Work at home opportunities.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Winston Moven, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Winston Moven

Winston Moven New Member

Although I am young, I happen to be pretty old school when it comes to employment. I am use to working a set schedule with a certain number of hours with an hourly rate. For people like me, I fill out an application and hope for an interview. Working from home requires an entirely different approach.

I was just wondering, are there any positions you can do at home that pays you an hourly rate? How do you find these positions?

swapna likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Customer Service seems to be a big work at home area. Check various work at home forums, sites, etc. for postings. There are some work at home forums, sites, etc. out there that are updated pretty regularly.

3. Winston Moven

Winston Moven New Member

I do appreciate your advice, but it's pretty vague. You are right customer service is huge when it comes to the "work at home" arena, but that's the problem. Customer service is not a job opportunity, it is a job field.

I did a google search with these exact words "customer service at home jobs" and I read through most of the links. None of them offer an hourly pay scale. Nearly all of them offer commission, or a performance based pay scale.

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Location matters in some cases...
    Amazon pays hourly for customer service from home,
    IF you live in Arizona, Washington, or Oregon.
    Some companies are more flexible about location.

BusinessIdeas and nandele like this.
  5. Winston Moven

Winston Moven New Member

Thanks. I will look into the work at home opportunities provided by Amazon

6. Lorraine Pierce

Lorraine Pierce New Member

I can't help you much. Hourly jobs suck from my point of view. But if that's what you like, then definitley check with major online retailers about customer service jobs.

Angie Hill likes this.
  7. Merrill

Merrill New Member

I've found that you can also do affiliate marketing with Amazon. I have seen people who have had lucrative opportunities doing that. The only drawback is, you would have to build a website. The designing can even be outsourced at a cheap rate.

8. Lorraine Pierce

Lorraine Pierce New Member

Yup...being an affiliate can be lucrative...but then you need to either be in with a system in place or be an expert marketer.
    That's why I'm with Dubli, I'm an affiliate of them and they are affiliates of 4,000 stores. So much easier that way! LoL

payment proof likes this.
  9. WorkinMomma

WorkinMomma New Member

Hey there! I read your post... finding work at home jobs can be a frustrating and tedious task... I personally have an online business and work for myself. But until I took the Leap of Faith and began this career I to was searching for hourly online jobs.. Here's a list of some I found, that are 100% Honest, work from home jobs; full or part-time and pay between 10.00-15.00/hour.
    -Alpine Access
    -Arise
    -LiveOps
    -West At Home
    -Cloud 10

The majority of these Companies are Call Center Agents, not Marketing... Hope this helps. Best of luck to you! If you decide these don't work out or you want more income let me know and I will be happy to tell you more about what I do. :)

10. hugservant

hugservant New Member

As i have said on the other thread. You can check out elance for tons of home based jobs. There are employers who also offer you a flexible time of work. sound great right? you can check it out.

11. you can do affiliate marketing without a website, all you need is a domain name, after all your sending traffic to there website, thank you

12. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I totally agree with you on that.

I would rather look for some sort of an online business like affiliate marketing.

13. Chris Del

Chris Del New Member

I would say telecommuncation jobs start off at the office but then you can be eligible to work at home after a certain time. Some companies give you the choice to work at the office one week and the other week at home. I know they do that with a company in Canada called TELUS. They pay well too. Other hourly jobs online are mostly independent contract positions that pay about $13/hour.

But I agree with affiliate marketing, so much more profitable. A learning curve at first indeed, but once you understand it your income is going to explode! :)

14. Donella

Donella New Member

WAHM Revolution (I think that's the name of the blog) provides job leads every day, and many of them are hourly because they're call center jobs. Usually these involve taking customer orders, providing troubleshooting/support, or conducting surveys or asking for donations. I post a weekly roundup on Fridays, too. Hope that helps.

15. triciab

triciab New Member

This question is somewhat vague because no one knows what you are capable of doing. What are your skills? There are may freelance websites like Odesk, freelancer ad Guru that offer the "hourly pay," option. And or you can look into customer service jobs from home that pay you hourly. There are SO MANY different jobs you can do but it's really all about what you are capable of doing.

If anything just start with one company and see where it takes you: Alpine Access:sneaky:

16. Joanne Turgeon

Joanne Turgeon New Member

ratracerebellion.com has a bunch of work from home opportunities that are hourly

YAGOOFT and payment proof like this.
  17. bosslady2013

bosslady2013 New Member

Alpine express and Teletech are actual work from home positions. Good Luck :)

18. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Years ago there were hourly positions you could do from home, my neice did debt collection for years for a doctors office on an hourly basis. These days it is more often based on contract at flat rate per diem, or per call you make.

Success to all,

19. bosslady2013

bosslady2013 New Member

Those are actually hourly positions.

20. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

The call center jobs used to require a separate land line. Does anyone know if they still require that, or do they use the online services? I used to clean house for a guy that did various jobs like that, and he had to be at his computer for the hours he worked.... RIGHT there, just as if he had a normal desk job. The beauty of it was that he could be at home, in his own office rather than having to deal with the corporate world, so I know it's totally possible to do this kind of thing.

I like to work with people too much so I have my home based business, do some blogging etc, but also do waitressing as I need to be out and about with people to keep my energy tank filled. lol :D

Just2EZ likes this.