work at home

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by rana, Jul 3, 2007.

1. rana

rana New Member

I'm a new mother and wanted to get started on a work at home business. I've looked but a lot of jobs out there are scams. I don't mind taking calls, but I do not want to sell. Dose anyone know of any work at home jobs or an online medical transcript school???

Please, please, please
    Let me know.

Thanks
    [email protected]

2. jlcurtis

jlcurtis New Member

I have also been searching for work at home opportunities so that I can make some extra money. I have just started paid surveys and have found a few companies that are free to sign up and send you a check depending on how many surveys you complete.

I have only been doing it for a short time, but it has been promising so far. CashCrate has been the most promising to date.

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

There are many work at home jobs available - LiveOps, Teletech, West, you have to start applying

4. demisub

demisub New Member

Unfornately most work from home job or opps do require some form of sales however it does not mean it has to be difficult. It has taken me sometime to find the right opportunity I take calls and I love it .

5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

For general transcription jobs, you need not have relevant experience

6. NervousNellie

NervousNellie New Member

But does anyone actually know how to get these transcription jobs?? I've been looking, but it seems almost impossible to find the legit ones. [​IMG]

7. hotboy18

hotboy18 New Member

The thing about the work at home jobs is that every wants one so when you apply for one you are on a waiting list and it could a long time to hear from them.

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

rana,
    I tried a few of the scams before I learned to build my own chocolate candy website. I don't have to take calls or sell. I just picked a subject that I really like (I love chocolate!) and built a website dealing with all different aspects of it, like recipes, gift ideas, fudge, fondue, gourmet, chocolate molds, etc. You get the idea.

If you have a hobby or interest or something you really enjoy, you could build your own online business instead of working for someone else. You can do it at your own pace and you can decide how you want to make money. You could just put Google ads or other advertisements on it and get commissions from that, or you could join a few related affiliate programs (I'm an affiliate with a number of chocolate candy sellers), and who knows you may eventually want to add selling stuff online (I still don't personally sell chocolate, but you never know - maybe one day).

Anyway, I just wanted to give you food for thought. It really is do-able, even if you don't have any experience. I had NONE. [​IMG]

I've made a couple of dollars doing paid surveys, but found it really wasn't worth my time. I like doing what I am doing now much better. I'm even about to launch another site on a completely different subject. [​IMG]

Don't fall for anything that promises quick riches and be sure there is a money back guarantee...

9. enoughjack

enoughjack New Member

does anyone know anything about working at home and doing data entry

10. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: NervousNellieBut does anyone actually know how to get these transcription jobs?? I've been looking, but it seems almost impossible to find the legit ones
    Accutran Global, Mountain West hire without experience, but you need to have a good typing speed

11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Don't give up on your dream!I did find a home business and I love it.I don't like sales either.Most home business opportunities will require an investment but be aware of the ones that want to charge you BEFORE they can tell you what it is that you will be doing!

12. cgmom

cgmom Member

Rana,

I was going to suggest West at Home agents, as well. Prior to starting my home businesses, I actually went through the training and testing required for them. It actually was a great program to be a part of. The only expense was a headset!! In the end, it wasn't what I was looking for as I wanted to be able to work with my son by my side, but if you are looking for a work from home job rather than a business, this one by far is the best in my opinion. Hope this helps and good luck in your search!!! God Bless!

13. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Quoting: happywifeDon't fall for anything that promises quick riches and be sure there is a money back guarantee...

Perhaps the best advice you can get on the subject. If you are JUST starting out I would suggest taking a look at all our Sigs and getting a feel for what is out there. Don't jump on anything up front, talk to the people trying to get you started in whatever you do. And if things don't feel right don't do it. There are free options out there as well you can email me if you'd like some examples. The data entry thing is good from home, a little difficult if you have kids and such.
    ALSO, if you are looking for something to make tons of money over night it most likely will not work out that way. Consider working from home a source of EXTRA income and not a SOLE source of income...at least not when first starting out or no doubt you will starve[​IMG]

Best of luck and post around a bit for questions on things you run into. From what I can tell about our illustrious forum members between a good lot of us there have been many a tried a tested MLMs,work from home ideas, and ther online money making avenues that you could avoid by just asking questions on this forum.

GOOD LUCK.

14. Chantelleh

Chantelleh New Member

As a work at home mom who's tried many different work at home programs including Herbalife and SMC I finally found one that works without having me do any door to door type selling. It's a new online business and marketing for it is easy. I just write articles and next thing I know I have traffic going to my site.

I hope all mom's in need of more money can find a great opportunity like this.

15. lulu83

lulu83 New Member

I'm in the same boat as you, and I do surveys for a little extra money. I've tried alot of them. I did a bunch at Cash Crate and never got paid [​IMG]. I found Treasure Trooper and they actually pay. I've received 4 checks from them now and will continue to do surveys there.

16. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

Congratulations on becoming a mom! It's the best ever! [​IMG]

There are many work at home jobs, but like someone above mentioned, alot of people are trying for them, so there can be a waiting list.

Keep in mind there are so many home businesses you can start working and start seeing profits almost immediately. I know because I'm involved in an explosive, viral type of business along with my main business. Keep looking and click on people's signatures. You'll find something that grabs you. Good luck!

17. affiliatesheree

affiliatesheree New Member

There really are a lot of scams out there. What I've found is that, if you want to do internet work at home business, you want to definitely have your own hosted website that you can build into whatever you need it to be.

There are, especially in the "work at home niche" a lot of "free website" offers out there. These are called "cookie cutter websites." What it means is that you and tons of other people have the exact same website. How are you going to get visitors and make money if you don't have anything unique to offer.

Once you have your website (mine was originally set up with [Link removed - Admin] because I didn't know how to build a website. That allowed me to take my time and learn how to transform the PIP site into my own creation.

If you're in the "work at home niche," you need to offer information before anything else. If you give your readers great content and helpful information (product reviews, opportunity reviews, tips, etc. that are true and from the heart) the rest will come, I promise.

So, in a nutshell,
    1. focus on keyword research in this highly competitive niche
    2. Make sure you have a lot of great content and not just copy and paste articles. I mean your experiences and information you've found through research.
    3. Optimize your web pages for search engines for targeted traffic
    4. Advertise first in the many free venues (blog, forums, squiddo, etc.) and advertise YOU, not the opportuity. Let them know that you have something useful to offer before trying to sell people something. That way you will end up with a list of people who trust you and the profits will come with that.

If you go about it this way, it's a lot of work. But, you will have a long lasting, profitable business that will last for years to come and it will be something you can be really proud of.

18. panzerswifey

panzerswifey New Member

There are alot of legitimate companies out there. I didnt pay to work for the company I work for. I do take calls. But its not for everyone.
    I really dont believe in paying for a job.
    I have been paid directly into my bank account.
    You might just wanna google work at home jobs.

19. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I'm with affiliatesheree. I'd like to add that each person should consider creating an entity such as an LLC to get tax write-offs. Each person should create a business plan, track campaigns, understand taxes, and html.

Newbie Shield

20. jschuman

jschuman New Member