Why I Suggest Leading With Your Product Than Your opportunity

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Speedy2011, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Speedy2011 Member

Hi all,

After typing in another topic, I was able to peace together how to say and show an example why I suggest we lead with our product and then the business opportunity to make money.

It is all about keeping it simple. When you start talking about money, it is not as simple any more. Here me out below.

I am going to use Herbalife (MLM Company) as an example that I am sure we are all aware of; due to they have healthy products that are working for people and they been in business for a long time.

When you read on forums about MLM, you will see Herbalife get brought up as a mlm company that is working.

Why does Herbalife work so well? Because their Customers & Distrubutors are all about sharing Herbalife's healthy products first. You can even see this for yourself by going to Youtube to see all the product images and when you watch their videos they talk all about how their products are working for them.

This adds VALUE and TRUST for people to buy Herbalife products from that person.

Now when a person buys a Herbalife product from a distributor and that product works for that person, what do you think this person will have inside of him or her now?

This person will now have PASSION inside of him or her for Herbalife's products, that will lead him or her to go out there to share it to others (Help Others & Make Money).

Now lets go the other way around by leading off with making money first and then offering Herbalife's products.

How would you feel if you went to youtube to see a lot of money images, rather than healthy Herbalife product images and then in their video they lead off showing you how you can make a lot of money off of Herbalife's healthy products to make you some money to pay your bills?

Can you see the differents here, on how this changes the Value and Trust in the product itself?

Thank you for reading.
  2. payment proof Member

I agree. Be upfront about your product, how you're making money, etc. It comes across as being more honest.

Nice post Speedy2011.
  3. DugMg New Member

Speedy2011
    I also was thinking along these lines. I have a product that I'm really happy to sell to friends or anyone else because I believe in it. Since they really will save money and it helps my bottom line everyone wins. So I am starting to develop a web site with just your suggestion in mind. Product 1st along with the benefits then the business opportunity.

I'll add to this post with my results as I go along. Good tip Speedy.
  4. RICH4NURICHE New Member

As the saying goes "Be a product of the product!" and your own testimony will show thru your body language. But even nowadays, it is required to be creative in your approach and vocabulary. This is where the business mindset comes in. Technology is evolving at a fast pace but we must also evolve ourselves. Learning about the products/services is a must. We need to learn and train good, sound business principles and methods. By doing this we keep the industry's integrity strong and true. [IMG]
  5. talfighel Silver Member

When you promote a program online like MLM, always the company gives you your own link to promote.

It is a good idea to go with it since it does a good job explaining to that person about the company, the comp plan, and the great opportunity.

When you are doing business offline with a company like herbalife, you may need to introduce the product first and then the opportunity.
  6. FreeCashMan Active Member

When you have a physical product based opportunity it does give one the flexibility to lead with the product but that is not necessarily the ideal receipt for great success.

People that are in a home business are in it to make money so lead with the opportunity to earn the additional income one desires works. Particularly in these times where so many are desiring more income.

Trust in product will generally be determined by the individual with they use the product. A members experience gives a sense of trust and a reliable product but likely not the actual trust and confidence as noted.

Many physical product opportunities, have such poor compensation plans that reps can only lead with product in order to make any headway to grow their business. That's why I don't think that one should be driven by product foremost in deciding to participate in a business.

I'm not saying product does not matter, just that one can always be a customer of a product they like or love and do business elsewhere that is more productive for a persons income goals.
  7. iweightloss New Member

Great post speedy! I agree you should lead with the product first and then the opportunity. Some times companies have products that don't work to well or you don't feel or see any noticeable difference in your health or weight so you find those companies distributors lead with the opportunity first. In my opinion, this is a harder build!

Thanks,

Pam and Kevin
  8. Seabead New Member

Leading with the products is absolutely the only way in my opinion. Without a great product there's no reason to share. Sure, many people will jump into anything to make a quick buck (been there, done that), but those businesses generally don't last.
    Deb
  9. Martin Butler New Member

The trouble in leading with a product in the Biz op market is that it is so easy to create a superb looking product using flash graphics and superb videos and newbies are so taken in by a great visual.

I think it is far more important to establish yourself as a credable expert who provides honest and ethical products for any long term success.

I know there are super rich marketers who ave got rich selling the dream but I wouldn't want to continue their deception on newbies just for the sake of a quick buck.

Unfortunatly, most newbies think this is the way to get rich. How many times have you been sent an email from someone you don't know promising you instant riches?

Just take a look on youtube and type in make money online or Work from home and see the amount of ordinary people (newbies) all promising to show you the winning formula whilst sitting in their bedroom on their webcam with a coat hanging over the door in the background?

The trouble is that they are only doing what they have been told to do in stupid misleading courses.

Just my opinion.[IMG]
  10. RICH4NURICHE New Member

This reminds me again of that saying "Be a product of the product!" Once you have become sure about how it benefits and changes a part of your life or improves the quality of it, there's a transformation. From that point on, there's a confidence within that shows and spreads thru the people you come in contact with. Not to leave out the big picture though, it is essential to have a combination of factors such as a good compensation plan and support in place to make it for the long haul.