Why I hate Mr. Bean

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Vishal P. Rao, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Recently we had a harrowing experience. Our son put thermocol balls in his nostrils. Even though we tried everything (even vacuum cleaner, though my son didn't allow hearing the sound [​IMG] ), one piece in each nostril went up higher and could not be removed. Finally we had to go to hospital where it was removed under anesthesia.

When we countered him on why he did it, he told that Mr. Bean also put them in his nostrils. Though I couldn't recall in which episode he put it, my wife reminded me that he put popcorns in one of the episodes. I used to absolutely hate this guy earlier (simply because my son tries to imitate him and no sane parent would want that) but now the very mention of him makes me boil.

I still don't understand, why even 2 yr olds, who don't watch much television, seem to adore him and watch his serials!
  2. Shawri777

Shawri777 New Member

I am happy to know your son is okay,Vishal!
  3. Vishal P. Rao

Oh yes! I thought after the episode he won't touch thermocol again in his life but I was mistaken. Recently he got a sound thrashing from me for playing again with them [​IMG]
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hey Vishal,

Those "what my son just did" stories are the best [​IMG] I love the one about the plasma TV! The titles are also very compelling.

Keep 'em coming. Glad your son is surviving his adventures.

Newbie Shield
  5. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

Boys will be Boys,

I have 2 brothers and one day our mother found us playing in the garage.

"Hey, why does it smell like lighter fluid in here" she said.

Then she said "Hey, why are there burnt matches everywhere"

Well we go bored flicking lit matches at each other so we squirted Bar-B-Que starter fluid on each other then flicked matches.

Now that was an exciting game !!!
  6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hee, when I was a kid I was facinated with fire and fireworks. Long story short = I set the local woods on fire three times during my youth.

Once a bon fire spread to the trees.

Another time, I created a little fire bomb out of a glass coke bottle, gasoline, vaseline, and a rag. I lit the gas-soaked rag and as I was running away, I felt the heat on my back. My friend's eyeballs dropped to the ground and he ran all the way home.

The third time, I used a magnifying glass on a pile of leaves and branches. It caught to the woods again.

The fire department came all three times and put the fire out way before it got too big.

I have no idea how I never got busted from any of the pyro incidents. I wonder if some of the fires in California were started by kids fooling around?

Kids are accidents waiting to happen, lol. I was the epitome of disaster!

Newbie Shield
  7. lubna

lubna New Member

Hello
    dear dear friend why you dislike Mr. bean i like him do you know friend humour is the main food of mind nobody can live without fun. humour makes life accurate me and my family love fun jock daimond gold etc.
    _________
    Jesica[​IMG]

[Link removed - Admin]
  8. Vishal P. Rao

Hi Jesica,

I'm not against humor. Humor is the essence of life. But real humor is that which arises from within and harmless. It shouldn't be dependent on anybody or hurt anybody, which is unlike anything I see in his serials. I simply wouldn't want my kids to imitate him.
  9. aleker

aleker New Member

Yeah but all of life's humor that you laugh about later, at one point there was some danger associated with it. In my experience the most dangerous situations are the most memorable and have the most to laugh about.
  10. samda

samda Member

Oh Vishal

I am happy that your son is back to normal. I love watching Mr. Bean's episodes for his innocent jokes. But your son, poor guy just 2 years old na, just imitated it.

I dont have this problem as i am Single yet........[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  11. johntanyishin

johntanyishin New Member

Maybe we should put a rating on some of the Mr Bean's episode. "Parental Guidance".

JTYS
  12. marperrr

marperrr New Member

c'mon bro! Mr Bean rocks [​IMG]
  13. ArmenianMama

ArmenianMama New Member

My daughter stuck onion chunks in her nostrils when she was 2. I tried pluckers, but got too scared when my daughter started crying because it was burning... i tried picking them out, but the more I tried, the further up those little chunks went. Finally, out of desparation - I ran to the spices cabinet and poured some pepper in my hand and shoved it right under her nose. Voila! She sneezed them out right across the kitchen - and I almost broke my arm patting myself on the back for the genius idea. Hehehehe...
  14. Vishal P. Rao

Great idea [​IMG] Most of the problems in life that seem to be insurmountable often have the easiest solutions! We only need to stay calm and relaxed.
  15. molyda

molyda New Member

As we grow older, our sense of humour matures as well.

At 2 yrs-old, the very simple thing can make us laugh! A kid can not differentiate between "smart and intelligent" funny vs "stupid" funny!

Then we grow up. We are more alert. Stupid stuff make some people laugh. Stupid stuff make other people go: "Argh... this is so stupid!"

[​IMG]
  16. Vishal P. Rao

molyda: As we grow older, our sense of humour matures as well.

Or shall I say it fades away?

Really, the more serious and detail oriented we become, the more we lose fun out of life. One of the secrets of happiest people is that they don't take life seriously.
  17. vmohan123

vmohan123 New Member

I know I did all sorts of stupid things in my childhood. I remember I once stuck a staple into an electrical outlet just because it looked like it fit. Live and learn, I guess. Thank goodness we had adults to set us straight.
  18. daniel

daniel New Member

I don't like him either...I feel so stupid of what he's doing..maybe his episodes should be under strict Parental Guidance...[​IMG]
  19. hello28

hello28 New Member

I agree with you Daniel. The rating should be higher than PG. Having said that my children also like it; cartoon and the real one.

Till then, we really need to guide our children as the PG rating suggest.
  20. bunny06

bunny06 New Member

That's the main reason watching television or any media should have parental guidance.

[​IMG]