Why Don't You Like MLM?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Matt Zenittini, Sep 11, 2010.

1. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

yahia: Sorry for the interruption, but as far as I remember our bodies do not generate Oxygen from water. We, humans, don't have photosystems II and I that plants use to split H2O into hydrogen and radical Oxygen.

The only source of oxygen for our bodies is our lungs.
    Since our lungs are mainly made of water, there is some apparent benefit to that and the need to keep water in the body for good health. While we aren't able to process water in our body to breath, it does not mean the body is not using oxygen in the body from water to survive and thrive.

See http://oxygenmiracles.com/d.cgi/johngcorbett/best_way.htm, and www.oxygenhealth.com

And to understand how much the body is made up of water here are some known facts:

"Water is of major importance to all living things; in some organisms, up to 90% of their body weight comes from water. Up to 60% of the human body is water, the brain is composed of 70% water, and the lungs are nearly 90% water. Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water by weight, as is the brain; body fat contains 10% water and bone has 22% water. About 83% of our blood is water, which helps digest our food, transport waste, and control body temperature. Each day humans must replace 2.4 litres of water, some through drinking and the rest taken by the body from the foods eaten." -http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/propertyyou.html

So drink a lot more water, understand the importance of real salt, not sodium for your body, as noted here: http://www.watercure2.org/critical_salt_info.htm

And be healthy, along with creating additional income and wealth while working from home, in a wonderful mlm[​IMG]
  2. izaaq

izaaq New Member

yahia: - Because of the unrealistic representation of all of the MLMs I've dealt with.
    - Because most of the companies don't try to develop their systems/products to keep up with the market needs/competition
    - Because of the overpriced products in spite of the companies efforts to hypnotize the members into believing they are not
    - Because of forcing the members to buy more than what they need regardless of their usual consumption rate
    - Because of the stupid, unethical practices of some reps who soiled the name of the whole industry
    - Because of the numerous scams, pyramids, and ponzy schemes disguised as MLMs, again soiling the whole industry's reputation
    - Because of the MLM companies practices in terms of forcing unwanted products to qualify for whatever
    lol, Yeah that pretty much sums up my feelings about MLM! However after having a hatred for MLM for so long I am now promoting one! Say WHAT?? Life has a sense of humor indeed. [​IMG]
  3. Most people are scared of cold calling lead and this is the first picture that comes to their mind or chasing their friends and family members. But they don't understand this industry revolves around leadership and people join people not companies and there is a way to achieve without being needy or clingy as network marketer reputation is believed to be and other they think of something as pyramid scheme which they think is not going to work for them
  4. johnliew101

johnliew101 New Member

I do agree that MLM is a low cost investment and allows every
    average people like me who don't have huge capital but wish
    to getting wealthy get involved in a business

MLM tends to give a wrong thinking for most people, I mean
    SCAM and lots of people afraid of hearing "MLM" and reject first
    before you are given a chance to talk!

One thing I don't like when running my MLM business is try to
    call everyone to come out and listen to me regarding the MLM Opp.
    It seems like I am requesting them to join and the result of this
    method is very bad.

Even they join and they will stay & sleep! No action, no moving!

Why should I do all these unhappy job just because I want
    to earn more money?

But, now I am happy to do my MLM business because people
    are looking for me now if they want to learn more how to
    get success and make money with MLM

This approach giving me a good conversion and downlines are
    doing their own job!

Thanks for internet marketing & automated business model!

John
  5. It is a beautiful industry which gives you the opportunity to earn huge residual income. And why most of the people don't like it because they think that they have to run after somebody to get them join their opportunity.
  6. chris

chris New Member

I agree Yadvinder, most people shy away from anything that puts them out of their comfort zone. It doesn't help that many an upline didn't properly teach new guys a duplicatable strategy for their success. The "chasing down family/friends" method has it's advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are you know them, they are already on your list. The bad part is, they know you. What I mean is that it can be hard to establish credibility with someone you see every day. That's where the team comes in though, depending on how you approach them. That's why the hard sell method is a big no-no in my book. If they're not looking, leave them alone and move on to someone who is.
  7. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I don' have to bother my family and friends. I also
    don't have to hard sell.

I am able to purchase customers from my
    company and the company does all of the
    back end marketing and I get paid the commission.

I also follow up with the customers myself to develop
    a relationship which helps with repeat orders. But the
    main thing is the product is excellent and works and that
    is a big reason for the reorders.

It all depends on what you are willing to do to ensure
    success in your MLM.
  8. chris

chris New Member

Westfam11

I've heard your business opp now has a system for buying lists of people who have looked into the business, is that true? That would make listbuilding much easier, for sure. The prequalifying aspect being done is definately good.
  9. westfam11

westfam11 Member

No, Trivita doesn't have a system like that. Are you thinking of another company? We are able to purchase the customers. We are more customer based than distributor based. We are looking for people that have pain and inflammation and then try to help them with our product.

On the infomercial that the customers come from they do talk a little about the business opportunity though so they could be a little bit warm to that.

Hope that helps.
  10. weebitty

weebitty Member

What I don't like about MLM is the reputation that it has gotten over the years. The scam artist are working to ruin everyone's reputation it would seem. So those of us who are honest have an uphill battle to prove we are not the scam artists that are out there. [​IMG] That is why trust is so important. Ok so lets carry this a little further with this same topic.

How do you figure out who you can trust? Does anyone have a surefire way to do this? Besides the usual if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. How do you figure out if that person will be there to help you when needed?
  11. chris

chris New Member

Well, for tangible, quantifiable proof that a business opportunity is legit-do research.
    Look at the businesses that are partnered with said opportunity. Lawers for the partnering companies aren't likely to sign off on a deal with an illegal pyramid.
    Are the reps secretive about what their product/service is? Do they act like this mundane facet is a trade secret? If they refuse to reveal such info until you get started-Id stay away.
    Does a person gets paid for recruiting, or actual business volume(sales)? If an opportunity has no focus on a product/service, and only on recruiting-Again, I'd stay away.
  12. westfam11

westfam11 Member

weebitty: How do you figure out who you can trust? Does anyone have a surefire way to do this? Besides the usual if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. How do you figure out if that person will be there to help you when needed?

Are you talking about a sponsor you can trust? This can only be done by actually talking to them. I think you can tell when you talk to them if you have a rapport with them. The thing is you really need to also decide that if you are going to do MLM that you really have to depend on yourself to do the work. Sponsors are there to help and guide but it is ultimately up to you to do the work.

I think too much emphasis is put on the up-line or sponsor. I certainly am willing to help anyone who needs my help and I answer all e-mails and phone calls promptly. But I still feel the person has to have a strong "why" and willingness to put in the work in order to be a success.
  13. weebitty

weebitty Member

westfam, I totally agree with you that ultimately it is up to the individual to run their business. How many people have signed up to do a business and all they get is read the sales book with no real help from their upline. Everyone has a learning curve. some people don't I agree. You sound like you do what you are suppose to do as upline however some don't as we all know. It depends on your experiences. Some may need more help than others. But your last statement is key. You can't give them the WHY they have to come in knowing that one. Or the desire to succeed or some kind of motivation. [​IMG]
  14. TChurch

TChurch New Member

Matt Zenittini
    For myself, I really just did not like being that person that was always trying to sell someone on something in person. Online marketing is different but when your in MLM its most often direct in your face sales, and your friends and family are always the first target.

Just did not feel good doing it. Seemed to be more about getting people in your down line, rather that helping people.
  15. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

TChurch: Just did not feel good doing it. Seemed to be more about getting people in your down line, rather that helping people.
    I can relate to what you are saying from my first MLM. I think people feel that way because of the way their upline pushes them to go after friends and family or push them to cold contact people.

It really is primarily mindset, and your upline can help you to accomplish the same end results by helping your mindset.

People need to take the mindset that what they have to offer may change someone's life and the only way it will happen is THEM. Weather it be wealth.. or health. If you are not in the business to help people it will be extremely hard to experience true success.

When I talk to someone it's for them.. Not for me.

I hope that if you ever get back into MLM you can experience how good that mindset feels =].

Matt
  16. yahia

yahia Member

FreeCashMan: Since our lungs are mainly made of water, there is some apparent benefit to that and the need to keep water in the body for good health. While we aren't able to process water in our body to breath, it does not mean the body is not using oxygen in the body from water to survive and thrive.
    Don't get me wrong, water is very important for a living cell to stay alive, I am only talking about the oxygen part. We don't process water, we use it as it is. Plants do the processing for us and we take the oxygen ready to use.

Water is the medium for most of the chemical reactions that take place in our cells. Without water as a chemical there is no respiration (on the cellular level), no metabolism, no secretion, no digestions ... nothing.

Only certain organisms at certain stages in their lives can survive at 5% body water content, and they usually don't look that much alive until they find enough water to carry on to the next developmental stage (like seeds and spores).

So yes, water is vital, but we don't use it to make oxygen. Our lungs get the oxygen from the air, not from splitting water molecules.

Thanks for the valuable information you mentioned there. Let's all drink a lot of water [​IMG].