Why Is It Hard For Us To Take A Look At Legitimate Opportunities?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by CJConsulting, Mar 2, 2012.

1. CJConsulting New Member

I am sure that we have all been here if we've been in business for a while.

We have a great company with a solid compensation plan and a business model that others can follow easily. We know that all we need to do is to get in front of the right people. We know that if we can simply get in front of the right folk, we will start really advancing in our business.

So...we take out ads. We talk to everyone we know and love. We ask them to be our customers and/or our business partners. We share all the benefits of our company over other companies out there...and after months and months of hard work, there is absolutely NOTHING to show for it.

Well...I want to encourage you if you're in this place now or if you are really struggling with trying to learn how to massively grow your business. Stop looking to enroll people in your business. Instead...seek to help people wherever they are right now and give them the tools that they need to progress and move forward in their business. If they need training with lead generation, give them that. If they need help learning to to enroll people after giving a presentation, give them that. If you know how to build websites well and they want to learn...help them!

What has been hammered home to me time and time again is that when people need help growing their businesses, if you can simply offer them the help they need, they will flock to you over time. This is most counter-intuitive to us because we want to make money right now. But home business ownership is not a sprint. It's a marathon...and only those who are diligent and who NEVER give up will reach the finish line. There are people in home business who seem to have just taken off suddenly, but they are such a rarity. Most of us learn how to build our businesses over years of learning and years of trial and error. What happens is that it usually all comes together at once. For some reason, after we have seasoned a little bit, we start to learn how to do it right and how to do it well. That was the case for me after a LOT of failure and a LOT of stops and starts.

It takes time to learn how to grow the right way consistently...and my encouragement is that while you are growing and learning, take time to help someone along the way. You won't regret doing that...and it's one of the fastest ways to grow.

It's hard for people to take a look at legitimate home business opportunities because most people have been told the same thing over and over and over again. As you grow, try to be the one who stands out from the crowd...the one who is NOT saying what everyone else is...the one who is NOT lying....the one who is telling people the truth about what it takes and is willing to guide them at each point in the profession of owning a home based business. If you start putting others first, it won't be so hard to get people to take a look at what you have to offer. They'll see that you are giving them what they need.

Help other people as you go along in this home business journey, and you'll make it easier to grow your business. At some point, we have all needed someone. Be that person who helps others. I hope this has been an encouragement to someone!

Blessings,
    Christi Johnson
  2. talfighel Silver Member

When you get someone in the business, you need to give them....

Step 1: Do this.

Step 2: Do that.

When you have a simple system for them to follow and they do, in time they will do well and at the same time grow your biz.
  3. CJConsulting New Member

You are absolutely right! It's systems that most people are missing. I know I was missing them when I first started.

The way the industry is going, if you do not have a system in place, you can forget it. No one will want to come into business with you. Your process HAS to be proven...and this is the key to being able to help people hit the ground running from day ONE!

Great share, Talfighel!

Christi Johnson