Why does it seem so hard to get started?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by UniqueB, Mar 23, 2013.

1. kimboathome

kimboathome New Member

Fact is, you take one of the leaders from one network marketing company and transferred them to another and......they would still be leaders and top producers! Yes, the company and products you promote do make a difference, and you have to be promoting something you believe in and love.

But after that, it's up to you to learn the skills and have the motivation and discipline to promote your business effectively. This is why leaders are leaders in whatever company or niche they chose to operate in.

So in my opinion, having a great mentor is more important than choosing company A over company B.
  2. discrat

discrat Member

You really need to stick with one thing that fits your style and stick with it for awhile. Making money online is not easy to do for a consistent period of time.

Some people choose website flipping, PPC, Blogging, FreeLance writing,Web Design and other things that can make money.

The number one thing I see over the last few years to why people do not make money online is the fact that they move from one opportunity to the next.

It aint going to happen over night so be patient.

Robert Marsh
  3. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

Hi UniqueB,

I was in the same position as you, trying to find the right online opportunity that suited me. I had many failures also until I found the right one. Once I had found my niche, it only took me a couple of months to get set-up and see the results I was after. But those couple of months I worked really hard, day and night!
    I once wrote an article on "The 2 Secret Ingredients to Online Success" and those 2 things were 'knowledge' and 'support'. I found it very hard trying to do something I had no knowledge about. There are many things that are essential to know in terms of internet marketing strategies so it is easier if you have a little background info about this. But in saying that, that is where I found the support a massive factor for me. Having the support from someone who has done it all before was amazing! A social community also really helps like-minded people share stories and advice.
    But it defiantly does take some time to get it all started, your first months are the most important to get everything done right the first time so it all runs smoothly from then on.. I hope I have answered your questions and helped you out! :) Rhianna.
    payment proof likes this.
  4. ScottCofer

ScottCofer Member

I've built 2 large downlines, both of which were ultimately destroyed by owner greed. Building the third right now ... hopefully the LAST one.

I can tell your from experience that it all "happens" much faster if you focus on getting high quality people involved, preferably with networking experience. Otherwise, you'll spend the majority of your time trying to motivate people and get them to "do something". Recruit UP.

Successful people and experienced network KNOW what needs to be done, and they do it!
    payment proof likes this.
  5. hippy

hippy New Member

Hi,
    I can only recommend that you find a good product as it’s the MARKETING that’s the important word in Internet Marketing. When you can market your chosen product successfully you will have learnt all the skills necessary to market any product you wish.
    You say that you have tried many companies and methods , this may indicate that you are too inclined to give up or your marketing skills need refining.

Hope this helps

Regards Peter
  6. Fabulousmiranda

Fabulousmiranda New Member

Hey UniqueB,

I started working online from home about 5 months ago. At first it was slow, I can't say that it had anything to do with the product I was selling. I really didn't do anything for 2 1/2 months because my husband and I chose learning first. After that time period, we got to work and so far we have generated $10k online and that's in a total of 5 months. I have to add this disclaimer though, our results are not typical and everyone doesn't make that kind of money online, but in the business of what I do, everyone definitely CAN; results are based one everyone's personal work ethic and mindset. One of the most important aspects of being successful is surrounding yourself with successful people....it's the quickest way I know.
  7. hippy

hippy New Member

For a new starter in this business it's often best just to find a good product and start marketing it via forums, answer sites and even offline. But use free marketing techniques.
    This will take a few weeks or even months to show any results. However, once the money starts rolling in then press ahead, join an internet training site, create a blog and landing pages for other products. Perhaps even consider paid advertising. Reinvest all your free profits back into developing your business.

Hope this helps
  8. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

Success starts with a positive attitude. If you have that, you're half way there.
  9. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

It occurs to me that part of the reason it is so hard is that we expect people to come to us. We have the perfect idea after all... right? Wrong. If you want it to work for you you have to go get them, day after day after day....
    Cheers!!!
  10. hippy

hippy New Member

Absolutely ......'build it and they will come' ....... only happens in movies
  11. Anders J

Anders J Member

I would say that first of all that most people have no clear idea of what they want or desperate to make money so the offers and opportunities online makes them rather confused. When they then find something and join they learn that they need to learn how to market in order to get anywhere making money. Instead of following the marketing material or finding it elsewhere that works they either give up or try another the next big thing that promises to hold their hands and even if you are a complete computer dummie the coach in the long video is going to show you how to make money.

I agree that a good coach is worth it. That is what we should all become!

The internet is a jungle and it does take time to put all the pieces together that will make you money. However making money is a by product of providing service and value. Guess what the internet is the same as the off line world to be succesful.

At the same time marketing training gets outdated quickly. What worked a few years ago no longer applies as Google updated their search engine again and adwords do not alow any make money programs or business opportunites to be promoted.

So it is hard and only those who keep searching with a clear goal on what they want to achieve will find the success.

The basics are simple though:

Decide on a theme /target market
    Build your website/blog and capture your leads
    Market your website/blog

Golden rule: always provide value to the target market

It takes years to just realize that! Where and what is the best place to start?
  12. Suzanne Sobers

Suzanne Sobers New Member

"trying so many different companies" may be the source of your problem. Do some research on a company before you get into it.

Ask these questions?

• Are there other people succeeding with it?
    • Is there a real demand in the market for the product or service they offer?
    • Do they have a good marketing system and tools to help you with promoting?
    • Is there training, and support available?
    • Is there a good compensation plan in place..... How much of the money generated from your efforts do you get to keep?
    • Are the leaders "walking the walk" as well as talking the talk?... Are they leading by example and actually doing the things they are telling you to do?
    That being said, once you make a decision on the company or product to promote, then you need to stick with it, in order to see success. Remember the story of the prospector who gave up "three feet from gold" and sold his mine & equipment off to someone who came along and reaped immense riches from the same place.

Be careful not to expect too much from yourself too soon, and allow yourself the time to develop the skills and knowledge you need to give value to your customers and your associates.
  13. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

It took me 6 years to finally make some Money online and the reason is because I was afraid to put money into companies because I thought they were all Scams... But then I finally ran out of options and decided to give it a shot and became successful over time...

What you need to do is you need to invest time into learning what works and what doesn't.
    Do what successful people do and have the right mind-set.
    A lot of people that get into MLM don't really invest in self-development and do the same things over and over again and that's why they don't get anywhere.

Become a Professional in Talking to people and Facebook or YouTube Marketing or even both and you will have success.
    It's much harder then it sounds of course but everyone needs to start somewhere.

Self-Development is the key! And so is a GOOD team and upline to support you
  14. D.R.Wallace

D.R.Wallace New Member

Hi,
    There is a lot of good advice posted here. I think the main point is to find a product that suits you and one that you would purchase yourself, do some research on it, take a bit of time to set up the promotion of it properly before you throw any time and money at advertising, then most importantly stick with it, do not keep changing products, you must be confident. It won't happen over night but it will happen. Keep adding and refining the advertisement to the product and you will succeed. Be patient and keep researching other similar items and how they are marketed. There is so much opportunity on the www, you just have to market your product correctly.

Good luck. DR
  15. JRack

JRack New Member

Honestly it took me about 3 years to get something steady up and rolling, but it has snowballed since then. I recommend you just stick with it and realize that things add up over time. Don't go for the ovenight BIG payday but instead if you can get something consistent and small in time it will be huge.
  16. hippy

hippy New Member

Hi UniqueB,

Here's my number 1 tip....

Always check that your links work (signature) on every page/post/Ad
    No links, No lead.

Mentors are terrific as they can shine a light, but if you need training make sure you get it and have fun.
  17. Bob81

Bob81 New Member

Hi UniqueB,
    you can succeed with many different companies and programs. The most important thing is for you to focus on one solid, legitimate business and work it consistently every day. It took me about 6-7 months to see some good results with my program. It was also the first time I was able to make some serious income!
  18. Haley O.

Haley O. New Member

With my experience true "Business Opportunities" Wont ask you for money up front. Any legit "business" will take a lot of time and effort for it to be a true success. Get quick rich money schemes are unrealistic. (y)
  19. Bika

Bika New Member

It took me a while before I started making money online. Actually it took me about 1 year. The key to making online is actually pretty easy. You have to find what you want to do and basically JUST KEEP GOING! Don't give up! That is the mistake a lot of people do. Once you find out what you want to do, don't stop. Before you know it, you will be making money doing what you enjoy doing.
  20. oxpaulo

oxpaulo New Member

The best advice I can give is NEVER give up. There must be something in your life you are passionate about. Work on your writing and start a blog around that subject. Don't say I'll do it tomorrow, just do it, right now, start working towards it. Picture the life you want. Don't get overwhelmed with SEO and things like that, write and write passionately, and people will notice and you will build a following.