Why Do Follow Links are Important

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by payment proof, Jan 11, 2012.

1. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Search Engines look at quality Do Follow links when it comes to indexing/ranking, and Do Follow links will help increase your PR (Page Rank) on Google.

Avoid Link Farms though, because they can actually hurt your search engine ranking.

Does this mean No Follow links are worthless?

No. Well placed No Follow Links can still generate immediate traffic. They just aren't helpful in the SEO picture and really don't count as valid backlinks.

2. sasaminic

sasaminic New Member

I agree about all of the written. Avoiding link farms and link wheels is necessary, and do follows are the only links valid for SE spiders. However, in reality, when you submit you site manually, you have no time to checkout if the link is do follow...

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Everyone says that you should build you links up so that you can get lots of free search engine traffic. I think that doing only this is bad because what happens if you do get lots of visitors per day and make good money and one day Google or any other of the search engines SLAP you?

What would you do?

I still believe that paid advertising is the best way to go.

4. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Great info this is so true! But I really wouldn't focus on Do follow or not you should always be building links to your websites. And if you happen to get on the fist page of google then that's a bonus for you!

5. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Paid advertising works, and works well. However, many people just don't have the funds to use paid advertising. Better to get links from do-follow blogs and sites. The thing is to offer value in your posts and responses though so that you get even more targeted traffic to your site. Traffic just for the sake of numbers is useless.

6. PortableIncome

PortableIncome New Member

It is best to have some do follow links and some no follow links to make everything look natural in the eyes of gxxgle.

7. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I think there has to be a methodology in which you build your links.

Link farms are bad because Google sees you only getting dofollow backlinks from low PR sites that have nothing to do with your site in terms of context, google will penalize your site. More so even if you're getting like 10,000 of these a day for a new site.

Backlinking requires strategy. You must make them diverse, you must make them at a constant velocity and you must make them contextual.

Personally I automate everything on Fiverr and I diversify my links the following way:

1. posting articles on private high PR blog networks.
    2. posting on article directories.
    3. social bookmarking
    4. forum and profile links
    5. fb and +1 from different URLs
    6. .edu and .gov links
    7. submitting press releases.
    8. submitting videos to video directories

This diversity will make sense to Google and will make your site look like it's rising in popularity naturally.

8. yasser

yasser New Member

dofollow links pass link juice to your site and increase your pr. However, we cannot say that nofollow are useless because they make you linking process looks natural.

9. shuvo

shuvo Member

Well I would love to keep some variation in all sorts of link building.I also love nofollow links besides do follow.It will help you to keep you links natural in Google's eye and eventually you will win getting the top place of first page.

10. jamess

jamess Member

No follow links are also important for website this gives you a traffic and brand value..

11. dotnettraining

dotnettraining New Member

simple and informative , thanks for good explanations

12. NickHenry

NickHenry New Member

I have a lot of no follow links and my ranking is better.They are great, no matter what other people say.

13. Sanjay Sharma

Sanjay Sharma New Member

Do Follow Link can be obtained from sites which allows Do follow Link Building. Always search for do follow sites as they are able to pass their reference & hence following link juice. These are important links to get back-links for your targeted keywords & they plays a major role in improving keywords ranking.

14. Expert

Expert New Member

Backlinks are very important part of seo but you know that 80% of your created backlinks are not indexed by google so you have to index them manually.
    So do not only focus on creating backlinks instead also index backlinks.

15. Akash Agarwal

Akash Agarwal New Member

Do follow Back links is the most powerful way to influence search engines to redirect a lot of traffic to your site. Search engine crawlers crawl the whole content on your webpage including images, links, keywords etc.