Work at home dad

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by RickyT, Apr 4, 2009.

1. RickyT

RickyT New Member

Hi,
    First id like to say thanks for allowing me to join an outstanding site. A few things about me: I have just recently have gotten out of the United States Army and have moved to Phoenix Arizona. I met my fiance and she has a beautiful and wonderful daughter. I decided to take a little time away from work (she works a full time job at the her office) until i could find some i could do at home. Right now I take care of our daughter at home and really don't have the time other than the internet to go job searching then work a forty-hour week.
    I have alot of skills when it comes to computers. I can design logos, make custom forum signatures, etc. Im just looking for something that i can do all the time to help me make a little money during the month, say around $2000.00 or so. I have done a lot of looking online for online data entry/typists type jobs. I have looked on craigslist and many other sites looking for a legitimate online job that i can do to support my family.
    If I may ask for suggestions and feedback as to where to look or where to start, or even someone that could use the extra help, that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
    Rick

2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Rick,

Pleased to meet you. First let me say thank you for your service in the US Army. I appreciate the sacrifice that you and your family made and the risks that may have been involved. I'm glad to know you made it through safely.

Secondly, congratulations on your marriage and new family. [​IMG]

Okay, now about making money online. If you want to do freelance work, check places like elance.com, getafreelancer.com, rentacoder.com, mturk.com, and odesk.com.

Those are all pretty legitimate places where you can do set work for a set fee.

The other option is to consider putting your skills to work for yourself and learn to build a website business on a specific topic of interest to you. The income is slower starting out that way, but it is better and more stable in the long run.

You put a lot of effort into getting a website set up and filled with valuable content about your topic, but then you can almost have it on cruise control and the money is steady (or growing) for less and less work.

Hope you find something that suits you.
    Blessings,
    Angie

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Rick!

The best thing that I would suggest (coming from someone that has done a variety of things out there - lol) is to do enough research to kind of get a handle on how various programs work and then don't be afraid to get your feet wet.

There are some folks that simply do affiliate marketing and make money with that and things like adsense.... working with blogs, Squidoo lenses, their own websites, etc, to market affiliate products.

Then there are others that are into network marketing or mlm - where they are part of a network marketing company and make money both by commissions and by signing on others that are looking to make money...

These are two of the most popular methods to make money online and they are very different programs in one sense and yet very same in another sense... The aspect that is very similar in both is the marketing aspect.

It takes some time to get through the learning curve of how to market online and actually, that may be stated wrong.... I think it takes a lifetime of research on the marketing part! It seems there are always new things to learn and master in that area. [​IMG]

4. hinkleysolution

hinkleysolution New Member

Rick,

You won't make $2000 a month doing it, but it is something while you're looking. Check out ChaCha. They are looking for expeditors. All you do is take raw text message questions/inquiries, pretty them up, categorize them and send them off to guides to be answered. The pay is $0.03 per query which amounts to a few bucks an hour depending on how fast you go. I like the work. I find it fun and interesting and a good supplement to my call center work with LiveOps.

Cameron

5. macka_74

macka_74 New Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if this WAHA is just another work from home scam. I thought they overlooked everyone sorting out the scammers but then they try to sell as well. There is no easy money out there is there? You have to put the hard work in.

But hold on if you click this button right here.....Are you sure you want to close this window......Sign now and get this special offer ....and what about the Im only taking 200 more people so dont be the 201st....crack me upeth!!! lol

I already work but I am limited with 4 children so I am just researching to see if there is some easy ways to make money and catch up on lost time with the kids. I am glad to find this forum. Forum's are always the way to go if your thinking of taking a risk.
    you all take care and looking 4ward to feedback. bye for now,

chris

6. Carl_B

Carl_B Guest

Hi RickyT,
    Congratulations on your marriage and your service in the US Army.
    now u want to making money online. so u visit PTC web site.
    There are many sites which provide online work also give money.
    The income is slower starting out that way, but it is better and more stable in the long run.

So, keep thinking about this, Good Luck..........

Carl B

7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

macka_74: But hold on if you click this button right here.....Are you sure you want to close this window......Sign now and get this special offer ....and what about the Im only taking 200 more people so dont be the 201st....crack me upeth!!! lol
    [​IMG] It is a riot, but it obviously works on people, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

macka_74: I am just researching to see if there is some easy ways to make money
    Well, Chris, I don't believe there ARE any 'easy' ways to make money online. There are some ways that are more 'simple' to understand and implement than others, but definitely not easy. They all take work - a process of learning and doing.

But the work pays off in the long run and you'll be very glad you put the effort into it!

Blessings,
    Angie

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Freelance work, as someone noted above, is probably the way to go for the particular skill set you discussed. However, pursuing a viable business opportunity that can generate you monthly residual income may be a great option to consider to get you beyond $2K a month in income.

A lot people want to make $2K a month from home, but many will not do the things that need to be done to make it happen.

9. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

RickyT
    I hope you have found something great online, once a person has something they enjoy and have a passsion for makes all the difference in the world. I love working from home and having the freedom to live. Take Care