Why does it seem so hard to get started?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by UniqueB, Mar 23, 2013.

1. RobStuart

RobStuart New Member

A committed upline/mentor is extremely important to anyone's success. I remember getting all kinds of hype and motivation from my enroller at first, but that was only until he didn't get the explosive results he was hoping for. I had a slow but steady start, and he basically withdrew his support from our team in order to focus on himself and other legs in his organization. It became increasingly challenging to promote an opportunity to others when the upline support I was promising became a consistent no-show. Instead, I had to reinvent my approach and become my own upline mentor in order to motivate my downline to ensure our overall success as a team.

Do your research and choose your venture wisely. Commit yourself to success, and don't give up!
  2. BuddyPilgrim

BuddyPilgrim New Member

Hi, BuddyPilgrim here after a several year absence,
    First of all, stop thinking about "making money online" and start thinking about developing a real business. I got into internet marketing from direct response mail. Those principles simply do not change. You find (or create) a starving crowd and you start them into the marketing funnel. You give real solutions to real problems and you treat them better they they expect.
  3. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I think many associate getting started with something they need to do externally. Getting started is really an internal process. It starts with commitment. It continues with belief. Right now you believe that it is hard to get started. Perhaps start there with that belief, for really it isn't hard, that may just be a lie you tell yourself. It's simply just not true.

I floundered around for two years, making a few dollars here and there. It wasn't until I changed my internal dialogue and beliefs that I began to see results. I do affiliate marketing, so there is no company really. I have now even created my own products. I earn a full time very comfortable living, but it didn't happen until I made the internal changes, no external.
    Just2EZ likes this.
  4. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

This is the way to do it. In fact if you have not succeeded yet, you probably have not tried everything you can yet.

Cheers and good luck
  5. I am putting together a group of mentors and supporters as philanthropists to help raise awareness and money for physically and sexually abused children. (Via childhelp.org) Many of the members are wealthy, successful business people and celebrities. It could be a great opportunity to meet some fine people. Let me know if your interested.
  6. FarookHamid

FarookHamid New Member

Hello there Tom where can I find out more details on your project to help children?
  7. Farook contact me privately and I will send you the information.
  8. BuyYourOwnHouse

BuyYourOwnHouse New Member

You either have not found a product you believe in, and therefore it is hindering you from bringing it to the attention of others; or you are jumping from one company to another so quickly that you aren't giving your business the time it needs to be successful.

You need to give any new business at least two years to see success. Most fail in the first year, and network marketing is no exception. Commit to a certain number of hours per week to work your business, do so, and you will show through your efforts to others that you are serious (and not just moving from one thing to the next), and your business will flourish accordingly. Also, get used to hearing no. Every no brings you one step closer to a yes! Good luck!
  9. whitney black

whitney black Member

I'm having great success with "pay per lead" I failed at almost everything until I tried this. It's basically where you get paid for everytime you send a "lead' to a website, where all they do is fill out name, email etc. and request FREE info. and you get paid for that. Join shareasale.com and join some pay per lead programs, one of the ones I joined pays $150.00 for every LEAD i send to them. you read that right!
  10. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

Working from home is all about your freedom. Take your time in choosing the system you can do. There are so many some good others horrible. It takes effort but with the ways we can communicate now we really have an advantage.
    Andre2584 likes this.
  11. BeautyMomAlice

BeautyMomAlice New Member

There is lots of great advice here. I am more of a reader then a person who posts a lot. I too have done several things and done fairly well but then it seems I just stop and then move on to something else. I do need to stick with one thing long term. What I do now I enjoy and my mom did it when I was a kid so I think this time I will go for the gold so to speak and not give up or quit like I normally do when things seem to get stuck in a rut.

There seem to be some great people here with wise words. I am really looking forward to learning a lot from everyone.
  12. Andre2584

Andre2584 New Member

a lot of people have had real success. i'm headed to success myself. I'm lucky i have a really great team
  13. Aron Prins

Aron Prins New Member

Hey UniqueB!

Yes there are people who have REAL success: The people that sell REAL PRODUCTS.
    Stuff like Empower Network is the good old pyramid scheme, forcing you to talk your friends into the same program you've just joined. They will show you how to with their thousand dollar training guides that will most likely make you lose friends instead of making friends.

The best advice I have: offer real material, post ( or blog whatever you call it ;) ) about YOUR expierences with people, products and businesses and don't just join the hype.

Remember: Empower Network has thousands of users trying to get people to join... Do you want to be the next to try, or do you want to build a solid company from the start and stop wasting your time?

It's up to you ;)
    Cheers,
    Aron Prins
  14. newbie2pro

newbie2pro New Member

You'll find that most people get real success after a number of months not having a clue what they are doing and getting ripped off a number of times by useless products. It is also very difficult if you are trying to make money without a tiny budget to invest. The fastest way to your success would be get coaching from those guru's out there that we all know to be honest and trustworthy. It will probably be the best investment that you can do for your business.
  15. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

In any program it takes time to learn it and make it payoff. But there are systems that can start to produce quicker than others and not cost you a whole lot of money if any.
  16. fernandezR

fernandezR New Member

Since I was broke when I started out, I had no chance of joining any of the pyramid schemes. I tried everything, online surveys, ptc sites, etc. and they still get nowhere. And then it hit me, how about looking for jobs online? And that's where it all began.
  17. Rafiqul Islam

Rafiqul Islam New Member

It is so difficult. I have been trying for one year but I couldn't get any site where is easy system. How will I get a great site to earn money, I don't know but I am trying.
  18. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

Unless you are lucky enough to find the one, I believe a drip method will pay off. I have one bucket (my wallet) I need it full no matter how. Many small drips will do just as well as one larger stream. Try many things until your bucket starts getting full Remember also that there is some wisdom in using the same resources(possible customers) for different products and services. Well just my two cents so to speak... Cheers!!
  19. Rafiqul Islam

Rafiqul Islam New Member

It's not an easy task so difficult. I am looking for some easy work to earn money.
  20. Lori Harp

Lori Harp New Member

I personally know a guy who literally went from a crack house to a dream house. Success leaves clues.
    Do NOT give up!
    I also agree with what one member said about "Shiny Object Syndrome." I think people bounce from one to the next. I was one of those people as well in the past. Find your niche and stick with it.
    BEST OF LUCK!!!
    payment proof likes this.