Work At Home, please help... Where shall I star???

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by jessiepinkie, Apr 12, 2011.

1. jessiepinkie

jessiepinkie New Member

Hello everyone,
    I am Jessie 27 year's old mum with 1 year old son and currently sitting at home and looking after my baby. Since I have to stay at home and cannot work, I started looking into work from home opportunities, but I am a bit confused as what I have read so far on the net seems to be real or scam. There are some things that I have found that seem to be ok, but I don't really have computer skills as many out there and as far as I understand the best jobs are marketing, data entry or telesales. The rest require too much skills [​IMG]
    I have found couple of telesales job offers but I am a bit shy on talking to stranger through the phone. So plus I don't know if the company is legit or not, maybe someone can help me?
    Here is the company that I found on Craigslist which looked very interesting, here is the link to the ad:
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/biz/2315744285.html
    So I went to the site and read about the whole thing and it seemed very interesting, but I have not yet applied and wanted to ask question here, maybe someone already worked with them or can tell me something about telesales and what are the pros and cons.
    Here is direct link to their site, it seems that they are work agency of some sort, but for now only having that telesales job:
    http://www.paycheckunltd.com/job-offers/telemarketing-eng-sp-both
    So please if anyone can help me to get some idea if I should signup and do telesales, that would be really great.

2. sidramalik100

sidramalik100 New Member

Well jessie i will give you one suggestion that you should do work on Google adsence and they are givine a lot and their is no scam and people are earning a lot of income through the google adsence . you just need to make a blog and after approval add adsence,s add and then your earning income will be start .

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I do know you can do tele-sales as there are people all over the world that work for tv ad stuff... I would be very hesitant to pay out anything in order to work as a telemarketer unless it is for something like an extra phone line which you usually have to invest in I believe, or maybe they let you work with internet phones now.

I had a friend that worked as a tele-sales person and all her calls were incoming so she never had to call anyone - just process orders for tv ads, etc.

I never did it as I had kids and they didn't want background noise, but if you do it, just remember this about the person on the other end of the phone:

1)They don't have a clue who you are!
    2)They can't reach thru the phone to strangle you!
    3)They are real people and most of the time they like to talk.
    4)Just pretend they are someone you know.[​IMG]

Cheers! [​IMG]

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Jessie,

Welcome to the forum. You have made a great decision in joining.

I am not too sure how well you will do with being a telemarketer from home, but if they want to charge you a fee to work for them, then you will know that it is probably a scam.

There are so many good and solid ways to make money online. One of the is by far the best way to go and it is called affiliate programs and/or MLM online.

What ever you get involved in, I wish you lots of success and I hope that you do find what you are looking for.

Take care.

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Save your money on that, as those things have been proven to be scams at worst, and crap for making money at best.

If you are new to home business just be sure that you find an opportunity that can help you get the support you need, along with a marketing plan to be successful.

There are hundreds to thousands to be monthly with the "right" home business.

6. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

If you're looking to work from home, start doing some paid surveys online. You won't be making much but at least it will get your feet wet in the online world. Or you can try doing some projects posted on odesk.com. They often offer jobs that don't really you to have technical skills. Once you feel comfortable with a few projects online, I would say create a free blog at blogger.com. Trust me, once you start playing with blogger interface, I doubt you'll find it hard to create your very first post. After that you can start monetizing with google adsense to earn some money.

lorraine Kud likes this.
  7. vlint623

vlint623 New Member

If you are looking into working at home you need to determine do you want a job or a business opp. Any business opp will require some sort of investment. A job should not. There are a lot of great opportunities out there. My tip look for one that has a product you can promote and be excited about that helps to over come the shy aspect. We all love to talk about our favs.

8. lemonknickers

lemonknickers New Member

A way to Start is on a site like eBay, you are more likely to SEE MONEY going into your bank and paying bills exchange cash for goods than "investing" it in somebody else's dream - most work at home jobs are class by tax man HOBBY jobs - i.e they don't earn enough to even pay tax.

You have a Baby - that makes you a MOM I'd recommend setting up a blog and connecting it to a moms network such as www.blogfrog.com there moms share coupons with each other and earn commissions.

lorraine Kud likes this.
  9. mbasa

mbasa Member

simpleflair
    I agree with the online paid surveys as a way to get you going. If you are a US citizen you are even more advantaged and likely to get surveys to complete. Some survey companies will pay you for referring members as well. The money may seem little in the beginning but the key is in the referrals (you will be building residual income).

10. audrey12

audrey12 New Member

Hi Jessie,
    Very good morning from Audrey here. Well you said you like to work from home. work from home options are multiple. I think you can go head and do micro jobs if you are interested. The logic behind this is simple, you can sell what all things you are passionate to do. It works out well for me. There are reliable site online like 3to30.com to do micro jobs.

11. Ron S

Ron S New Member

Identify your expertise, Find your niche. Beware of online scams, aware of online business opportunities and learn how to exploit them!

12. LisaEarns

LisaEarns New Member

Hey Jessie!!

Something that worked for me was joining the CashedUpMom.com newsletter - it's a free service that connects Moms all around the world with legitimate work from home jobs.

13. akashbora

akashbora New Member

My suggestion would be not to fal in such traps .. they might be real ! but i trust only Google ! ya that is Google adsense ! i have been with them since last 3 years and it is good !

[Link removed - Admin]

14. dosil

dosil New Member

Hello Jessie. I hope you're fine.

If you want a legit online job, you should consider working from home in a call center. There are a few companies that I know which offer this type of job. The working hours are flexible and the benefits are great.

Maybe, you should check them out and the link is in my signature.

15. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Joining this forum was a big step, you've probably already saved yourself money and time. The members of this forum are more than willing than help you out as you can see [​IMG]

16. gailj

gailj New Member

Great posts...lots of great ideas.
    Are you looking for a work at home job or business? The company I'm with is I think one of the best businesses today. You can create a great lifetime income stream by offering a service to individuals and families that NEED it. There a lot of stay at home moms who are very successful and are so willing to help everyone on the team to be successful. I love the idea of making an income from home and being able to help those in need. Just makes me feel good inside.

17. eyestar88

eyestar88 New Member

jessiepinkie
    Hey,
    I've been working from home for about 3 years now. I started because I got pregnant, and I just never returned to work because I loved working from home. I've worked for quite a few companies, so if you are still looking, you can email me if you like, and I will send you a list of companies that I have trust in. OH! another good way to make sure a company is legit, is to check out their ratings on the BBB. I hope that helps.
    All the Best,
    Tiffanie Ice[​IMG]

18. aw1219

aw1219 New Member

You could also try writing and blogging online. There are several legitimate places that will pay you for your content. You can write on any topic or subject and this job is in high demand on the internet today.

19. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

eyestar88
    Hi eyestar, I know how hard it can be to leave your young ones at home and go to work. Mine are all grown up now - with kids of their own, but I too chose to stay at home and look after them. It was great to be able to do that, but, financially it was very hard. You are very fortunate to be able to sit at home and make money. You can have the best of both worlds. I don't know quite what you are looking for - but if you are good at writing and academically inclined, you could try writing for companies like academia-research -- the pay is not too bad, but it can be quite stressful due to all the stipulations and time deadlines.

Or you could try and go to some of those pay for clicks joint - but i don't know how good they are.

Or, you could build your own business online. There is a wealth of information out there and you just need to reach out and grab it. Some of the good ones which I am involved with are free to join - and the information there would be worth a fortune if you went to a University to obtain it - but they give it to you free. However, along the way you will need to spend at least about 50 to 75 dollars a month on tools of the trade, if you want to build a strong and well-paying business in a short period of time. You could probably do it without spending anything but it would take time and a lot of effort. I for one, would rather spend a little bit and get a lot of help in its place.

All the best - if I can be of any help please feel free to contact me.

Ritu Anand

20. DugMg

DugMg New Member

jessiepinkie
    Hi Jessie,

I have one lead for you and it's not a MLM or anything (not that I'm not for doing business as one)

My niece works for Triple AAA as and dispatcher. They work from home. All you need is a good internet access. It's a real paid hourly job and paid by how many calls you handle. She's young (around your age) makes good money.

I will warn you though it's tough. You have to be online to take calls from the queue and your required to handle the call in the exact way they train you to and within the time frame set up. She can do 100 calls a shift (I think there 6 hours not sure) but it's a real job.

I can't in anyway help you but go to their site and apply. It will not cost you anything to find out or to work for them...

Good Luck with whatever you do...

Doug