Why Most Network Marketers Fail

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by kevin664, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Zurvita

Zurvita New Member

I really believe in seeing to it that others needs are met, and then my needs will be taken care of automatically. It helps in networking if the comp plan your company uses has payouts to infinity. I'm not self promoting here, just a bit of logic. If every time I see to it that someone in my organization gets what they need, and I get paid every time they get what they need, it sure seems to help things get back to me quicker for what I need. You gotta love this network marketing thing.
  2. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Hi everybody,

Very interesting thread so far.

The great thing about the internet is that you are exposed to different opportunities that can arouse your interest.

I have a "primary business" in nutrition but have been drawn to personal development and funded proposals.

As a combined package I feel my downline will have the edge over the normal MLM approach as Kevin666 opened with.

Aaron Riddell
  3. SteveM30

SteveM30 New Member

Personally, I'm not interested in COLD calling a list of leads. And I know I'm not alone here.
    There are a few people out there who are completely impervious to rejection and can cold call all day. But even if you could do this and were even successful, that technique is not very DUPLICATEABLE. What are the chances of building a good downline that cold calls?

That's what I love about the internet. There are so many more options available now! [​IMG]
  4. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

SteveM30: Personally, I'm not interested in COLD calling a list of leads
    SteveM30: What are the chances of building a good downline that cold calls?

I agree 100%.

Many of us joined our own opportunities to avoid cold calling.

If you rely on growing your business with people who are good at cold calling you are doomed. There are many biz-oppers out there in which this is the #1 reason why they shy away from traditional MLM businesses.

But interpersonal relationships are important in all business transactions. That's why Web 2.0 marketing strategies are the way to go today. At some point the "human factor" becomes important.

People do not buy from the internet, they buy from you.
  5. cricfan

cricfan New Member

sorry if i may offend anyone here but opportunity seekers are not your ideal prospects...because they are just "seekers"

more often than not, you'll find yourself wasting your time with them trying to explain everything...

you should rather be targerting opportunity "buyers"

these are the people who have been in a home business, or are planning to start one soon...

these people already know that it's a business & will require hard work...so you'll have easier time training them...
  6. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Hi all,

Today! I was on a webinar conference call run by Todd Falcone. Todd has a tool he uses which is defintely well worth a trial run.

I'm based on the other side of the world, but even I can see the value in this tool.

Do yourself a BIG favour and drop by his next free LIVE PROSPECTING call next Wednesday PDT 4-5pm.

Have a great week!
  7. z2ac2k

z2ac2k New Member

simply put 1. poor products 2. poor work ethic
  8. unselfishguy

unselfishguy Guest

Also, it's unfortunate that most systems that typical network marketing companies use are just not designed for the average person. This is the reason why there's only a small percentage of home business entrepreneurs who actually succeed.
  9. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Hi,

Just a comment.

I was listening to one of my Perry Marshall recorded calls the other day and they were discussing prospecting and conversions.

There were two streams of thought.

1. Capture the prospect and make the sale straight away. But pay a premium for your Adwords campaign as you would be bidding on highly competitive keywords.

2. Capture the prospect at earlier stage of the process and lead them into the final sale through step by step autoresponders, providing the answers to questions they will most likely ask.

Number 1. gets them in straight away but Number 2. builds trust.

Another point to remember, "keywords" are likely to be less competitive as very few will have the patience to do this.

You could set your campaign up to capture prospects at each step of the way and feed them into your autoresponder at the applicable position.

Food for thought.

Aaron Riddell
  10. johntanyishin

johntanyishin New Member

I've heard once before about this golden rule.

"If you help people save time and money, you will automatically earn some of the time and money you've help them to save."

It's very interesting.

Yes, it's hard to build a network marketing business but I believe you have to plan and do it long term.

JTYS
  11. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

I wouldn't focus on why network marketers fail. Rather we should focus on how to avoid failure in network marketing. First, we need to know how to promote our program effectively online and offline. Second, we need to persevere as successful network marketers are really strong and have the ability to get over the tough times. Thirdly, we need to stay motivated and focus on our "why" all the time. Lastly, we need to maintain our relationship with the team. Network marketing is all about building and maintaining relationship with people.
  12. lavendersluv

lavendersluv New Member

Endless Referrals by Bob Burb is also a great book, he covers many simple easy to use strategies to endless referrals. Highly recommend if you want to stop buying leading, stop making warm market lists. thanks

Michelle
  13. BeAChampion

BeAChampion Member

The #1 reason why 97% of Network Marketers fail is because they are trying to convince and 'sell' their business opportunity on the front-end.

Nobody likes to be sold.

But we do like to buy when we know that what we are buying is a solution to our problem.

So instead of trying to 'sell' someone, if we instead help them grow their current business and show them how to get results first and they see that the knowledge and skills we are teaching them work, they will then want to work with you further because its going to benefit their business and make them more money.

And the other reason why people fail is a lack of true and correct marketing training and knowledge.

Once you gain the knowledge of how to market not only will your business grow but you can them help others grow their business and gain they trust.

Tim
  14. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Just a thought,

INSTEAD of focusing on Why Network Marketers fail, let's shift our focus to the 3 to 5% of the heavy hitters.

Why do they succeed over and over again?

Could it be that these guys and ladies have a different mindset from the 97% who never quite get there?

Aaron Riddell
  15. mr127500

mr127500 New Member

I think they have a different mindset and they have tools and systems in place that effectively build. Lets talk about some of those, such as paid referral systems and outsourcing. ANyone know a few more?
  16. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

I really think that lack of action is one of the major reasons why people fail in network marketing. There are plenty of great information on how to become successful in this business. However, if we don't implement these ideas consistently, they will be useless and eventually lead to failure.
  17. colibri

colibri New Member

If you have the knowledge you have the power.
    Money follows knowledge.

The heavy hitters know what they are doing.
    Those who are failing do not.

Pick someone who has accomplished or is accomplishing what you want to do and duplicate their actions as closely as possible.

And partake in a process of self-education every day as a lifelong habit. All the guru's say this. I am just repeating it. The continual flow of new ideas into your mind will help you be successful in whatever you do.

Ron
  18. mirab

mirab New Member

I agree with colibri. I also think people are just taking the gamblers approach and throwing their ten dollars in and hoping it will bring a return. But hey, sometimes that works...
  19. greatidea

greatidea New Member

Great Post, you need to get a mentor in your upline and follow his or her lead. You need to learn how to communicate with people through education. There is no magic pill. It doesn't work in the concrete and mortar business world so why do people think it will work in MLM.

Systemize! You need to implement something that is easily duplicatable, something anyone can grasp and feel comfortable doing.

People don't join your business opportunity they join you. Learn how to Brand Yourself and become the Guru and you'll enjoy a following you won't believe.
  20. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

colibri: Pick someone who has accomplished or is accomplishing what you want to do and duplicate their actions as closely as possible.

I can relate to this comment.

As we expose ourselves to other mentors out there, of which a lot offer their views and ideas for free.

I believe we will naturally grow (as we apply what we have learnt). Something from within will identify with him or her and spark a new idea or create an aha moment for us when the "light bulb" turns on with that thing we call the brain.

Aaron Riddell