Work at home opportunities.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Winston Moven, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Carlleen

Carlleen New Member

What do you do for your home based
    What do you do for your home based business, is it blogging?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am a distributor with Natures Pearl.

3. Most office jobs can be done remotely and some employers seek out work from home employees. Others are more traditional. You may have to apply for a job before you can find out if it can be done from home.

Create a resume where you put your objective is providing your services to an employer while working from home. You could also include this info on a formal application.

I would avoid jobs you know cannot be done from home.

4. Culin

Culin New Member

You can try web design and development jobs,some of them have hourly payments.
    But even so,if you did not know you can earn very big with pay per download,some people average as high as over $1500 in a week or two depending on your time investment and effort.

5. johnmethew

johnmethew New Member

I totaly agree with Merrill ..If you wish to work at home and increase you earning you have to enter this platefrom and have to show your skills ..

6. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

As to jobs you can work from home, I feel this niche is going to explode over the next couple years once we see the economy get worse and worse. We have already seen that the average family has lost over $5000. in income over the past five years, and getting worse as companies are cutting back to under 30 hours to survive this obamacare mess. With businesses trying to survive, not thrive, things have changed drastically over the past decade. More and more companies will simple contract out work avoiding the growing expense of healthcare and more and more regulations.

Look at the bright side, there will be more part time jobs over the next decade than ever before, but far less fulltime jobs, never mind good paying jobs which is also shrinking every year. Sadly, with current U.S. debt, and getting worse, not better, states near bankruptcy, fake unemployment numbers trying to hide how severe our economic picture is, I feel terrible for our children who will not be left a better world, but a massive depression at this rate of decline.

The federal reserve just announced they were going to raise interest rates having kept the faux economy barely alive with cheap money, but banks are not lending for homes, so once the real economic figures are realized, and next wave of foreclosures hit the middle class, which is already happening, the first wave were those who were offered mortgages even if they were unemployed, barely required to fog a mirror, so with this wave costing hundreds of billions in lost home equity, now the middle class is about to face the same dilemma as incomes have come down, interest rates going up, this next wave will impact all of us once again as home equity vanishes. Gov. is talking about bringing back easy mortgages which is what destroyed economy to begin with, so you know gov. is desperate to keep fooling WE THE PEOPLE.

Simply put, more and more part time home bases jobs will increase, and so too will the demand as I have seen. Posts like this are all over the internet, so supply and demand rules, few will pay over minimum wage for these home based jobs. I have a friend who runs employment agency, so the facts are clear, wages are coming down and once you see this trend as she has with very few companies looking for full time employees, just minimum wage part timers, this is not a good sign. And as she made clear, cycles last a decade or longer when it comes to jobs, either rise or fall, it has been consistent over past three decases in the employment agency industry.

The good thing is more people will realize that starting their own home business is what makes more sense, and given this is a rising trend, more companies will convert to this model over time, just as many have already. Network and direct marketing is growing at record pace companies look to reduce their distribution costs without the headaches and cost of providing mandatory health care along with other benefits we all came to expect in the job markets over the years. Pensions, good luck, 401K, deminishing trend is clear, so unless you do something now to prepare for the future, you will become near worthless in the job markets. Let this be a wake up call for all the procrastinators or clueless masses who are not paying attention. Welfare and food stamps have exploded over the past six years. Unemployment benefits are running out for millions, then what? WAKE UP AMERICA, start your own business before your neighbors do.

Success to all,

payment proof likes this.
  7. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

I'm a part time graphic designer and I'm learning web design at the moment. I started on oDesk and Elance, and now I want to discover more similar sites, preferably with a big client community.

8. Popche

Popche Member

There are many work from home opportunities, pick one.
    For example you can try out blogging, marketing, freelancing, simple tasks. There are a lot of ways that you can work from home pick one.

9. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just happen to fall into the perfect niche. I tried several different things when I first started and the free money making niche seemed like a good fit. I've been with it ever since.

YAGOOFT likes this.
  10. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Agreed, too many have started their first home businesses with a rather large start up cost, and as I have researched, most lose their money. Best to focus on free to start businesses to start, live and learn, then you can feel more confident you can see success with larger ticket businesses. Pay to play is only for the experienced as I see it, and some free to start businesses can set you free, they may take a little longer, but without the higher risk, and since most people are not sales oriented, starting out trying to sell an over priced product or service is just too difficult for most newbies.

It is best to start with free business opportunities, and then add to your portfolio as you become more experienced and have built a customer list of satisfied buyers. Many have stated that the big ticket sales are more profitable, and for the experienced, this may be true, but for most, it isn't, and that can kill the incentive to continue when you face too much rejection when starting. Human nature is such that when most get the first no, they quit. Seen it over and over again, only experience teaches us to expect rejection at a ratio of 9 out of every 10 prospects will say no. Free businesses which focus on high demand low cost exclusive niche is what I suggest you start out with.

Success to all,

11. Popche

Popche Member

There are many opportunities you have to pick one. Find something you have passion about.

12. homebusinessman

homebusinessman New Member

Many companies now are having people actually work out of their homes. They have a computer or they process paper work or other activities directly related to that business. I would assess my skills. What have I done in the past and what is my education level. I would then contact past employers to see if they could use your skills as an independent contractor. You can sign on with several companies like that. Your employment agency or chamber of commerce will have a list of companies to call. Then you can find out what companies really want out of 'at home workers' and enhance your skill level to meet the demand.

13. Jan Morgan

Jan Morgan New Member

I have done pretty much everything and so far the best at home jobs have been Upwork and Guru. I do other referrals and epoll and so far they all have worked for me. I am a mother of 3 supplementing my husband income, so I really do not waste my time on jobs or programs that are a waste of time. Do your home work and research is another good tip. I hope this help. :)

14. AMB711

AMB711 New Member

I worked for Alpine Access (which now goes under the name of SYKES, and loved my experience. They pay for training, they pay on time and they are great people to work with.

15. CristinaRogers

CristinaRogers New Member

Freelance writing work can be a great way to earn some money from the comfort of your home.You can earn money by writing content for online publications, blogs and website content.There are many jobs but it can be difficult to find legitimate writing jobs.You can join online marketplace where you can connect with clients having content writing needs.

16. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

17. TniComRec

TniComRec New Member

teleNetwork offers all of the above and benefits! Apply! www.telenetwork.com/apply

Must live in one of the following states:

Alabama
    Arizona
    Colorado
    Florida
    Georgia
    Kansas
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Wyoming

18. mupegasus

mupegasus New Member

What are you good in? I would rather recommend you to be a blog writer? Article translator? If you are good in it, the position is quite on demand in fact.

19. Kyla Swann

Kyla Swann New Member

For me I am a GO getter, love being on my own, working hard and seeing results, and absolutely LOVE working from home. There is an opportunity to make your own hours or to work on a more relaxed schedule - whichever works best for you. Working from home has been SUCH A BLESSING for me because I have had the opportunity to grow my business at my pace and not have someone always looking over my shoulder.

Whatever you do make sure it's something you love. I read something the other day that went into detail on how much time we spend at our "job". That it's more than even family time so if you're doing something you don't love it's such a sad thing. Life is short & we will never get a chance to live out our dreams so make the best out of it!! Hope this advice helps someone!!