Why do people stil think Internet Marketing is a get rich over night business ?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by discrat, Aug 22, 2013.

1. discrat

discrat Member

I guess a lot of the blame can be pointed towards actual Internet Marketers who try to suck newbies into buying ther $97 product and touting how their product with 15 minutes of work a day will make them millions of dollars !

Well, to newbies or any out there who may be a little 'green' to this industry of Internet Marketing nothing could be further from the truth.

Making riches in a day, month or even a year will more than likely not happen to 95% of the people who jump into this game.

I know I had a guy Ive been working with and he is trying to rewire his brain to the realization that making a business on the web is no different than starting a business on the streets. He thought it would come much sooner and faster. I flat out told him it just was not going to be like that.

So to any newbies out there, whether it be blogging, affiliate programs, PPC, Website flipping, product creation etc...etc.. it is going to take work and time to see some rewards !

Just stick with it and do not give up.

And by all means please do not go from one money making program to another. That has been the death of many people who hastily want to succeed in IM ! :(
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Some people still believe Internet Marketing is a get rich quick business. I think a greater amount believe every way to make money online is a scam because of the get rich over night sites that hype this.

Internet Marketing takes time, and like anything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it. Put in the work though, and you can get some nice rewards. :)
  3. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

I totally agree, there are so many people out there that expect to get rich over night, and when that doesn't happen they instantly think scam! If you put no effort in and no investment and expect instant results, that's a fail straight up! So many people struggle with this concept. To be successful online will only work for people who are passionate to succeed, which means putting all their time, effort and usually some investment into making it possible!
    payment proof likes this.
  4. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Member

Its this push-button world we live it that makes people want push button income. I believe this is why so many scams continue to exist. As long as there are people who believe the riches come overnight, there will be scammers using that very line to lure them in.

But at the same time, looking at this from a business owners standpoint, do you even want someone on your team that believe this to be true? I actually find this aspect to be a good thing to discover early on when talking to candidates in this business. This lets me know the type of person they are and if they actually plan to dig down and work, or will I be spending insane amounts of time trying to help them get started. If I can find this out sooner rather than later, then I can move on to other more qualified candidates.
  5. discrat

discrat Member

Thanks for the responses.

drkn, I agree with that notion. There are a lot of people who want it fast ,and I too would rather know upfront about 'quick dream seekers' before I invest the time to help them. Just not worth it.
  6. This is true... many people believe you can get rich quickly on the internet. However, many of these people find out rather quickly that it takes hard work. There is money to be made on the internet but it takes hard work. :)
  7. Art

Art New Member

Well, it is true that many people want to 'get rich quick' online but maybe the reason why is that the minute they type in 'make money online' in google they are instantly bombarded with Get Rich Quick schemes and scams that are promising instant cash! To learn how to do it the right way you need to do your research but most people simply don't proceed to Step 2 and get caught up... Anyway, I think it is partly fault of people making these false promises...
  8. discrat

discrat Member

Deborah, I have always agreed with your point.

But on the other hand if a guy has made millions overnight and been doing it for awhile he might get a kick out of just sharing it with others after his windfall.

I would be more inclined to just share it with people (first family and friends then then others) who are struggling.
    Whats $47 more dollars if you have already have millions and millions ? Right :)
  9. discrat

discrat Member

Art this raises an excellent point and a point many of us in IM get so frustrated with. I know I have typed in 'Make money online' and many times on the first page (of this highly sought after KY phrase to get ranked for) you will see really crappy and spam filled sites.

Not necessarily right now. But in the pass I see really shameful Sites on that first page for 'Make money online'.

And then Google does all these algo updates and talks about penalizing crappy,bad content sites , but we still see a lot of this garbage on Page 1.

What can you do ?

Robert
  10. Art

Art New Member

Robert, it is all true but I when I said "'make money online' in google" I meant doing any type of research (google, bing, yahoo, youtube, blogs, forums - the last ones not so much :)) online and the results that you get. Unfortunately if you don't know where to look the chances are 8/10 times you'll come across a scam...
    It is OUR job to change it collectively!
  11. KB24

KB24 Member

People want something without having to work for it. As soon as there is resistance people quit too easily.
  12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Probably the same reason people still by lottery tickets. ;) There's always that hope that they will somehow be the lucky one.

Really, it's as so many of you have already said. There are far too many people saying that you CAN get rich quick that people suspend their common sense and believe them. When I started online more than 6 years ago it was the same then. An awful lot of hype and ridiculous claims. I nearly gave up in despair of finding something genuine.

When I finally found a program that declared that you could make money online if you put in a lot of time and effort up front, it was like a wonderful breath of fresh air and it really rang true. I committed myself to the task of giving it a decent amount of time (1 year) and effort to see if the dream of making money online could become a reality.

So glad I did. ;) I wish more people could find the real McCoy first before falling for all the disillusioning hype.

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. Art

Art New Member

Unfortunately the majority of people would like to change their money situation but they don't want to put the work into achieving their goals... They just hope that 'one day' I'll get lucky (maybe with a lottery win...). The truth is that successful people don't even buy lottery tickets! They simply put their focus and effort on growing their business and take their future in their own hands...