Wish I Had Known This my First Week of Internet Marketing

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by A8ch, Sep 15, 2010.

1. A8ch Gold Member

Have you ever looked back on your online marketing/work-at-home experience and wondered how different things would be for you today if, in the beginning, you had known _ _ _ _ _ ?

What would that bit of information be?

Back in 2001 when I first became interested in the crazy and exciting world of online marketing, there were lots of things I didn't know.

But here's one thing I do wish I had known then:

It's really not that difficult or expensive to create your own product. And with the right plan, you can parlay that first product into a complete line of products and generate a healthy income for years to come.

Even though I understand and can appreciate the expression "Better late than never", it seems to me that being early (or at least on time) is much more desirable.

Then again, I also know that: "Nothing happens before its time."

So, what's yours?

Hermas
  2. FreeCashMan Active Member

I was fortunate to learn this in the beginning, but many still miss it.

Having a website and autoresponder.

As the say fortune is in the follow up, and thanks to technology that follow, and fortune can be on autopilot and or at your disposal whenever necessary.

Build a list!
  3. danman New Member

Mine is having patience.

Jumping at every offer thrown at you and bypassing the time to understand the fundamentals of this business can hurt you in the long run.

But I guess everything is a learning process so even if it's a mistake, you can still learn something from it.

As a teacher, I tell my students, "Mistakes are costly only when you don't learn from them".

-Dan
  4. jbconsul New Member

The biggest problem I had in getting started was all the shiny objects in the form of sales letters that promise everything and deliver very little. The idea of instant success just doesn't hold true.
  5. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Interesting topic Hermas[IMG] My 2 "Wish I had Known" would be:

1. Don't run where the money is. Follow your passion. Money will bore you after some time. Passion will never.

2. Build a list. Again this should be in an area which you are really passionate about. Your passion about the subject is ultimately what determines the success of your list.

And I totally agree with your view on having one's own product. After seeing the success with my Contact Form website, I wish I had done that earlier.
  6. prohomeworker New Member

Patience and not so much of a perfectionist ! [IMG]
  7. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Vishal P. Rao: And I totally agree with your view on having one's own product. After seeing the success with my Contact Form website, I wish I had done that earlier.
    Your contact form has been a huge hit!

That was an extremely good idea in a pretty niche market since nobody else offers what you do.

My wish I had know is:

It's easy! So don't over complicate everything.

I think I overcomplicated marketing for 2 years then started realizing how simple it really was. At that point I started signing up reps like crazy.

Weird how that works..

Matt