Why Did You Choose the Business Opportunity You are Promoting?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by purposedriven42, Jul 24, 2008.

1. aandrews

aandrews Member

Over time when you market, you make a number of contacts and develop relationships with other Internet Marketers. On occasion, these people are the first (they become the master distributor) to be asked to start marketing the new Company and product.

This has been my experience on a number of occasions and it is both rewarding and frustrating. Rewarding because you can know about a great income opportunity before most others and frustrating because a start up can end up being a dead end.

Recently, I've come to know of two such opportunities. One has to do with a virtually unknown botanical called the Maqui berry and the other has to do with discount travel.

I fought the idea of doing a travel mlm because most of them are worthless and the one's that have any value cost thousands of dollars to join. This will change that.

So to answer your question: I choose these because of the relationship I had with the person who introduced them to me. Second, I felt very strongly about the product, feeling it has both value for me and has mass appeal. And three, I enjoy offering products that have huge benefits to others.

Have a terrific day!

Andrew
  2. irishguru

irishguru New Member

I chose my first one, network marketing with a highly reputable company that saves people money with their great products and services because it will teach me alot and I'm a very focused and sales orientated person.

My second I chose because it taught me loads about how to make money online, advertising marekting and basically everything right up to the expert stuff.

I'm about to join another one some time this week, that'll be three [​IMG]
  3. robertahill

robertahill New Member

Why did you choose the business opportunity you are promoting? Any experiences so far that you can share?

ANSWER: Simple; it is relationships. Tony Alessandra a colleague and business associate told me about iLearningGlobal opportunity. I knew him and trusted him and what he said. That is all I needed. I have NEVER been involved in any MLM before.

Then I was impressed by the following in this order:
    1. It was headed by Brian Tracy another guy I respected. (I later found out it has all the big guys in network marketing working with it.)
    2. I really believed in the concept and product: importance of continuous learning and personal development and bringing it all into one place using the latest technology.
    3. It was in prelaunch. I knew this was a critical factor -- to get in at the beginning (and near the top). Launch is set for January 2009

iLG has lots of support and brings all the best of this marketing strategy but it is hard for me. My pitch is that I really need to find people experienced with building relationships with others, who see the vision of life long learning and would like to join me to help build this business from the ground up.
  4. jaynen

jaynen New Member

1. Donald Trump has endorsed the company.

2. The product makes sense.

3. The pricing is competitive.

4. The market is wide-open.

5. The compensation plan is sick.

6. The residual income is real (not dependent on new sales or new recruits).

7. The leadership is legendary.

8. I could afford to roll the dice on $500 if it didn't work.

When I first looked at my opportunity, I was already doing ok by my standards then, especially for my age. I wasn't really looking for an opportunity which is why some of the things above were even an issue; I wasn't really willing to do "whatever it takes" to make a crazy income.
  5. rovingdigital

rovingdigital New Member

Hi Jose
    I started with a MlM trave company . for the benifits that have turned out for me. If this helps I found it surfing the net and found some one doing the business. I love to trave so this was a good match. I get commision on my own travel that I take and so far friends and family are using my site. The MlM is set upi to make money from having persons under you as many are . so far that has not been busy for me . not that I would not like to get that part going but it will come with work when Im ready .
    so far my commision is paying for my trave and some fees not bad.
    well if this helped great if I did not explain some thing let me Know.
    Les
  6. Julsy

Julsy New Member

I chose not to be in a business at all, I chose to get involved with a group of people that are all making good money that is very simple and anyone can do!!!
  7. Seth

Seth New Member

1. Low Entry Cost for as low as $3 and you get $5 back the same day.
    2. It has high potential and composed of diff. multiple streams of income to backend residual.

3. It attracts the masses ( very easy to promote)
    4. No monthly fees or admin fees.
    5. Free Training Resources and Live Weekly Training
    6. Zero Risk Guarantee ( I get free $100 if i don't earn at least $200 in 90Days)
  8. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

I chose the mois system known as "my online income system"

simply because it is a step by step 60 day guide for the complete beginner

it was also affordable and i see it as a stepping stone and a great learning curve for the newbies.
  9. sparklin

sparklin New Member

I joined the company I am with currently because I am passionate about the products it sells. This company is the #1 nutritional company in North America and has been in business for over 52 years. In addition to their nutritional products, I am also selling their environmentally friendly cleaning products which allows me to help the environment in a small way. This company offers training and support and I have learned some very effective online marketing strategies to promote this business and it's products.

Cathy
  10. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Member

There several reasons that I joined the Free Online Cash System. First and foremost, the incentive that made me look at the program again was that it was FREE!!! I guess that would make anyone look twice lol. But starting an online venture with no out of pocket cost was a very big bonus for me.

However, this isn't the reason that caused me to stay with the opportunity. One of the things that made me stick with it was the training that I got in marketing and advertising. This opportunity has shown me many different ways to get qualified leads, for free. This is more than any business I had tried in the past had done for me.

Also, I love the support aspect of the organization. Weekly, we have calls simply to share ideas and teach others about marketing, and get questions answered. There's no competition in the organization, everyone helps everyone else to achieve success. I guess that might be two reasons right there lol.

Furthermore, I love the admins of this program. I am in constant contact with both admins of this program, which helps me out an awful lot because I get input on what happens with the organization as a whole. Also, and this may be a selfish reason, but one of the admin is black. For me, having an admin that looks like me is great. I love to see my people doing something positive, and in internet marketing, you don't see many of us.

Finally, and this ties in to the first reason, I love marketing an opportunity that actually allows people to make money with no-out-of-pocket cost. Most systems out there want you to pay money in order to make money later. The Free Online Cash System is designed to have you begin in profit, only to make even more money residually later down the road. I like that I don't have to coax people to take money out of their pockets in order for me to make money. All I do is spread the word about free money, and help people to get there.

So, those are the reasons that I joined and stay with the Free Online Cash System to this day.
  11. broke no more

broke no more New Member

There are a lot of excellent ideas here! I love seeing what others are doing. There are a lot of things to check out. There is also a lot of great advice. I am always looking for more ways to earn at home. With the way the economy is, my own home business is a blessing. It is because of forums like these that I am able to earn from home. Thanks to all for all your advice and tips!!
  12. Cash Gifting

Cash Gifting New Member

After my corporate job was downsized I actually drove a taxi while I was contemplating my next career move. The cab business was fun at times however there was an ever present cloud of danger and violence. The sheer number of strangers one picks up in the taxi means you will have "customers" who want to do you harm.

I had a gun put to my head during a robbery and I've been attacked with knives and fists by men (and women) 30 years my junior. With a degree from Boston College along with a successful business career behind me I realized that pushing a hack was not the best choice for my talents.

I wasn't anxious to jump back into the corporate rat race so I looked at some work at home opportunities. I know how to market so after choosing a few income streams that appealed to me I had success almost from the get go.

Anyone can do what I did. You just need a computer, great programs, a marketing plan and the discipline to act on that plan daily. I'm pleased with all the success of course but somehow I don't think I'll miss cleaning up some drunk's vomit so my next passenger and day driver will ride in a clean taxi.

Chuck
  13. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

I chose the program that I am currently with for a few reasons.

1. It had a low cost about 45 - 50 dollars

2. I was a total newbie and the program has a lot of education that is involved. It is also a step by step plan which helped me see the big picture.

3. I was also able to find some good reviews of the product that were helpful in the decision making process.

4. It wasn't MLM. I had a MLM business in college and just wasn't my thing.
  14. mr127500

mr127500 New Member

For me, it was the training and support. I actually got into it for the training to promote another business and found out the money you could make could allow me some pretty cool opportunities. I.E. -surfing everyday. haha, good luck out there. Network marketing ahs been very good to me.
  15. annadenise

annadenise Member

Hi. I have been involved in several business' online and was getting ready to stop doing anything that involved network marketing until I found the business I am in. I have been in several, including one I saw mentioned in this thread, GBG, and it was always work replacing distributor's that would drop out. My husband and I even started looking at buying a franchise. I have a good sized income to replace. I just left my job in corporate america to now pursue what I found full time. I primarily assist other's now to grow their business, which in turn helps me.

There are 3 things that got me involved in this 1. Cooperative Marketing Model where no recruiting is required to earn. 2. The company - in business' 10 year's now, debt fre-e company with exceptional products (over 50, so not stuck with just one or two products) 3. The team I am involved with. Possibly No. 3 should be No.1 because I lead a team within a team and without the teamwork of my upline and downline, this would still be an excellent business, but I would not be nearly as effective without the people I work with on a daily basis.

The company is Trivita. In Cooperative Marketing, you only participate after a company has acquired the customer, not before. Your dollars buy you the life-time profit-share rights to those customers and a percentage of all future purchases they make. You can acquire customers from a Cooperative Marketing company and buy the life-time profit-rights to the residual earnings of future purchases by those customers.`Whenever that customer makes a purchase, you're compensated on that sale.

With Cooperative Marketing, the company handles all the operations of airing television, radio, newspaper and magazine advertising. They also do the day to day things that most of us don't want to do, like stocking product, inventory, fulfilling orders, retention, back-end marketing, collection, reselling our customers additional products, and even talking to your customers when they have questions. Trivita follows up 18 times a year with mailings and once a week with health related emails.

These customers want to order the products and are not making a purchase because there's a business opportunity attached to it, which in turn creates a stable and predictable residual income for home-based entrepreneurs like us.

I am very happy and am thrilled to have found my "home". I wish the same for you in whatever you choose to pursue. It's amazing when you finally find the one for you!
  16. rcerrone

rcerrone New Member

I believe in the product.. If I am going to have to purchase the product monthly then I better believe in it..[​IMG] If I don't sign up a single person I am still going to use the product that is key. I tried the juices and did believe in them but they were just way to expensive
  17. gregfleming7

gregfleming7 New Member

I kind of stumbled into mine as well. I was looking for a product and turns out that the product has an incredible comp plan that goes along with it. When I thought about how everyone with a cell phone (which means pretty much everyone) would want this product, it was a no-brainer decision for me. The company just launched in January and while they're still getting the wrinkles out, I think it will be one of the biggest success stories of the year. I only wish I already had a "downline" because it's going to be one of those easy to sell products if you know how to get it in front of people. I'm hoping by being part of this forum I can learn some stuff about MLM that will help me. Everything I've ever tried over the years burned me . . . but this seems like the first thing that's about the "product" . . . we'll see!
    Thanks, Greg

[Link removed - Admin]
  18. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

I chose my business opportunity due to the fact that I don't need to spend as much money to actually get started and promote it. At the same time the product and its benefits included in the program is needed by every consumer. Thus, it makes the program high in demand.
  19. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

I chose my opportunity because they are proactive in their approach to health. Not just pop some pills or drink some juice. You have to get active and stay active. Not to mention they give you FREE customers generated from millions spent on infomercial advertising and it's under 40 bucks to get started.
  20. BigD

BigD New Member

The first thing was that you could join up free to see what the business was all about but the most important thing is that you get to help non profit organisations raise funds.