Work at home dad tips

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by ibuzzmentor, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I have been working from home for 8 years now and for the past 4 or so as a stay at home dad
    with two boys. Nothing beats seeing them grow up and not a having to be a slave to someone elses schedule. With business booming for me the trick is to find enough time to do the proper advertising, calling leads back, networking etc. It can be a challenge. But if you are passionate about what you do and have a plan and a great honest balance between working and family that is the key. The best part about it though is if I want to bring the kid to a Cubs game I can at any time without having to worry about it.

payment proof likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I absolutely agree that a balance between working and family is essential. I find since I've started working at home, I tend to put in more hours some weeks than I did with a typical away from home job. But I love what I do. And the time I don't spend commuting allows for more family time too. :)

Great post ibuzzmentor!

3. Anders J

Anders J Member

Have you fought about hiring a call center to call the leads on your behalf?

Without passion what do you have?

4. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

You may not be a slave to someone else's schedule, but what many don't realize is in home business you have to create and stick to a schedule in order to have any efficiency. And trust me I know how much more difficult it is as a single parent with young ones in the home.

You didn't mention how old the boys were, but the best place to start is to look at your schedule with them, then scheduling the marketing around that. Also making time before they wake up and after they got to bed can work wonders for you as well.

At first glance you may think that there aren't enough hours in the day, especially being a single parent. But with a schedule and a bit of creativity, you can find the time to do all that needs to be done.