Why does it seem so hard to get started?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by UniqueB, Mar 23, 2013.

1. prempehwilliam

prempehwilliam New Member

I think it depends on the person and the tacticts they use to market. It could also be the training they receive as well. if they have terrible sponsors that don't teach them they fundamentals people usually fail easily. I think before starting any business it's best to do as much research as possible and build a game plan before getting started, most of the time people see a catchy video or hear something that makes their eyes shine and they join without taking into consideration how they were even going to market what they signed up for in the first place. It all has to do with planning, timing, and proper education on marketing.
  2. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio New Member

I have had many of the same experiences and I am still not where I want to be. However, every time I am ready to give up I hear stories about the most successful people who failed multiple times before they "made it". I am learning more that it's all about persistence. If you remain focused and don't give up, you can and most likely will succeed :)
  3. Dani Lewis

Dani Lewis New Member

Yeah, I know it can get tough sometimes, but stay positive and keep pushing and you will make it work!
    payment proof likes this.
  4. Sunganani

Sunganani New Member

I think one of the many reasons is courses which are not complete. That frustrates beginners because, usually, they are on a tight budget and they do not see results early enough. My 2 cents would be to find those who have gone before and have proved what is possible, get the coaching and stick with it until you begin to yield results....that's 4 years of frustration before I started earning some money last year! Don't give up.
  5. GEM

GEM New Member

I have found that you need to have a passion for the product and service you are promoting. Then only time and determination to grow and mature that business. Dedication will produce results. Good luck in your niche and venture.:)
  6. AllofUs

AllofUs New Member

Ive never tryed the online business thing. I couldnt find the right one with the right credentials I was looking for. I mean, if I plan on dedicating my time and money into something, Im sorry but it needs to meet my expectations. When I finally found one, it didnt take me long at all to start making money. I treated it as a second job at the time and that was the results I got. After a making my first check, I quickly realized that doing what I was doing part time I made way more than I did at my regular 9-5. So I quit and have been doing this and only this. Have I had REAL success? Definitely. The freedom Ive had to spend time with my family, move us into our house and not some crummy apartment, and even give my kids an awesome christmas...yes, I would call all of that success.
    CKC, Gela G and payment proof like this.
  7. Gela G

Gela G New Member

It's hard when you are focus of getting quick money BUT if your motivation is to build a long-term business online you will invest more time and effort to make it happen. Remember, Great wall of China is not built in a day and one person. I mean, if you want to get great results, you need to work hard and focus on building it. Then, in the future you'll be reaping the fruits of your labor. :)
    AllofUs likes this.
  8. Jameslopez90

Jameslopez90 New Member

It's a learning curve to be honest. When I started getting involved with the online business industry. I was just as skeptical like everybody else is when they first get in. It also depends on your interest, niche ect. But I could tell you one thing, it is possible to make money with a business. You just have go at it with an open mind. Look, it's not all about sales. The problem with some marketers today is they see everyone as a friggin doller sign. It's not how the game works and I could tell you that from experience. Bottom line, your getting involved in a business because want to change whatever situation you are in, but you have to go at it the right way. With a plan. Maybe you already in a business and you are struggling and seeking help. Who knows but, it all starts on what it is that you want to get in. Business wise.
  9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

What an awesome thread! I DID give up a few years back after trying so hard and slipping deeper and deeper into debt with buying leads, thinking that sooner or later this things has GOT to work. I finally gave up and I am so glad I did, as even tho I had pretty much decided that NM isn't for me, God in his goodness, through a course of events, dropped the perfect business into my lap. Perfect for ME I should say.

I had always thought that if I had a story... or could get on board EARLY on before the market is saturated with it... or if it's something people actually WANTED.. well, I found it for me. It still takes work, but oh my goodness. It's a 180 degree difference when you share something with folks and they actually are interested, vs trying to convince them. In my 18 months of being with this company, I have never once had to convince anyone of anything. I simply tell them what it can do for them and they are almost compelled to go check it out. :)
  10. GenesisB

GenesisB New Member

There a learning curve for sure...We have been programed by the offline world so much and we have only known how to leverage our own efforts. The internet is a systems based entity and its concepts are a bit foreign to our industrilazed mindsets. As long as you stick to your "WHY" it will motivate you to keep going for your dreams
  11. Keith Eastman

Keith Eastman New Member

Remember that its not necessary the program or the opportunity, you need to have training on how to attract people to you. In order to make good money in this kind of business, you need to be able to get the masses to look at your offer, and also build yourself as the authority on the niche that you are trying to promote. What some sponsors with MLM and Work at Home programs dont tell you is that why the program itself maybe easy to use, you have to spend time driving traffic to your program.
    It takes a lot of work but if someone is willing to sacrifce and work hard, knowing that in a year or two they will be able to spend more time doing what matters most to them, they will see the success.
    So many people quit because they dont make money in the first month or two, and I am hear to tell you it takes longer then that unless you want to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars with paid advertising.
  12. Amwarner

Amwarner New Member

Maybe your problem is that you keep on trying "different" companies all the time in the money making endeavor you're trying to get involved in. You can't achieve success and expect to make money by jumping all over the place to different opportunities. That way you'll end up making no money.

I suggest find a company and stick with it. Learn as much as you can about it.

Don't jump from business to business.
  13. Keith Everett

Keith Everett New Member

Find something you like doing and stick with it. There is too much ADD out there. People testing out companies for a week or a few weeks, then quitting if it doesn't work out. you can'e win by quitting. If there are people in the company making money. Real money, model what they do,but you gotta have "stickability" to succeed.
    Just2EZ likes this.