Widget Ads on a product review page or not?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Art, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Art

Art Member

Hi guys!
    Quick question!
    What do you think about removing sidebar widgets ads I normally have on my blog for the product review pages?
    I'm testing it a the moment.
    The main goal for me is for the visitor to click through and buy the product, right?
    I think the sidebar ads are distracting people in many cases...
    The downside is that if they are not interested in what they are reading (for whatever reason) they have limited options in terms on what to click next and stay on my website...
    Anyone done similar tests?
    Thanks [​IMG]
    Art

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

If your objective is to get visitors to click through to the product page, your review should be informative and compelling to begin, and the fewer distractions there are on the page, the better.

But you can confirm whether or not the sidebar ads are distracting people, by studying the page's web analytics. It'll show which sidebar links your visitors are using to exit the page, and what percentage that represents in relation to the percentage that clicks through to the product page.

Your test results ought to reveal which setup is the more productive.

All the best!

Hermas

3. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

If i was you I wouldn't put Ads IF your goal is to sell products.
    What if a customer was about to buy your product and then they see something in the Ad that they prefer to buy instead? I'm sure you will make more profit selling a product rather then an Ad-Click.

Also sometimes Ads make a website look unprofessional and some people find them annoying.

4. Art

Art Member

Hermas!
    Thanks a lot for the answer :) That is exactly what I'm doing at the moment. I just hoped someone tried this before and we could compare results...

Peter!
    I don't have any 'ads' on the sidebar (I mean no google ad sense ads). Only links to other products I promote, an opt-in form, my facebook page etc. But I do agree that the ads sometimes look awful on blogs!

Thanks a lot guys :)

5. Conner Hogan

Conner Hogan New Member

If your goal is just to get the click through then by all means remove it.

If your side ad has a similar product/ or offer, the prospect might not want your first offer but they might be interested in your side bar offer.

It more depends on what kind of traffic you are getting.

I feel the distraction stops me from automatically thinking it is a sales page. I become more comfortable as I read. I am rejecting the ads, because I don't want to be scammed.

6. Art

Art Member