Why Did You Choose the Business Opportunity You are Promoting?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by purposedriven42, Jul 24, 2008.

1. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Good question,

Looking for a business or a career change is an important decision, especially in a recession. For those who have been in the MLM industry, you may rememember that in economic downturns, many more are looking to hedge their incomes with part time or passive income, and now that the internet makes it easier than ever, we are all in prime time prospecting for new team members.

I have always operated several businesses at one time, even before the internet made it so much easier, but I alwasy focus on free to join businesses, as in no investment, no risk, even more important in a recession. I target real estate agents, mortgage brokers and auto salespeople who are all sucking wind right now, but are all professional salespeople, so knowing your market is the secret to success.

The next aspect I look for other than free to join is value with a BIG V. In a recession, if you cannot offer VALUE, you will find it more difficult to sell, and if no sales, no profits no matter what business you choose, so choose carefully. With economic downturns like this, the home business usually booms, but the more severe the recession, the more people will be looking at free to start businesses, and this is what I concentrate on in hard times. I have a business for all economic situations, but bottom line is VALUE, as in saving money, not wasting it.

Of course, company has to be solid, management top rate, compensation plan fair, but more important is to look for companies in a massive market, as in, everyone is a potential customer, this is what I find is most important over the VALUE aspect. As example, everyone owns a car, so extended warranties are a good industry. Everyone is online, so low cost high speed T1 is well received product in a down market where everyone is looking to save money. And best of all, everyone needs customers, so prospecting solutions like auto dial systems are hot, why, no customers, no sales, and prospecting has always been the most difficult things to accomplish for all business owners, home businesses or professionals, we all need customers.

Success to all, Mike
  2. beachbody

beachbody New Member

Having been in most MLM businesses that promised ground floor hype, spillover etc, I was burned off on MLM, until a business partner contacted me about Team Beachbody. I had heard of the products, saw the infomercials frequently on TV, so I knew that they were great pruducts with a huge marketing audience.
    What swayed me to join was 1. it costs $40 one time and you are in business, and $14.95 a month , buy or sell $50 worth of product. It gets better though.... sign up 2 people(which was incredibly easy as people you know are already using the products and loving them, you ask them if they want to become a member and get paid and bingo) and the Company will GIVE you customers.....FREE, you then contact the customers and most of them in turm will become members. The compensation plan is amazing, and best of all, you set your goal to become fit and in shape. This is the Easiest business I have ever been involved in, and the most rewarding.
  3. web20mentor

web20mentor New Member

I wanted to change the "status quo" on network marketing.

I got sick of reading people in this forum saying that a 97% fail rate was acceptable and using every form of justification that they could find for what I see as pure deception and false promises.

So I created my own training program which allowed the network marketer to STOP THE INSANITY and START BEING REAL.

That means they stop trying to BS their market and they start being themselves and they learn how to attract others to their business based on their AUTHENTICITY and HEART.

Great question. Thanks for starting this thread!

I am so grateful for this forum. There is so much value here and so many authentic contributors who truly want to express their unique perspectives and their unique talents.

As always, I believe that Vishal runs the baddest home based business forum on the net today!
  4. paulk

paulk New Member

After having lots of experience in failing with home
    businesses, I finally made a choice based on everything
    that I had learned.
    I needed to find a business that was affordable to
    everyone. The business would also have to be simple
    for everyone to use. And the business would have to
    allow me to earn my income from home as a stay at
    home dad. It took lots of research but it was worth it.
  5. fiji259

fiji259 New Member

Hi,
    I am a Newbie. I was sick of wondering if I could ever learn about the internet ....and maybe make some money!
    I signed up with SBI ...It is full of information and guidance,
    especially for someone like me who didn't know anything about
    websites except for how to shop!!

I was reading forums and message boards and came across one of my favorite subjects...The Lottery!
    I am now a Member of a Lottery Pool that has been in business since 1996. Besides playing the Lottery I can also make an income.
    My favorite hobby is now free ...plus I continue to build my team.
    The person I signed up under has been working with Lotto Magic
    part-time for a year and makes 18K + from her downline.
    I am such a Lottery nut this is fun for me ...so I know I will be even more successful than my sponsor.

I am happy to be a new member of this forum...I learn something useful from every post I read!

Thanks[​IMG]
  6. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

As we can see from this forum, many different business opportunities are working for many different people, so success is going to be different for everyone depending on many factors.

Why so many fail is they have no clue how many failures successful people have to experience before they make it in their own business. If you don't condition yourself to failure, you will never succeed. Most in MLMland are promised more than is delivered, especially when it comes to the spillover fairy. lol

As you become more experienced, you will learn that the more hype you hear, the less likely you will see any success. If you keep this one fact in mind, you will be less likley to lose your time and money chasing the dream, rather than reaching YOUR dream. Again, everyone is different, but hype gets you nothing but disappointed, angry, or worse, destroys your drive to succeed. This is why so many fail in MLM or in their own business, what is hyped to grow fast will rarely last. I look for only long term business opportunities.

Good luck to all, Mike
  7. annadenise

annadenise Member

Look carefully at what you get involved with. I dropped all MLM's and only work with one co. that is Cooperative marketing because there are over 2million customers to only about 10thousand business affiliates. Everyone should obviously do what they are comfortable with - BUT if your business does not have a product good enough to be bought by customers without the business opportunity, then you will constantly be replacing drop outs.

The other VERY BIG thing is get in a team that will assist you. This is recently becoming my pet peeve because of people calling themselves a team that are not a team. Being in the same downline does not make a team. I constantly am asked to assist people in other so called "teams" because their upline does not assist them at all. If someone says they are in a team ask to see how they get together via calls, forums, personal assistance, etc. Most do not give the personal assistance they claim they do.

To reiterate,
    1. Find a good company that is long term, been in business 5 years or more, and not dependent on business affiliates to function.
    2. Find a team that really does work to assist each other and really does work to help all get referrals.
    3. Join directly. There is no reason to pay fees to third parties to participate in good companies.
  8. WARRANTIES4LESS

Good advice,

VALUE, that is the number one ingredient I look for in these recessionary times which most are going through at the moment in many areas of the country and world.

Without value, with a capital V, you won't see success. As AnnaDenise stated, if you wouldn't make a purchase from your company without the income opportunity, then how could you expect others to make purchases as retail customers, or what some refer to as preferred member purchases.

Bottom line, if you wouldn't make purchase without the income opportunity, based on price, quality, need and value, then forget it, when the regulators look for new targets, they always look at the ratio of retail verses distributor purchases. If your company cannot show 50% or better are retail non distributor sales, you are open to attack in these over regulated days we live in. I concentrate on companies with a strong product or service which is purchased on the merits of true value, not the usual and typical hype of huge incomes as a distributor.

Good luck to all, Mike
  9. Silverstone

Silverstone New Member

purposedriven42: Why did you choose the business opportunity you are promoting? Any experiences so far that you can share?

I chose the one I am with because there is no cost... $0 Investment. I've grossed over $500 so far Part Time with it in about 2 months (I can prove this too with a screenshot of my paypal account).

Aside from the fact that it did not cost me anything to get started, I also like the education that I have received for Internet marketing.

So, I got started for free, I'm making money and I'm learning too.

Jaime McCarley
    ps- it's only free if you are a resident of USA or Canada
  10. 4u2nv

4u2nv New Member

I chose to promote my business because I believe in the product and the compension plan is incredible. I joined an excellent team that actually helps with building the downline and that is the most important feature that attracted me to this type of business. Without the success of your downline, you will not be success. It is a win/win situation. Your downline becomes successful which makes you successful.
  11. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

The simple fact mine is free was a huge incentive.

Namaste
  12. alexa

alexa New Member

I'm never convinced that "free" is a very good price for a business opportunity, I admit - it can sometimes attract people of welfare mentality who aren't really willing to do what it takes to get started. Controversial, perhaps, but sometimes true. Having said that, I must admit I got involved in my program because I knew the total start-up cost was only under $40 all-included, there's no monthly fee or "autoship", and I knew people making $1,000+ profits in their first couple of weeks. And nobody can call that unattractive!
  13. brt

brt New Member

The reason I chose my business is Cooperative Marketing!

Brendan

[​IMG]
  14. glitch00

glitch00 New Member

I'm been on the Free Online Cash System for just about 59 days, and after some weeks of learning through the ropes, I finally earned my first $125. Now people may laugh at me as I know others may have earned money faster, but that's not the point here.

This particular business opportunity I joined because first, it's open for international members such as myself. Second it offers some great support, it doesn't stay stagnent, and always gives room for improvement. Still plenty of wonderful features for next year. It has some good people that I learned from and even made friends from and the founders themselves are friendly.

And the most important thing is that they have a passion to help people be successful online. They are not up for people who want to just be rich and that's it. They are giving and willing to share all their knowledge in becoming successful.

Another thing is that there is nobody at the dead top making all the big bucks and your success greatly depends on how much you dedicate your time too. I also like the various income stream potential the program offers.

It is also a nice thing that you get paid as soon as you become a member.

Lastly, I love the teamwork effort of the opportunity. All the members of the system work together and the faster the group works, the faster everyone can benefit.

All around great program and has certainly worked for me.

John Ruiz
    Team S2S
  15. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Since I am still a beginner, I recently joined the business opportunity I chose to promote so I can earn while I learn. I will also list the reasons why I joined this particular one.

1. It's a training system for network marketers with weekly Live Training Conference (I need a lot of training)
    2. You can use the system for your current network marketing business or you can just be a sponsor (I currently do not have an existing one)
    3. By being a sponsor, you get $17 for every direct referrals with a forced 3x6 matrix (getting referrals put under by my upline)
    4. The opportunity to earn $5500/monthly residual income for only $20 a month with a 7 day money back guarantee (that's less than 70cents a day)
    5. TEAMWORK (I really like the idea of teamwork)

Those are just some of the reasons why I joined and decided to promote it. I am currently working on starting my own team for newbies like me get started by getting every member 3 referrals each to jumpstart their downline and continue for their downline to grow as a TEAM.

glitch00's iwantfreecash seems pretty interesting to me. I'm just trying to figure out how you make money and earn residual income with no start up cost. I know I should just listen to the presentation. I just hate giving out my email just to get details. Oh well.. what do I have to lose.
  16. glitch00

glitch00 New Member

You can check out the discussion thread in the business opportunities. I've also sent you an e-mail. Don't worry I don't spam to people not interested in the opportunity.
  17. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Thanks glitch00 for the info. That is an interesting system you have there to make money. But I'm not ready to commit into it yet. I have to get my team started and training with the program I just joined. Then when I get my team where I want it to be, we'll see what's in store for me. Best of luck to you!

-Sue
  18. Wanderlust

Wanderlust New Member

I have been in the GRN business since this past July and purchased my membership back this past April. For me, it was first and foremost because of the OUTSTANDING product as I travel frequently and of course, I could use the amazing deals available within GRN. IN a nutshell, GRN or Global Resorts Network allows unlimited, unrestricted lifetime access to over 5000 4-5 star resorts worldwide at a fraction of the cost of the industry with no annual fees, no maintenance fee, no limits to the amount of weeks per year the membership can be used and last but not least, no black out dates.

With this in mind, I saw first hand the power of this membership on my trip last June in Rio de Janeiro where a top hotel on the beach was going for $1600 for a week while on the membership, it was listed for $650 or a saving of a grand right there and then.

Next, I made a reservation for my up coming trip again to Rio during Carnaval in the last week of February. During that time, the same top hotel (the Rio Othon Palace) charges over $1000 per night or about $5600 if I were to book it through any of the major online providers such as Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz or Hotels.com. With the membership, I booked it for the entire week of Carnaval for $650. I am still having a hard time believing it. My friends are having a hard time believing it. During Carnaval, you would be LUCKY if you can get a hammock in a youth hostel for under $100 a night in Rio and I got a deluxe ocean view suite for about $92 a night! Thats simply unreal! I am sooo loving it!

Thats why I got into the business. The amazing deals available with this membership. savings of $1k-$2Ks or even $3K per week of vacation while using the membership are the meat and patotoes of this membership. Even if a member and his family all they did was just to take a one week vacation per year using this membership, over the course of 2 or 3 years, the membership would more than pay for itself in savings! Thats how powerful this membership.

In 3 months of being in this business, I have focused mainly on the product retail aspect of it to great success. So much that I will have a couple of up coming full page ads in very targeted magazines in the next 2-3 months costing me a few grands.

The business has been very good to me and God willing, it shall allow me to achieve my goal of quitting my job by this coming Christmas![​IMG] And what is truly amazing is that I have not focused at all so far on the team building but mainly on the retail aspect of this business. I am left speechless when I think of what I can achieve when I will have built a team on top of the current retail side which is keeping me quite busy. Simply mind buggling!

The business pays $1000 per sale of a platinum membership which is a lifetime membership, valid 99 years and is fully transferable and and willable. As a nice bonus to it, the referal business also allows to build a team and on each sale made by the people on your team, to earn matching commission of $500 and $1000. With this pay plan, with only a handful of people on your team, you can very fast make as much or double your jobs income. Concretely speaking, even with a team of 3 people with each making 2 sales a month, thats an extra $6000 to your lifestyle. For a lot of folks out there, an extra $6K a month would allow them to fire their boss. This business is about creating real wealth real fast.

I have searched for years but have never seen anything like GRN. It just blows away any competition. Full stop! I feel blessed to have found it and to have the membership and to be in this amzing business.

Payman.
  19. stardreamer

stardreamer New Member

Hi Jose, That's an insightful question, because if one gets the key to why, then one can easily build a downline. [​IMG]

I joined because the unique, quality product solved a long term health issue that didn't seem to have a resolution for me, AND I saw the potential for helping others achieve health, wellness, and dreams, thereby helping my dreams come true.

For me, the bottom line, is would I use the product if I weren't in the business? The answer for me, for this product is YES!

It seems everybody is trying to make a quick $$. The answer is in offering more in service and quality then one receives, and this MLM provides a vehicle for me to do just that!

StarDreamer
  20. Shelly Allen

Shelly Allen New Member

I've always been interested in Health and Wellness! The very first company I chose has great products (and I am still a customer today) however after years of dealing with 'my product is better than your product', and finding and keeping customers, the company I chose to promote today has, in my opinion, the best concept going.....and it's called Cooperative Marketing![​IMG]