Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Health' started by cpryor, Dec 5, 2009.

1. cpryor

cpryor New Member

has anyone had their wisdom teeth removed? what was your experience and what recommendations do you have for needing all removed do to pain?

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Your best bet is to talk to a dentist and get their opinion on the matter - everyone will have different experiences with this, and only a dentist can tell you what the best plan of action is for your teeth.

3. cpryor

cpryor New Member

they will say I need to have them removed... just not sure if it is best to do all at once or 1 at a time..

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I think it would depend on your situation and how impacted they are. In my case, I had the top ones pulled about 10 years before I had the bottom ones removed, but only a dentist can give you a recommendation on what to do...

5. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

I agree that you need to see a dentist. If they are impacted and causing pain - this will NEVER go away. You can't un-impact wisdom teeth - the only option is for a dentist to remove them.

I had mine out years ago - all 4 at once. They were all impacted and it was great to get rid of the pain they caused.

6. vijendrasnv

vijendrasnv New Member

The dentist would give the right suggestion.
    But sounds it really painful to remove not only wisdom teeth but any teeth. Very painful!!!!

7. charile

charile New Member

I have had my widson teeth pull ya it hurt i wish i could say it dont ya it does

8. babo2708

babo2708 New Member

It was a horrible experience when my wisdom teeth was removed!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

9. yahia

yahia Member

cproyr the pain differs from person to person. I see people are talking about experiencing a lot of pain, while I didn't.

Technically, it's not wise to remove them all in one set. The anesthesia on one half of your face will make that half numb and painless. Doing both you'll have a really weird experience and there is a possibility that you bite your tongue without feeling it, or even choke on your saliva because you can not control any muscle in your face to stop it.

Even if you do it under some circumstances, you won't be able to chew anything on both sides of your mouth for a while.

10. bing

bing New Member

Indeed, all of us have different levels of pain tolerance. I rate my tolerance at 8/10. [​IMG].

Around ten years ago, I had my lower-left wisdom tooth removed. I asked the dentist to remove my left and right teeth but he recommended to have the other one taken a week after. So I just said OK.

Just recently, I had a problem with my upper-left wisdom tooth. My neighbor recommended a herb. At first I was hesitant but I had been in pain for 5 days and so I decided to give it a try. The taste was soooo bitter. Amazingly, the pain never came back. I still have the tooth decay though.