Work-At-Home Data Entry

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by RedFirePhoenix, Feb 8, 2010.

1. RedFirePhoenix

RedFirePhoenix New Member

OK, so I know the majority of sites that require up front costs are scams. Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any experience with work-at-home-data-entry.com? I'm just skimming through various sites trying to find legitimate opportunities to supplement my current income. Thanks!

2. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

It looks like affiliate marketing to me.

If you find a legitimate work from home typing job I will be VERY surprised.

If you seek those types of jobs you need either training for medical transcription OR you need to create your own opportunity =].

Good luck.

Matt

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Data Entry is really affiliate programs and I will have to disagree with you on this one.

When someone asks for a one time payment for a product that will help you to earn an income online, that does not mean that it is a scam.

If you were to go out and buy new shoes, and you had to pay money for it, does that make the store a scam? Come on.....

Too many people want free ways to make money online, and there are plenty of them around. When they have to pay a small fee, they think that it is a scam.

If you are going to make money online then you will need to spend money to make money. PERIOD.

Shellon likes this.
  4. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

Matt Zenittini: If you find a legitimate work from home typing job I will be VERY surprised.

If you seek those types of jobs you need either training for medical transcription OR you need to create your own opportunity =].

Good luck.

Matt
    Matt good post. Home typist like envelope stuffing jobs are almost always scams.

Mark

5. Casper

Casper New Member

All I can say is tread with caution I've looked at quite a few of these programs & every time I've researched a particular site it has turned out to be a scam.

6. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

True data entry positions are very difficult to find. The best advice I can give you is never pay an up front fee. If they ask for money, it is probably a scam.

You may want to consider looking into transcription. There seem to be work at home opportunites in that area.

7. Dimasalang

Dimasalang New Member

Well there are sites that offers Data Entry jobs that are legitimate and is not requiring you to pay for it. Try oDesk. It has a lot of work from home jobs and one of those is Data Entry. You'll have to apply for the job to get hired.

For more tips and to know more about oDesk visit this blog:

odeskfreelance.wordpress.com

and the oDesk website:

www.odesk.com

I have been paid working as Data Entry on oDesk. [​IMG]

8. Dominique

Dominique New Member

No I don't think those are legitimate try maybe homejobstop.com you pay fo ra lifetime membership to verified real jobs

9. BRobins

BRobins New Member

There isn't a lot of money to be made in data entry. If you want my advice, try something else.

And as one of the previous posters said, if you want to make good money, then you will need to spend a little bit first. That's the reality of it.

10. Seth

Seth New Member

stay away from data entry jobs, most of them are scams.

11. MarketLifelines

MarketLifelines New Member

I have been a victim of many scams and have now developed an almost instinctive turn-off when I encounter one.

This site presents itself like a scam. While I agree that paying a one off fee upfront is not necessarily a pointer to a scam, most of those that ask for money as you join are scams.

For a work-at home program, I would never expect anyone to charge for registration. There are other ways through which they can make money off you such as charging a commission on your earnings or a membership fee once you have made some money.

The type of work also elicits scam-like behavior. Stuffing of envelopes is a very over-used scam that should simply turn someone off immediately.

I do not like the way it promises heaven for little work. This is the number one mark for scams.

I would simply advise that you follow your instinct. I would never use it.

12. jenni2010

jenni2010 New Member

Yeah its probably just a scam, most "online jobs" are.

13. Jtnz1

Jtnz1 New Member

Hi there, I haven't had anything to do with the opportunity your looking at but I guess it would be like most other income opportunities that are out there.

Before joining these types of programs just ask yourself if your going to able to resell the opportunity. Do a little research like you are here.

I started working online selling the data entry opportunity and made some really good money but I think these days that opportunity has gotten a bad name and many people don't bite anymore.

You can sell anything online these days and it seems as tho many people are doing just that! Boy have I seen some very lucrative ways of making money online but it comes back to wether or not others would buy into it.

If you think opps. that ask for a start up cost are off putting then chances are that others will view the opp. the same way.

14. ram002

ram002 New Member

There are a lot of data entry work from home jobs out there. You just learn how to determine the legitimate jobs online to land on the right jobs.

15. Megze

Megze New Member

I am a member of from home data entry.com and would love to know if Redfirephoenix joined the site? I bought my first set of 100! assignments and have completed 50 assignments so far. You earn $10 per assignment. I am thinking of giving this up, it is way too boring. I will let you know if I got paid and if it's as scam or not.

16. ram002

ram002 New Member

You should be very careful also if you are looking for data entry jobs. Data entry is a big industry now, with more and more people looking for data entry jobs and the need of many companies for this type of job, it's not a surprise if a lot of scammers might take advantage of this scenario.

17. al99

al99 New Member

Many so called jobs are usually thinly disguised business opportunities.

The ad makes out that you will be working a job but the reality usually is that you are doing affiliate marketing.

They never tell you about the knowledge required to make this work nor the ongoing cost of advertising.

Be vary wary, ask yourself what exactly is the job they are offering?

18. maree43

maree43 New Member

I'm used to be data entry operator in real life and have looked and looked at these opportunities...yet to find one [​IMG]

19. freebird658

freebird658 Member

Most so-called "data entry" or as they are sometimes called "email processing" Jobs that I have seen (I fell for a few of them years ago), require you to pay them a fee and you basically place ads everywhere for various companies and if they make a sale from from one of your ads you get paid a small percentage or a set amount. Of course you generally have to create the ad yourself, incur the ad costs and let's not forget the time you have to invest placing these ads and there is no guarantees that you will earn anything.

You would do much better if you joined Commission Junction or Linkshare as a free affiliate and you can work for yourself choosing from a HUGE choice of big name companies you can advertise and earn various commissions from the sales. This way your not paying anyone to sell their products.

Penny

20. kadtre

kadtre New Member

Dominique
    do u currently work homejobstop now