Work From Home Is So Less Stressful than a 9-5 Job.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Newoak, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Newoak

Newoak Member

I notice that the rest of my family who go to work everyday are so much more stressed and tried than I am ever as I make my money from home, which allows me to stay up, wake up as late as I want as I can work at any time as the Internet never closes, BONAS!

Wouldn't you agree?

Are you in a similar situation? Or did I just get LUCKY?

Dereco Cherry likes this.
  2. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Same here, although I can't really say everything was rainbows and unicorns in the beginning. Working from home demands a lot of self discipline and introspection. It took me some time to get adjusted to the work style and routine and to learn to manage time properly but I can say I did it pretty well! :D

3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Getting pass the learning curve can be the most stressful stage for people who dare to make the transition from a 9-5 job to working-from-home. But for those who persist and succeed, the rewards are definitely worth the effort.

Hermas

4. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

5. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Working from home is great but people don't realize that it is "work"

6. Candicelllen

Candicelllen New Member

Sandra,

I found that when I first got started as well, it is all about routine and I thought I could work whenever I wanted. Which I do but I don't get distracted as easily, I have a plan of what to do the next day.

How do you manage your time? and tips or tricks you use?

SandraGJ likes this.
  7. David Waters

David Waters New Member

It is good working at home. The key is still treating it as a form or work. Ensure you need to do what you have to do.
    But, not driving to work. I already have saved 10 hours a week in driving, maybe another 1/2 per day getting ready to go to work and home arrival. So you not only saved maybe 8 hrs a day but 10 hrs.
    Its how you use these saved hrs the travel time is the key.
    With getting ready, travel and work, you lose 50 hrs per week.
    Once you get it right and maybe work less hours how much more spare time do you have from that 50 hrs above.
    Myself its about an extra 20 hrs sometimes 30.
    Its what you put into the beginning of it, how you promote, do what it takes and belief which will make you happy.
    I have no real intentions of been a millionaire, but the attitude to have want I need and now do what I want.

payment proof likes this.
  8. murdhar_rathore

murdhar_rathore New Member

Working from home has its benefits. You don’t deal with Chicago’s terrible expressway commutes every day. You don’t worry about what to wear. And in some cases, you can set your own hours.

9. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Yes the learning curve is what causes most people to quit, cause it gets to hard. Like you said those who persist will see the rewards on the other side.

10. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Well, to be honest, my productivity curve is pretty fuzzy. I still get distracted pretty easily (social media, phone, etc.) but I've learned to embrace it and control it. Good thing is that I usually get distracted for a couple of minutes every half an hour or so, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. I used to drink a lot of coffee when I had to get some serious work done but I stopped since it's not really healthy. In general, I think that once you notice you're slacking off, it's better to take a break for a couple of minutes and do something else, than to try to force yourself to work and probably mess something up.

11. Joshua Jennings

Joshua Jennings New Member

No distractions whatsoever. Working at home is a wonderful side business to supplement any job. Our logo design company is doing wonderfully well and we consistently provide value for our customers.

12. payment proof

Working in your pajamas or a pair of shorts is a blessing lol. :)

murdhar_rathore likes this.
  13. michellej

michellej New Member

I find it difficult working from home. I have to many distractions. I have a shop in my
    basement for my etsy shop, but I find myself bringing my crafts upstairs and working in the
    kitchen, then I hear the phone, family in and out, so something that should take me an hour now
    takes me to 2 hours. Starting this week I am working in my shop, I let everyone know that when
    I am in the shop do not bother me I am working. I set aside four hours a day to concentrate on
    my creations in the morning and the afternoon I concentrate on Avon.

A8ch likes this.
  14. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Careful planning, efficient time management and steadfast discipline are among the keys to avoiding stress in the work-at-home environment. Your plan to divide your time between your two interests is an excellent start. Now if you can muster the discipline to stick to the plan, you'll be surprised how much progress you'll make. Good luck!

Hermas

15. payment proof

Well said Hermas. :)

Careful planning, efficient time management and steadfast discipline, all essential.

16. murdhar_rathore

murdhar_rathore New Member

Working from home has its benefits. You don’t deal with a commute every day. You don’t worry about what to wear. And in some cases, you can set your own hours. But what are these jobs, and where can you find them? click here below.

17. Dean Fraser

Dean Fraser New Member

Working from home is great but I agree with a lot of the above, it still is work and you need to be roughness with time to get the results you want.

It's too easy for most people to procrastinate on FB and social media and do a lot of things which aren't helping build their business. The hardest part about working from home is staying focused on doing the small tasks which make you money consistently and avoiding getting caught up in all the nonsense like perfecting the header of your FB page for 5 hrs.

18. Rondell Savage

Rondell Savage New Member

It basically depends on a person's discretion, their mindset and the level of work. While some find it less stressful than doing a regular job from 9-5 others do not agree to the concept thoroughly since for them doing online jobs is only a great way to add extra income to the expenses.

19. Class4Real

Class4Real New Member

The internet can be a wonderful instrument when used correctly as you've just highlighted, and among many other opportunities it gives us, working from home has to be one of the best.

I agree, I have seen many people stressing to make it to the train or bus in time to get to their 9-5 and stressing when they get stuck in traffic. Having a home business has many more benefits, one of them being able to cut the above out - it truly does allow you to become a master of your own environment !

20. payment proof