Wordpress hosted in Hostgator, sitebuilding video

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by rvlady, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rvlady

rvlady Member

For anyone like me, that is trying to build on their own, I found a good "starter" tutorial for WP.

WP was recommended to me and I am thinking it is going to work well for me! I did chose Hostgator which I have heard from several sources that it is a good host.

If anyone needs help getting started with Wordpress dashboard, like I do, this video is pretty easy for me to follow and if I can follow I figure anyone can;)

Just one of her videos and I hope the rest are as helpful. I just "tile" my windows and work right along with her video. Hope this might help someone else:) Denise

Just2EZ likes this.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Great pick! Lisa Urby has been marketing a while. She walks the walk and has a very sincere and direct teaching style.
    You are in extremely good company to learn online marketing stuff.

Hermas

3. rvlady

rvlady Member

Thank you Hermas, I like the way she speaks right out and I can hear her. Plus, it is so easy to follow her as she doesn't leave anything out that I can see. In other words, she doesn't assume you know how to navigate the dashboard in any way (imo).

Good to know I have evidently picked a winner on tutorials. I'm sure there are others but she has so many I feel I will pretty much have all I need. I will find out as I go:) Thank you again, Denise
    PS I didn't realize that link I was inserting would put the video itself in. I checked the rules to make sure a link of that type was ok here. What do you think about the video? Should I find out how to just enter the link only?

4. rvlady

rvlady Member

Thanks iron:) I am really pleased with both the support and how easily I can navigate the dashboard in WP with the help of the tutorials! I just have soooooooo much to learn though!:eek: denise

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

That's fine. As long as the links/images/videos aren't self-promotional, it's fine.

6. rvlady

rvlady Member

Oh thanks Vishal, I thought I was just putting in a blue link and it popped open. I have read all your rules now so thought the video was ok. Thanks for the confirmation though, Denise

7. Rick Servers

Rick Servers New Member

Installing wordpress on hostgator is piece of cake but with all the installer available it become very easy for hackers to hack wp sites. So, wp security is a concern, with plugins available wp directory we can prevent hacking and other malicious activity to an extent.

8. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member