Work At home Ideas please

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by monusonu, May 23, 2011.

1. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Hi friends,

I was working as a java programmer one year ago.To take care of kids studies and house I resigned. Now due to some debt I need some money.

I am thinking about work at home online businesses , so that I can take care of kids and earn money.

I am hard worker and interested in learning new things.

I thought of developing a website for ad sense .But don't know how much success I will get from that. Even in freelance work a lot of experience people are there and don't know where and how to start ?

Totally co-fussed. Last one month I am searching in the internet. Read that there are lot of scams .

Lot of experienced people are here.

Thanks

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

monusonu: I thought of developing a website for ad sense .But don't know how much success I will get from that.
    That's what I do - it takes awhile to get it built up but I do make a nice adsense check every month, along with affiliate commissions from other sites besides adsense... once your site gets enough traffic to make adsense money, it will also make you affiliate sales.

I recently added two more websites so I am busier than I want to be some days, but it is absolutely possible to make a decent income from adsense, if you give it enough time.[​IMG]

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Meera,

Building a good website is one of the best work at home ideas around, in my opinion. Like Viola said, it doesn't happen over night, but it does work when you put the effort in.

You describe yourself as a hard worker, so you should have no problem at all understanding that building a genuine online business takes time and hard work, not like so many of the claims by the "scams" you mentioned online - there ARE a ton of those to avoid. [​IMG]

Adsense is just one option when you have a website. It's a good one, but don't go into the web building process with "Adsense" in mind.

Instead, think about what kind of information you can provide to people on a subject that you know or love. How can you add value to the internet by helping people find what they are searching for?

Content is the first ingredient in building a successful website business. Quality content (presented correctly for the search engines) brings in free targeted traffic. That means visitors searching for exactly what you are providing.

Once they arrive at your website, that's when you can either presell to them (affiliate products or services) or sell to them (if you have your own product or service).

It's NOT overly difficult, but it IS definitely an effort. If you can put the time and effort in, it's very worth doing!

Blessings,
    Angie

4. Solace17

Solace17 New Member

monusonu
    Hi, They say to not put all your eggs in one basket. A few things have worked for me. Userlytics which is website testing is good. Also doing micro jobs is also good to get paid per task. Good luck![​IMG]

5. rosebud

rosebud New Member

Building and promoting websites will take time. So, if you need money quickly one option is to offer a service of some sort. Have a look at Fiverr.com for ideas of what you might be able to offer for sale.

6. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Hi friends,

Thanks a lot for nice informations. Yes i understand that earning money from adsense need a lot of time. Which one I can earn more ? blog or website ? suggestions pls....
    thank you happywife and mountainmom5 ...

Thank you Solace17 for the idea of micro jobs which is new idea to me.Can you pls suggest me the site which is not scam.

Thank you rosebud ,Fiverr.com for ideas....

7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

monusonu: Which one I can earn more? blog or website?
    I would say website, but that usually takes a small investment to learn to do it right. It all depends on your personal situation, I suppose.

Blessings,
    Angie

8. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Designing a website is not a big problem to me since my background is somewhat related to that.

Any other suggestion other than adsense is highly welcome.

I need some little money immediately at least my pocket money,

Thank you happywife ...

Regards
    Meera

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

monusonu: I need some little money immediately at least my pocket money,
    Have you tried writing for money? Over at the digital point forum there are always jobs available where you can write articles for instant cash.

otherwise when I need instant money I go yard saleing and sell stuff on Ebay.[​IMG]

10. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Hi mountainmom5,

Thanks for digital point forum

Regards
    Meera

11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The best way to earn good money online is to sell other people's products for a commission. I am referring to affiliate programs that can pay you not only once, but every month.

You can also look into MLM online which is another great way to earn money.

12. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Hi talfighel,

I don't have much contacts for MLM ....

Thanks

13. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Fiverr can be a great place to pocket some cash for your skills. I've used services there. Once you established yourself it can keep you busy it appears.

Also just outsourcing your skills. Heck I've been wanting a website blog designed for a long time. I know how but haven't had the time, so the demand is there.

Maybe I can call mountain mom and get a hook up with her proven success record [​IMG] I'll take a bigger adsense check and more affiliate commission on autopilot. How much you charging for your services mountain mom???[​IMG]

Networking marketing is the way to go, ultimately in my book. Nothing beats leveraging your time and money.

14. mase661

mase661 New Member

Like FreeCashMan said you can try fiverr to get some of the work done. They do have good people who can hook you for $5.

15. Orange05

Orange05 New Member

Or if you were thinking about selling other people's products didn't know if you would be interested in selling Scentsy? If you were unaware of it, it is the new safe Wickless Candle. I have only been selling it for almost a year but it's nice to make a little extra money at the end/beginning of the month.

16. Stephen Hanover

Stephen Hanover New Member

Online employee? May take months to land a job. Pay may be relatively low, but secure.

Freelancing? As a java programmer, you could post your profile to a bunch of sites. Some may have a monthly fee. You may start landing jobs in a shorter period than finding a job as an employee, but it won't really take off until you build a loyal clientele base. Projects are per auctions too, so at the beginning you may need to bid too low ... (?odesk, mturk, elance, getacoder, rentacoder)

Own Biz? Lots of possibilities (e.g., T-shirt sales on eBay) but online affiliate marketing may be best for you long term. Coding background will help in site design, but other disciplines required (e.g., sales writing, understanding affiliate products, doing traffic generation, keyword research). Long term potential after learning curve and cumulative effort. Training helpful.

17. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

You can start writing reviews on products if your website is not ready. You won't make much in the beginning but it's a start of something to get comfortable selling something online. When your site is ready, then you can start promoting products from different affiliate programs. Hope that helps!

18. thrifty

thrifty New Member

If you are not scared to actually do some real work and simply get paid by the hour, then give teaching Japanese students English conversation classes using Skype online a go. I have half a dozen students that I teach each week and it gives me a stable online income. Students are really easy to get as I found all my students at a Japanese site called speakeikaiwa.com. It is free to upload your profile and the site is really easy-going and it lets you charge whatever you want for your lessons.

If you have never taught before don't worry too much as it really isn't a situation where you need to teach anything as most of the students just want a conversation partner and a little guidance when it comes to their pronunciation. If you are just starting out there is also a tutorial on how to teach online English classes at a site called conversationarena.com and it is free to download.

you won't get rich but I find it to be stable weekly income and it was really easy to get started, unlike most of the other online income alternatives.

19. priceworthy

priceworthy New Member

monusonu hello .. I can tell you one thing you must know befor you start any program ... it has to have a product that will sell without any hipe ..meaning it must be a product that people want and also it must be a product that can go with the times and totally capture the thoughts of a person in less than a blink of an eye .. That's why there is a 98 % failure rate within 5 years for most online businesses. They don't have such a product ..So you have to choose wisely what to spend your time or money on
    It can be a daunting task to find such a product but as you know and can find easily ... You will so very well be placed in top of the hill !!!

20. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

thrifty: speakeikaiwa.com
    Thanks Thrifty, I know several people who might enjoy doing that.