Why does it seem so hard to get started?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by UniqueB, Mar 23, 2013.

1. UniqueB

UniqueB New Member

I've tried so many different "companies" and methods of trying to make money online. Every time it seems like it never gets me anywhere. How many people have had REAL success ? and how long did it take for you to actually get the money rolling in?
    Andre2584 and Thokozani like this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

It took me several attempts when I first started and a couple months of work before I really started seeing the money. Many of us have had to try several different things to find something that works. I found my niche in free money making sites almost 7 years ago and it's been my niche every since.

Don't give up and keep trying. :)
  3. UniqueB

UniqueB New Member

Thank You. I shall not give up.
    payment proof likes this.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Know that real success in home business exist. I've made steady money since 2008 with online marketing and traditional marketing but it did take a some learning to figure out how to choose a good home business and subsequently explode my income to more than what most make with a full time job.

One would think such a thing, as chosen a good home business, would be so simple but it's not. With the internet, a web hosting account, wordpress, and a program script people start business, particularly the network marketing type, without understanding what it really takes. Subsequently, we who enjoy and understand the power of an mlm - network marketing business join these "fantasy" opportunities looking for real success.

Not only does one need the mindset and marketing prowess to achieve success they need the "right" business. When I finally figured that out, things began to improve for me in my home business network marketing career quickly. Fortunately by the time I figured out how to choose a good home business I had was pretty solid in the mindset and marketing area.

Here's a video that may help people in choosing a good home business, it is something I wish I'd understood a lot sooner than I did:

<Snip>

In closing just know that you can do it, because others have and most you will find are no one special other than they figured out how to succeed versus how to quit and blame the company, industry, or individuals

[Post edited. Video removed - Admin]
    UniqueB likes this.
  5. Took me only a few months to see the money rolling in.

Focus, do what you're supposed to do, surround yourself with good people and work towards your goals :)
    STONE1985 likes this.
  6. David_Ogden

David_Ogden New Member

I believe the first step is to find something that interests you and not have too high expectations. It is very helpful if there there is a simple formulae to follow that will build success. Do not get carried away with some of the huge figures you see bandied around average earnings arequite low.

You need to have a plan and stick with for six months to a year, stay focussed and do not consider any other opportunties that may pass your way. Threat the business as a business not a hobby. If you can find someone who is prepared to mentor you or work with a group of like minded people you will improve your chances of success.
    Diana MEYER likes this.
  7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

You're welcome. :) I know it can be tough to get started. And you may need to try several different things like I did. But ultimately I found a profitable niche and you will too. :)
  8. KB24

KB24 Member

This is the problem.. come up with a plan and stick to ONE method and take action until you see results. There are many programs out there trying to sell you the next best thing. The problem is most of these people selling you these programs never have used it to make any money online. There are legit products out there you just need to dome some solid research.
  9. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I think that is what people call the "Shiny Object Syndrome" going from one biz op to the next one. Each one sounds better than the last. I was guilty of this a few years ago. You can do more than one thing but when you first start something you have to really focus on it until it starts working and then you can add another program, etc. if that is what you are wanting.

It just depends on what you are trying to do to get the money rolling in. With Trivita I was able to start making money right away because we have the ability to purchase customers and receive the lifetime commission rights to these customers so that gets the ball rolling and helps to build your business.
    kimboathome likes this.
  10. John Passafiume

John Passafiume New Member

It does take a while to start seeing the success of your hard work at times, but don't give up. I also had a Mentor in the online business that I'm in, and he helped me to see the light, and then the profits started rolling in. I to almost gave up on this, but I stuck through those struggling months, and it paid off. Keep researching all that you can on whatever online marketing you are doing, and own it. Good luck, and God Bless!!!
  11. Ria

Ria New Member

Giving up is not an option to become successful. We just need to know what company we are going to trust.
  12. workfromhome_au

workfromhome_au New Member

They say that success is a journey, not a destination. In the case of business of any kind, that's entirely true! While there are companies out there with systems that permit for instant success, knowledge of how to handle and manage success is something that eludes a surprising number of people.

To achieve true, sustainable success, you have to train and learn continuously. Lead yourself, motivate yourself, and success will follow.

That's what we teach and train people to do in our business.
  13. I have been working online since 2007 and have had great success, but also a lot of pain.

Things change constantly and google never gives up trying to get rid of the little people. You have to work extremely hard, like any offline business and never give up.

There is money to be made online. The biggest thing to remember is 'never put all your eggs in one basket'.

Barb
  14. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You just need to find a good company and stick with it no matter what. You will face many setbacks along the way and you will have times, many of them, that you will want to quit and throw everything overboard.

The one thing that you need to do is to stick with your current company and don't let it go until you earn a curtain amount each month. Another thing that you need to master is advertising and learning how to get people to see your offer and signup.
  15. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Getting started is the hardest part. Inertia means it takes more energy to get the ball rolling than it does to keep the ball rolling. It sounds as though you move on after a short time meaning you never realize the fruits of your labors. Results trickle in at first, but a consistency of effort means after a while (a year?), you will see more results than effort.

You also might be doing yourself a disservice with recruiting from your contacts. They see you jumping from op to op, they are less likely to want to join you because they know you'll be onto something different soon anyway.
  16. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I empathize with what you're going through. Building success in anything takes a lot of time and hard work. Just be patient, and don't give up!

Hang in there, and I'm sure it'll all work out.
    Andre2584 likes this.
  17. I can not say enough about mentors. Seek them out first. Take rich people to launch. Go find very successful people and just become friends with them. Surround yourself with the successful people.

Dump the people in your life that are self proclaimed victims, set around all day doing nothing, have drinking problems, smoke dope, etc. Run from them.

By now you’ve heard the cliches:

“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn

“Your income will be the average of your 10 closest friends.”

Visit a prison and ask any inmate what kind of friends they had prior to their conviction.

This information shouldn’t come as a surprise. The Bible warns us about hanging around the wrong kind of people. “Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered,or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared.” Proverbs 22:24-25 (NIV)

It’s true that we become like the people we spend time with.

The expectation is that we have to wait until we are one of them to spend time around them. And that is just not true. Let’s look at some possibilities:
    • Attend book signings
    • Watch for business breakfasts. No charge to attend.
    • Lunch and Learn events.
    • Join your local Chamber of Commerce
    • Become a member of your local Rotary Club
    • Attend concerts –
    • Spend time at the Country Club – It usually cost nothing to join if all you do is go there for dinners or the bar.
    • Listen to EntrepreneurOnFire with John Dumas.
    • Listen to EventualMillionaire with Jaime. She interviews nothing but millionaires and you can hear how they think and what they do.
    You can do everything I just listed here – long before you are a millionaire. The common mistake in thinking is that we “have” and then we “become.” If that were true, lottery winners would be grateful, respectful and continue in success. Rather, we observe that most of them are angry and broke within 3 years.

One of the hallmark characteristics of highly successful people is that they spend time with those who are already performing at the level at which they want to perform.

We have to “be” before we “have.” And you can “be” the person you want to be – today.

What it is not, is the 'opportunity' presented to you from someone who is not successful. What it is, is knowing what to look for and the knowledge to make it work.

And that comes from mentors and experience.

Thomas Prendergast
    CEO
    Veretekk.com, Inc.
    STONE1985 and NetMecca like this.
  18. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Wow, Tom. That's the best post I've read in a while. It's all so true. A while back I read "How to Get Rich" by Felix Dennis. It was eye opening and a funny read as well, and made many of those same points.
    Tom_Prendergast likes this.
  19. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Well said, Tom. In order to be successful, you have to think successful.
    Andre2584 likes this.
  20. Another great book, "The Millionaire Next Door". I have been a millionaire 3 times. I have lost my fortunes 3 times. I am building my fortune again. It is a lot easier this time around.

Why the losses? 1st time, I was stupid and spent the money on FUN. Second time a massive 'unfair competition" business lawsuit (I was the plaintiff) and the attorneys wound up with most of it. The last time? DIVORCE.

Half the fun is getting there anyway!

Thomas Prendergast
    CEO
    Veretekk.com, Inc.
    JTGMarketing and (deleted user) like this.