Why should you supplement?

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by lifemyway, Jan 5, 2012.

1. lifemyway

lifemyway New Member

Let me list for you the benefits of nutrional supplements:

-Enhance the Immune System
    -Enhance the Antiokidant Defense System
    -Decreases the Risk of Heart Attacks, Strokes, and Cancer
    -Decreases the Risk of Arthritis, Macular Dengeneration, and Cataracts
    -Decreases the Risk of Asthma and Hay Fever

And this one is my favorite:

-Improves Sensitivity to Insulin and Helps Release Fat!!

Proper nutrion and the right supplements cna make a WORLD of difference in your health and fat loss goals!!

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

True.

I also like the idea of drinking green Chinese tea which helps clean your body.

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Most people are low on Vitamin D, especially in climates with long Winters or little sun. So that may be a good supplement to think about taking.

4. Shawn Miller

Shawn Miller New Member

I take Supplements on a daily basis. Some supplements can actually help you lose weight. I personally have lost 30 lbs in 3 months using some of them.

5. Kyle Morris

Kyle Morris New Member

I agree to its benefits but if we only rely on supplement alone, it would be only useless, we still need to do something like exercising and eating healthy foods.

6. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I have always been very interested in nutritional supplements and herbs. We take so many at my house I could open up a storefront, lol! If you research and take quality products it really can help. When I met my second husband he was on high blood pressure and high cholesterol medication. After a few months he was off of everything. He still is off of all prescriptions 2.5 years later. However, it is not inexpensive and many prefer not to spend the money.

My first husband had numerous health issues since I met him in his 20's and had to take many prescriptions over the years. I got him off of a lot of them with proper nutritional supplements, but not before the damage was done with a perforated ulcer that required two surgeries and over a month in the hospital. He died suddenly of a brain aneurysm several years ago, a number of years after the perforated ulcer, it was totally unrelated to his health issues and a defect he was probably born with. He felt so much better on less medications the last years of his life. Ironically, alot of times when you have health insurance it is cheaper to take prescriptions than it is to take the correct, bioavailable pharmaceutical grade products.

Eating a variety of foods, especially the vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes and wild fish, organic or at least grass fed beef and chicken is of course to our benefit. The problem in our times though is the soil is often so depleted that we do not get near the nutrients from things like vegetables and fruits as our parents and grandparents did.

James Eckburg likes this.
  7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

We can take a lot of things for better health in the supplement area I've found that many are lacking an understanding of the vital role of the immune system for optimal health. Our body has a powerful defense system but it does not operate at optimal levels to fight bacteria, viruses, diseases and even cancer. Nutrients are good but without effective immune support one can still find themselves facing grave illnesses such as autoimmune diseases.

When you get your immune system operating at an optimal level where your bodies defense system can see these attacks you will find yourself and others maintaining or healing. There's a little know product called Beta Glucan that is an immune system modulator (modifier). It takes our immune system to optimal levels.

However, all Beta Glucan is not created equal. I do work with the source that has the #1 scientific proven Beta Glucan by independent research. For those into health and wellness, and who shouldn't be, learn more about Beta Glucan. By the way this is not another "me too" immune system booster nutritional supplement.

<Snip>

To Health and Wealth!

[Link removed - Admin]

8. Eat healthy, train body, mind and soul and you don't need to take supplements.

Now if you're training for a sports competition, that's a different story...

9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Even in eating healthy the body will have need for support from good quality supplements and nutrients. The soil is depleted in many of these farms and even food is coming from China. Fact is generally people are taking in industrialized food even in eating healthy. This isn't our backyard farms we can depend on to provide the nutrients we need. The food is bad, the water is bad, and the process of getting it to us is bad. And we certainly can't depend on the FDA's daily dose recommendations for better health.

Another very good product is Moringa. That product is top notch as to nutrients all in one. Just search Youtube. It's used to help effectively with starvation because of its dense nutrients. I learned about it from a ZIJA rep, but I"m not in the business but love the product.

10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

We just started eating healthier and take the muscadine grape seed which is super high in anti-oxidants and have never felt better!

James Eckburg likes this.
  11. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

It's funny you mention the muscadine grape seed. We take a resveratrol supplement.

Now, to get my muscadine grape - which is exceptional for you - I live in Florida and am within a 1.5 hour drive to a super winery that makes all their wines with the red and the white muscadine grape. We love it and go up there to buy a few cases at a time. Now I know that is not a supplement as we are discussing in this thread, but when I saw your post it reminded me of seeing all the beautiful grape vines there at the Lakeridge Winery property and how we love their Southern Red, Southern White and Reserve wines.

12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Lucky you! We can't get the good muscadine wines where we are at.

But you are right, the muscadines are very high in resveratrol which makes it a perfect supplement for a lot of people, not to mention the elagic acid, quercetin and much more. :)

13. smilekill

smilekill New Member

Thanks for the wonderful share can some one tell me where can i get a perfect supplement to reduce weight