Why Some Pleople Like Blogging and Some Prefer Article Writing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HiAchiever, Jan 27, 2011.

1. HiAchiever

HiAchiever New Member

You can market and increase traffic to your website by writing for blogs or article directories. Individuals can come to your site by clicking links in either a blog post or an article. Search engines will notice your links in both blogs and articles and enhance your important backlink count.

There are a few differences between writing for blogs and writing articles. And, it's those distinctions that draw some people to blogging and others to article writing.

-- Article Writing

You compose articles principally to publish them in article directories and possibly on your personal website. Since articles will probably be distributed to several directories, articles authors often "spin" the content to present every article directory with a unique rendering of the article.

While you receive backlinks from both article directories and blogs, articles have a big advantage. From the article directory your articles can be downloaded and published on additional sites or in newsletters. This allows articles to have wider exposure to additional people. Moreover, because your bio or resource box accompanies your articles, you links achieve broader exposure and can propagate throughout the Web.

Because an article is first published on an article directory, it must conform to the terms and conditions of that directory. Some directories restrict article length, your article's subject, and generally require accurate spelling and grammar. This causes your article to be a more formal work than a blog post.

You typically cannot include self-serving links within the article body. But, you can usually add two or thee self-serving links in a short bio or resource area that will appear and the end of your article.

Your article usually focuses on a single point or theme. It stands alone. Consequently, it will deal with only a small segment of a subject. Nevertheless simultaneously it should supply adequate details to make your article informative.

-- Blog Writing

As you write a blog post as a guest blogger on someone else's blog, you'll need to follow exactly the same guidelines for creating articles

Generally, though, you write blog posts for your personal blog. Writing blog posts for your own blog is very different from article writing. Individuals reading your blog expect you to be trustworthy, direct, and supply information. You are not expected to be formal and normally are in total control of your posts. This means that the subject, length, spelling and grammar restrictions imposed by nearly all article directories do not apply.

Most blog owners seek to add up-to-the-minute content to their blogs every single day. Because of this, your blog posts may be any length. Some days your energy level allows creating more than other days. You could write a handful of sentences or a whole page. It's up to you and depends on what you want to communicate that day with your readers.

Because it's your blog, you are able to add links to your sites anyplace within your post. You don't have to reserve them for a "resource" area such as you would for an article. Furthermore, blogs could have your advertisements in a side bar, at the top or bottom of the page, or maybe between posts.

Not only that, your blog posts are often associated with or even dependent on prior posts. You could possibly be describing your experiences on a particular topic over an expended period of time. And, you can bring in many related or unrelated subjects in your blog posts.

Most bloggers invite comments on their posts. As a result, you are able to truly have a dialog with people reading your blog and have the conversation become a lasting component of the blog.

Overall, whether or not you like creating articles or blog posts, you will receive benefits from your efforts. Therefore, promote your articles or blogs and observe your site's popularity climb.
  2. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

Very good explanation, There is a difference I knew it!

Take care and Thanks
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Whether one works for some, it may not work for others.

I still love the idea of paying for my ads to show on the major PPC companies.
  4. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

I think as far as "instant benefits" go, writing articles and distributing them on established article directories is the best way to get traffic quick, whereas it takes time to build a personal blog.

So, I do both - Write articles and place them on my blog and THEN distribute them for instant traffic. It's a win-win.
  5. Fanciadance

Fanciadance Guest

talfighel
    As an arfticle writer I have had much success until recently when associated content took down all my articles as they have been taken over by Yahoo and all the rules have changed for posting.

As a result, I have been considering PPC but would rather pay someone to do it for me. Do you know anyone?[​IMG]
  6. Fanciadance

Fanciadance Guest

bhuff85
    Hi mate,

When you write an article, do you post it on your blog first without re-writing it before posting?
  7. JanHickling

JanHickling New Member

I love writing articles! - And I have a circle approach to get a lot out of each one.

First I try and choose a topic people are actually interested in (you would be surprised how many people are guided by their ego and not the market)

Second: I write the article.
    hint... Ezine: I always use the custom signature and carry the story into it so people will keep reading. By adding my links into the end of the story I also make them more relative to the subject.

Third: I take a portion of it - blog it and note it on Facebook and link back to the article. I make a quick, short video directing back to my blog or fan Page (which ever I want to build that day)

Forth: I make a quick, short video directing back to my blog or fan Page (which ever I want to build that day)

Fifth: Go to Facebook - linked in groups and direct back to Fan Page with notes link.

Sixth: Tweet -

I find I am much more efficient with this technique.

Anybody else have some good ways to stretch out their articles or blog posts? Love to get new idea's.

Jan Hickling
  8. steelpaulo

steelpaulo New Member

I have 72 articles on ezinearticles and my traffic is like zilch on my blogs though, without doing any seo I have between 60 visits a month on one and 2400 a month on others.
    I just wrote another article and got it approved at ezine because I want to highlight my offer. However I have not had any success with articles if you consider SALES as the measure of success.
  9. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

Fanciadance: Hi mate,

When you write an article, do you post it on your blog first without re-writing it before posting?
    I post it on my website/blog first THEN distribute it to article directories. That's what article directories are for - syndicating content.

Hope that helps!
  10. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

me personally i dont do personal blogs, although its something i should
    probably be thinking about later on. Right now i focus on reviewing products and promoting them if they are good. Article writing helps me with this as well by helping me to rank my money pages.
  11. BizMarketing

BizMarketing New Member

Hi,

Writing articles and article submission is a great way to really drive free targeted traffic. Write original articles to those directories and place them on your personal blog and it should bring you more traffic. This is an easy way to get instant traffic.
  12. koolgizmo

koolgizmo New Member

I think articles are the way to go, knowing that if at least a few of them make it into a blog than it will be exposed to many more people. I usally rewrite the articles and send them to other article directories. Blogging isn't for me but it is for many others. I say if you have the time and energy for it, than go for it.
  13. kailo

kailo New Member

I prefer to do both. I use article marketing to drive traffic to my blog.
  14. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

I get great traffic from EZA (yes even after the Panda/Farmer update) but for increased traffic and ranking then I have found that a diversified approach works best.

I have (or had) an article submission service submit articles to the major directories for me - they are now 'restructuring, so I am moving on...anyone know of a great replacement?

I am also a member of SEO Linkvine, a service that sends your articles out to relevant blog networks.

On top of this I also Ping, Amplify, Tweet, Stumble and have the odd Digg.

This approach is working really well - especially seeing as I don't have to worry about my links every time that Google belches [​IMG]
  15. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

I love writing myself, so I write articles AND blog. Of course, you want to build the authority of your own blog or website, so never submit articles to article directories first - put them on your own site, then submit to article directories after they are indexed.

Better yet, re-write your posts a bit and then submit them to article directories. The more content you can distribute, the better off you will be in the long run[​IMG]
  16. katereber

katereber New Member

talfighel: Whether one works for some, it may not work for others.
    You're right tal..

We have different choices.
    That one fits with you, but not with me.
    That one fits with me, but not with you.
  17. chukky27

chukky27 New Member

Very good info guys!

I mostly do article writing but I do have a squidoo page that I link to. No blogs yet but planning on doing some later. Just taking it slow.

One article went to first page of google in 4-5 days after I submitted it to ezinearticles.
  18. Greatwoman

Greatwoman New Member

Helpful post. I blog but haven't started article marketing yet. Will try that soon and see what it does for me.
  19. miller111

miller111 New Member

An article writing requires a decent skills. Because the article is always little research.
  20. mreese601

mreese601 Member

yea that's all good if you love to write! I much rather post too my blog my thoughts, and I don't have to really focus on making sure every thing is the way someone else want's it too be. I like doing my own thing, so that's what I focus on doing. I much rather create a blog.