Work at home jobs

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Jillah, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Jillah New Member

Hello colleagues,

I would like you to help me. I come from Tanzania. A country which is ranked to be among the poorest in the world. Despite being a low class citizen, I tried for two years buying e-books and programs from the internet to work at home and see whether I could change my life. Unfortunately I have ended up not earning even a cent. Please can a God fearing colleague help me out? I now am in arrears with my rent and my only daughter has been sent home from school due to unpaid fees. Please I beg you since am redundant.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Have you tried kgb.com? I have a local friend that was making money with them but said they are mostly hiring out of the UK right now... it doesn't pay much but still helps.[IMG]
  3. Jillah New Member

Hello,

I have surfed through the above kgb.com but they are talking of answering questions there is nothing like working from home. Would someone suggest me another option?
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

You work from home answering questions for kgb.com [IMG]

But it may not be right for you - we all do a variety of things from home on this forum so someone may have another suggestion for you. my stuff is all in my sig as far as what I do so am not going into detail here.

Good luck!
  5. mikeherman New Member

You should look into outsourcing groups like elance.com and others where you bid on jobs for other (ie. writing articles, and many, many other jobs,,,, all on your computer)
  6. happywife Gold Member

Hi Jillah,

Are you able to have a paypal account? I'm not sure whether or not they are in your country. If they are, and you can have a paypal account that is able to receive incoming payments, there are several places that you can look for work from home opportunities.

Some were mentioned already, but there are places like odesk.com, vworker.com, etc., where you can write articles for people on topics that they give you. Fiverr.com is also a place to offer your services.

Hope that helps and that you will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Blessings,
    Angie
  7. Jillah New Member

Hi Angie,

In our country Tanzania, you are able to have a paypal account but you can't recieve money directly. I already have an account though it is dormant since I have never got any online jobs.

Lety me try those sites you've noted above and comeback to you.

Regards

Jibril
  8. happywife Gold Member

Hi Jibril,

That's a big plus if you can receive money into your paypal account. I'm not familiar with the cost of living in Tanzania. How much do you need to make per month (in US dollars) to meet your expenses?

Blessings,
    Angie
  9. Jillah New Member

Angie,

Our country is rated as one of the poorest but it has all the minerals that could have pushed it to a middleclass country. the USD trades at 1USD = TZS 1,530. my monthly expenditure is always USD 330.

That's exactly although at times it exceeds.

Blessings

Jibril
  10. happywife Gold Member

Hi Jibril,

I responded to your private message, but I thought I would go ahead and answer you hear also, with some editing to stay within the forum rules. [IMG]

I'm sorry that your country has been put into such an unfair position. This world is full of so many problems as the result of the sin and the greed of men. I will be glad when the Lord Jesus returns and the world is ruled in righteousness. [IMG]

Earning $330 per month is quite possible online. There are different ways of achieving that over the short term and then over the long term to make much more than that.

It sounds like you need immediate income to get you out of a bind. In that case I would suggest you start with article writing (or if you have another skill that you could market like programming, etc.) so that you can get paid immediately for work completed.

I would then suggest that after you get out of the initial financial crisis you are in and are able to make a little beyond your necessities, that you use it to begin writing for yourself and build a website about something you know about.

That's where the long term income comes from. The trouble with that route is that it takes time to build, so you put in most of the work up front and then get paid over and over again for it down the road.

When and if you are ready to try that, I would encourage you to use SiteBuildIt to learn how to build your website properly. They are the best and that's how I learned from knowing absolutely nothing to running a few successful websites.

I can tell by your writing style that you are well educated and I think you can do very well for yourself online if you are willing to put in the effort and find the right path for you.

Blessings,
    Angie
  11. Jillah New Member

Hi Angie,

I have just read your reply and would really like to thank you for your advice.

I will try all those means that you've told me.

In regards to my skills, I formally worked as a reporter, sub Editor and finally a Sports and Entertainment Editor with one of a leading newspaper but later fell short with the owner.

I have also consulted for various magazine so writing articles is not a problem though where to post them.

Blessings

Jibril
  12. happywife Gold Member

That experience will definitely be beneficial to you in becoming a freelance writer online.

Apart from writing for individuals like myself, some people find that writing for sites like hubpages.com where I believe you can earn a small income based on the number of views your articles receive, etc.

I haven never gone down that path, so I can't provide much in the way of detail, but I believe others have done so. Having looked at some of the comments from those who have done this, the emphasis is on SMALL income.

In my opinion, that's not the best use of your time in the long run, but again, it may be a helpful short term solution to your cash flow needs. But they may even have a payout threshold that would mean it won't help in the short term either.

Sorry, that's not very positive, but our earlier conversation about writing for odesk.com or fiverr.com or for individuals would be much more practical, as you will be paid per job.

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. Dcharles New Member

Hey man that suck you spent 2 years buying programs ,i went tho a lot of programs but now I'm a part of a wonderful club what looks after me and i am doing grate business online..hope it looks up for you soon
  14. onthego New Member

Hi, Jibril

Really sorry to hear about your circumstances. On the plus side though, it looks like you have a wealth of experience & should do really well.

Angie's advise is great - hopefully if you go down the article writing initially it will bolster your confidence & see what is possible out there on the internet.

Yes, time is of the essence but if you can, build up gradually & learn how much can be done on the internet. It really is the world at your fingertips!

Also, a great piece of advise that comes through time & time again on this forum from people working successfully at home, is developing something that they are passionate & enthusiastic about. From reading their posts, it seems to transpire that their success comes more quickly. Could be wrong but that is how I read it.

It speeds up the process in a sense! Have you any ideas?
  15. FreeCashMan Active Member

Since in most cases, for someone facing such an immediate income crisis, building up a nice 3 figure monthly residual cashflow online takes some time and learning relative to how much time one puts in, and what computer skills they have, the hard truth is that your immediate solution is likely not in an online business venture particularly affiliate marketing type stuff.

Even assuming you can write articles pushing out $300 dollars worth starting out could be a big challenge.

Now that's the sad news. The good news is once you avert your crisis there are viable solutions for earning $330 in monthly residual and more that would make you well off in your country.

I think there is no other better option than to tap into a business opportunity that can and will establish you monthly residual income. Affiliate marketing is nice and there is money to be made there, but I would not suggest locking yourself into just affiliate marketing.

Wisdom says build a business that will pay you when you can't work it, rather for a short time or walkaway. That is done with the power of a networking home business.