Why I never used the Coastal Synergy Group System

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by jnapier, Jul 13, 2007.

1. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: JudySo if I did 100 sales a month but only 5 of those people ever worked the business, sure I would have some good money but I wouldn't consider myself a good director. I would rather have 5 or 10 sales a month and work closely with my new team on gettting them their two sales.

Very well said Judy! I totally agree.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  2. SAS78

SAS78 New Member

WOW, I am recently new to Coastal (I bought my package in early June) and I am currently working my business part time in hopes of going full time in the not so distant future. I am currently with the CSG and I am struggling, at first I thought I was struggling with the CSG system, feeling that it wasn't developed for people who currently work full-time as it's virtually impossible to attend the trainings and run a business on a part-time basis, however I'm now starting to think that I might be struggling with the company, Coastal, and I think the posts above are a large source of confusion hence the frustration.....

What is all of the anger and hatred about?? It's like an all out war is brewing between different groups, all of whom are supposed to be seasoned vetrans and professionals showing us 'new ones' how to be successful with our businesses, yet instead of focusing on the positives, the challenges and the opportunities for growth it seems all people can do is focus on the negative.

Now I will admit that I have posted some 'negative' posts which is mostly venting my frustration with the limited knowledge and experience that I feel that I have just starting out and I turn to this forum as a source of knowledge. When I read the posts from the top leaders in this company, and yes we all do represent the same company ~ Coastal, going back and fourth with one another in such negative posts I have to be honest that it tarnishes my image of this business and whether it has the opportunity to offer me anything...

Stephanie
  3. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

Quoting: JudyRegarding how well a person does in this business should not be determined by their paycheque but by if they feel they are making what they are putting into it.

Judy - couldn't agree with you more. Prosperity is a perspective. We all have a right to how we choose to perceive prosperity. And those of us with a prosperity consciousness know that when we focus on feeling good, contributing to the good of others, and be happy, then all areas of our lives flourish - including the financial aspect.

This business and industry is not about the money - even though it does pay very very well. Granted - we all come to Coastal Vacations to make a living initially - but it is the process we go through in developing ourselves and others to financial freedom that gives us such fulfillment and satisfaction.

When I work with people, I ask them to send me their 20 reasons why they want to do this business. And initially the list usually starts with money - pay off debt, financial freedom, etc.

But as the person is asked to give 20 reasons, they start to stretch themselves and dream bigger. They give reasons like - starting a mission in South America, empowering other women, developing some type of non-profit organization, or becoming a motivational speaker.

This happens because of people's basic heirarchy of needs. Once the basic needs are met, including money, most people instinctively want to serve a purpose in their world.

I love the network marketing industry because it allows people to do just that. Make a difference. And we all choose how we want to do that. Some of us have desires to play at the world-wide level, and others just want to be a stay-at-home mom and make a difference in the world by being a positive influence in their own family and children. And if that means that they define success by earning $5K per month - then that's AWESOME!
  4. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

Quoting: SAS78When I read the posts from the top leaders in this company, and yes we all do represent the same company ~ Coastal, going back and fourth with one another in such negative posts I have to be honest that it tarnishes my image of this business and whether it has the opportunity to offer me anything...

Stephanie - thanks for speaking out. I totally agree. I felt it was important for someone to step in here and call a spade a spade.

If you read most of the posts written in here from some of the very active members, you'll see that all along the intention has been to bash the CSG - rather than to offer any useful information about the Coastal Vacations opportunity as a whole.

I'm just one person with the balls enough to step in and shed light on the fact that this is happening. And that was really my only intention in joining here.

If you or anyone else reading this post/thread are interested in participating in a positive forum of people and individuals focused soley on prosperity consciousness in Coastal Vacations, go ahead and email me.

I'll send you the link to my new synergy prosperity blog. You can subscribe to the feed and you can count on getting only helpful, positive information to assist you in staying motivated, inspired, and confident in your choice of Coastal Vacations.

To Your Prosperity!
    Carol Ann
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

CSGLeader I appreciate your comments but it amazes me that in the long post you wrote you failed to comment on any of my points. Its great that you bring up "The Secret" but to be honest the principles of this book and movie are based on Bible principles. So many of the people that read it talk about it but are very good at not truly addressing issues. They say if you have negative in your life its because you attract negative. HMMMM well what have you done to attract the "negative" you are attracting? There is negativity in the world and thats a fact we can all agree on. You know personally of all that I added to the CSG as a leader. All the trainings and the many people I inspired to join the organization are common knowledge. But its amazing as I made a decision to move on I was turned on by the very leaders that months before asked for all of my input. What did I do to attract that? Nothing. Its just something that happens it has nothing to do with "The Secret".

On another note its funny how in your post you talk so highly of the CSG leaders but in our private conversation you were upset that Dave Heidel had the CSG movie on his site. You told us that you sent an email to the leadership and got no response. Now you may deny this as many in the CSG leadership fold deny many of the things they say but digital recording is a great tool.

I again appreciate your long responses but again I mention you never answered any of my points. Misdirection has long been an avenue people use to get the focus off the real issues. The real issue is that the CSG has changed focus and because of this business decision many members fail in their business. I think we should look that point and go from there.

I wish you all the best in your quest to be a lifestyle coach. Then you can participate in selling your products to the CSG database as the other lifestyle coaches do. I will say they have a great marketing strategy that truly allows them to gain the financial freedom they desire even if its at the expense of the masses.

Adam
  6. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: SAS78WOW, I am recently new to Coastal (I bought my package in early June) and I am currently working my business part time in hopes of going full time in the not so distant future. I am currently with the CSG and I am struggling, at first I thought I was struggling with the CSG system, feeling that it wasn't developed for people who currently work full-time as it's virtually impossible to attend the trainings and run a business on a part-time basis, however I'm now starting to think that I might be struggling with the company, Coastal, and I think the posts above are a large source of confusion hence the frustration.....

Stephanie,

I suggest plugging into the BOD calls their training calls at night are at 9pm EST and the live q&a for prospects is 10pm EST...in my opinion great times for those working a full time job during the day and their Coastal business at night.

Tonights 9pm EST call is the New Associates Call.
  7. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: SAS78WOW, I am recently new to Coastal (I bought my package in early June) and I am currently working my business part time in hopes of going full time in the not so distant future. I am currently with the CSG and I am struggling, at first I thought I was struggling with the CSG system, feeling that it wasn't developed for people who currently work full-time as it's virtually impossible to attend the trainings and run a business on a part-time basis, however I'm now starting to think that I might be struggling with the company, Coastal, and I think the posts above are a large source of confusion hence the frustration.....

What is all of the anger and hatred about?? It's like an all out war is brewing between different groups, all of whom are supposed to be seasoned vetrans and professionals showing us 'new ones' how to be successful with our businesses, yet instead of focusing on the positives, the challenges and the opportunities for growth it seems all people can do is focus on the negative.

Now I will admit that I have posted some 'negative' posts which is mostly venting my frustration with the limited knowledge and experience that I feel that I have just starting out and I turn to this forum as a source of knowledge. When I read the posts from the top leaders in this company, and yes we all do represent the same company ~ Coastal, going back and fourth with one another in such negative posts I have to be honest that it tarnishes my image of this business and whether it has the opportunity to offer me anything...

Stephanie,

I agree with you here. The Coastal Business is awsome! It's important that you stay connected to the official Coastal training so you have ALL the upto date information. As I post this - I'm listening in on a training call. SOME directors will not share this call with their team - I choose to share it as it's direct and NO FLUFF!

There are MANY ways to run a Coastal Business. I don't agree with every marketing method, but I do KNOW that this business has been the easiest and most profitable business I've owned in over 20 years as a business owner.

It's important to the success of your business that you learn WHAT WORKS and what doesn't. Many of us here have shared what doesn't work because I opened this forum post with "Why I Never used the Coastal Synergy Group System".

Positve Mental Outlook is important to your business, BUT....that same positve mental outlook can leave you with an empty hand. I've watched as MANY Coastal Directors made mistakes that I made and ended up $1000-$5000 in debt. I spoke with another lady who lost $40,000 last year in her business....and has a positve mental outlook.

I share with you because after over 4 years in this business I want to see MORE PEOPLE be successful. I don't know what your budget will allow as far as marketing, but I can tell you that the heated debate you see here is MORE about folks like yourself - people who have been kept in a bubble when it comes to the Coastal Vacations official training, than it is about those of us who have shared.

Someone did come in and make this personal, which changes the nature of the conversation, but the end result should remain the same.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

It is unfortunate that there are differences between the groups but that is life. We are have separate ways of doing business and because of that sometimes we clash. For all that are in the CSG I wish you the best. The product they market ( the Coastal Package) is a great one that we all market. As the focus as I have been saying gets off of Coastal and on other products is where the problem lies. If anyone is upset where the threads have been going welcome to the politics that in my opinion are truly hurting our incredible business. While I hate that negativity has come out in this forum it is a necessary evil. The truth must come to light. I think everyone should know the truth to make a true decision on where to line up.

For anyone that is offended by my post I apologize but I will continue to be a beacon of truth. As I have served on the CSG Leadership I have intimate knowledge of all that has transpired I truly am sickened that at any time I was part of that group.

Adam
  9. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

Let's just make sure we understand something here about these threads.....

"Why I Never Used the Coastal Synergy Group System"
    "The Inside Scoop on the CSG"
    "What happened in Vegas"

These threads start out by specifically and intentionally targeting the CSG to bad mouth, put down, and complain about the systems, the leadership, the pricing, the events, etc.

Even though this forum is supposed to be about Coastal Vacations and a "friendly" place for people to come and get information.

That is not being a beacon of truth - that is misusing a public forum to vent personal frustrations & situations & opinions that really have nothing to do with every other Coastal rep but yourself.

When it is said that these threads "have become negative" or that somehow these posts have become a political campaign, let's get it straight - these started out with poor intentions to begin with.

Leadership at its finest...

And by the way, I've read many of the other posts and threads in this forum. Time and time again Adam, you are asked to stop talking negatively about other groups, teams, systems, Funtime, etc., so I know it's not just me who feels this way.
  10. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerFor anyone that is offended by my post I apologize but I will continue to be a beacon of truth. As I have served on the CSG Leadership I have intimate knowledge of all that has transpired I truly am sickened that at any time I was part of that group.

I also wanted to point out to the people in this forum that are responsible for the threads I mentioned in my last post, the terms of usage of this forum as posted in the main forum page links...

Terms of Usage and Conditions of Service

By using this forum, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:

No misbehaviour such as hate speech, discrimination, flaming, or anything alike. Always be respectful of other users and the moderators.

Do not use this forum for resolution of personal disputes with members or companies.

It seems to me that the posts that are targeting & "thrashing" the CSG (Adam's term from a previous post) are against the terms of use of this forum.

Since I am an active member of this forum now, I personally feel that these threads and comments are offensive, hateful, and disrespectful to me as a fellow user of this system.

Not to mention that the posts are also being used to resolve personal issues with the CSG - which are completely inappropriate for this forum as per the terms.

I'm sure we can all agree that the terms of use are pretty clear wouldn't you?

Or would you prefer that the forum moderator & administration be notified that you are out of the terms of use agreement and have you permanently removed from the forums going forward?

Your call. I'm ready to lay this down now if you are...
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I will say again that I am not happy with the CSG and anyone that wishes to hear the entire story of how business is done can contact me personally. I have intimate knowledge of the group as for 16 months I served with honors on their board. I was a major speaker at their events, conducted a daily call each week , as well as a training on testimonials that was once part of their 6 figure earner training ( as I dont have their sites anymore im not sure if its still in their back office) and was even a member of the Product Education and Retail Team. In May 2006 I was featured in the HBC Magazine as well as in Sept 2005 they voted me and my wife Rookie of the Year. I still have the plaque in my office. This makes me an expert on the CSG. With all of that behind me im a wealth of knowledge to anyone trying to learn the real deal on Coastal and the CSG. So again anyone looking for the TRUTH about CSG please contact me.

P.S. Thats should be enough of a post as not to offend anyone especially CSGLeader or any other CSG members.

BTW you can contact me directly by clicking on my name and that will lead you to my profile and all of my contact info. Yes I can play by the rules as well Carol.

I AM A BEACON OF TRUTH IN THE MIDST OF MANY THAT TRY TO DECEIVE WITH HALF TRUTHS!!!

Adam
  12. jnapier

jnapier New Member

You know...the only one who doesn't agree with what has been said is CSGLeader. It's what we call bias.

Jay NaPier
  13. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

One last note here - I thought it be good for readers to know what the term "flaming" means in internet technology. (One of the other terms of use that is not allowed in this forum)

Might shed some light on how some people intentionally use these types of forums. This is a definition from the online Wikipedia...

Flaming is the hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board on the Internet.

Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion.

This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. Occasionally, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they are trolls. Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts messages about sensitive topics constructed to cause controversy in an online community such as an online discussion forum or USENET groups in order to bait users into responding.They may also plant images and data on networks that others may find disturbing in order to cause confrontation.

Savvy internet marketers know how to use this type of activity to suck people in - or attempt to keep people out.

I knew there was a reason why I stuck around long enough. Just watch what comes after this post.

Carol Ann
  14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

This is a hoot!!

Instead of addressing the concerns mentioned (which are all true), CSGleader chooses to post off topic.

This post had a subject and CSGleader chose to flame the forum and make this personal.

Oh well.

Jay NaPier
  15. Judy

Judy New Member

Is there anyone else in this forum that would like to close this thread? It seems to be a big disagreement between Jay, Adam and Carol Ann and I for one would love these three to stop arguing.
    Those who are interested have read it all and made their own opinions.

Let's just get back to the business at hand -Coastal
    What has worked for you, is working for you, trip testimonials, and general information sharing.

I personally think you all need to put some more positive energy out there and lets attract some new prospects to this business

I would love to see Carol Ann posting on other threads as I'm sure she is just as much a wealth of info as Sean, Jeff, Harold, Adam, Jay and others.

Thanks guys and have a great night!

Judy
  16. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: JudyLet's just get back to the business at hand -Coastal
    What has worked for you, is working for you, trip testimonials, and general information sharing.

Hi Judy,

That was the intent of this post. What doesn't work. It's about saving people money and it was at the bottom of the list when it was brought back.

Either way - I refuse to be a part of the problem I will only be a part of the solution.

To your success

Jay NaPier
  17. CSGLeader

CSGLeader New Member

Thanks Judy. I appreciate the invite...

And Jay - she was asking what was WORKING for you - not what WASN'T...