer.

In it's day, Coastal was good. We had many mid to high 5 figure
    months of income. But I don't miss many of the things that come
    with being the processor of payments, orderer of packages and
    having no control over how the product itself performed (ie: how
    the vacations worked .. or didn't).

Thus .... the move to what we do now. Simpler, cannot fail to get
    the value from belonging, and no personal handling of product, etc.

Have a great week!

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

mtran2000: WOW $11,000 is a lot to get started. I would think it would take a while to recoup investment.
    It was and I recouped that investment as we were with a group where we kept the lower training sales which were $3200 a pop... but even so, there is a lot of advertising cost involved when you first get started and all in all, it is a tough way to go for most people.

The reason I quit was mostly because even though I could make sales, most of my team struggled and gave up, and I didn't want to see any more folks go through that so I quit too![​IMG]

10. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Hey Montana Mom,

That's exactly what I was referring to as far as who someone joined
    under and if they required all lower level sales and how many training
    sales were required.

We started our call center because so many people can't sell, or at
    least don't think they can or don't want to.

The issue there was as you mentioned, to drive a sales effort a person
    has to be spending money ... $500 to $2,000 per month buying leads
    for someone (or themselves) to call to make sales, because unlike
    us (yes we did this) most people won't "cold call" in their own local
    market for a high ticket sales effort like a Coastal Package costing
    $1,295 up to $11,000.

But ... give them something low key, low cost that really does what
    it says and promises --- it's no longer "SELLING" and becomes a
    warm market FAVOR they are doing to SHARE.

You know, I don't actually know how coastal is doing these days
    but from my last efforts to help someone in coastal, they did a
    search on google, found a few sites / hits outside the normal guys
    that show up ... and not ONE of them would even return a phone
    call or email, asking about their Coastal business.

It think likely because they are getting cross marketed heavily now
    and don't want to deal with being "hit on" for something else and
    simply abandoned their coastal sites.

All in the scope of doing business.

Have a great week!

11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

closerjim: You know, I don't actually know how coastal is doing these days
    Yeah, I don't know either although I guess the DFI team seems to be one of the most active that I know of - I just sent someone that way about a week ago.

They tie in with danijohnson.com for training which I am sure helps as Dani is dynamic when it comes to training.

12. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

FreeCashMan: In a rough economy leisure travel is on the top of the abandon list. I can't see how any travel biz opportunity is optimal for joining at this time.
    My thoughts, exactly.
    Many are struggling with the basics, just getting by during this turbulent time.

Victoria

13. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I used to be in Global Resorts Network and I can honestly say that people are not willing to spend $3000 to get started in an online home based business.

I went through a lot of prospects in GRN and out of many, not even 1 bought. This was one of the best learning curves for me in my online business since I started back in 2002.

You can do so much better with low cost MLM's online. I am personally doing well with an MLM company that has a low start-up fee and a low monthly membership less then $30 per month.

If you want to get started right, don't ever get started with a high ticket MLM program like Global Resorts Network or anything close to it.

Tal

14. fdo528

fdo528 New Member

MarryCoastal

People are leaving Coastal Vacation for the resons being that they think its a scam. Google coastal vacation and you will see tons of complaints after complaints. I was with coastal for just one month and I sold one packages and got my money back. Yes, these days nobody wants to start with an online/home based business for $3000. That's too much money.

15. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

Thanks everyone for your insight into Coastal and Global.

16. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

I've had someone courting me about Coastal just this last week. But, I can't deviate!!

I have finally, after decades in this industry, found an opportunity, a super reputable company in the media 11 times and about to do it again (no, not Amway - nothing against them tho) that offers a guaranteed $2,000 monthly income. Of course one can do better than that. But, if one wants to just get in for 10 months, that's what you get. Absolutely amazing to me. This is very exciting to me!

17. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

Can anyone help me so I can help a friend with the concellation policy for people that sign and pay the $1250 for a Coastal Vacations "business"??

She can't find her info and for the life of me I can't find anything online about it.... She thinks they have a 60 day money back guarantee....

THANKS!!

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN

18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Biznurse

As a direct sales organization most cancellations are handled by the distributor itself. I would suggest getting in contact with whoever sold the package and talking with them about their return policy.

My real question is why are you looking to return a TRAVEL PACKAGE that was bought for $1295 that has over $15000 in value. If you do any traveling I can assure you that as you use the package you will get more value than what you paid. For instance my wife and I stayed in a $300 dollar a night 4 bedroom condo in Williamsburg Va for $235 for the week. We saved well over $1500 on that trip alone which is more than we paid for our level one package. As we continue to travel we will continue to save more and more money.

I hope I got your question correct but if I didnt please email me and I can see what I can do to offer assistance.

19. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

ateamfuntimer
    That is just so foreign to me Adam, but I will talk to her. I've many times over replaced my RN income due to our direct sales business over the last nine years, and I NEVER EVER do refunds or deal with those issues..... [​IMG]

I do appreciate your trying to help tho..... She's calling her credit card company and filing a claim ....

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN

20. CoastalProfit

CoastalProfit New Member

Wow! This is quite interesting! Especially all the comments about Coastal Vacations. I am doing Coastal Vacations also! I started it 8 years ago and worked it for 4 years being very successful. When the recession came, I believed that maybe other programs that cost less would help more people and be more encouraging for people to join, so that is what I did. I also thought that maybe there was an easier way, like do nothing and make lots of money. I actually tried a few of them. I made some money but nothing like I have with Coastal Vacations. I worked just as hard if not harder for a lot less return! I learned that it really wasn't about the money! I learned that you can give away something for free and a person who is not motivated will never do anything with it. It is not about the money! It is about your motivation and your desire to be successful. It is about whether you are willing to do the activities that will generate the income! Here I am again, a few years after a fair trial of a few other businesses with a lot cheaper ticket price, back working Coastal. I have found that with Coastal's 13 year or more track record doing business online, and the shipping facilities 25 years of proven experience in this industry, is good enough for me. Even if a person didn't get the highest package level, I don't think $3,200. and $1,000. payments are too bad either! It is a small investment for the outcome!

That is why looking for motivated people is the key to my business! I like this quote:
    "Know what you want and be determined to stand by it until it is realized."

The best to you!

Diana MEYER likes this.