Working at home. Just getting started!!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JODAD, Jun 30, 2014.

1. JODAD

JODAD New Member

Today June 30th I've officially started my quest at working from home. Its going to be very interesting in creating a schedule as no one else is going to be bossing me around any longer! That is a blessing for me. I felt this has been coming for such a long time and so did my wife. Every month at work I was held to some unbelieveable standards that I dreaded going to work and having to meet their expectations. I really have had a good start with my business with my wife but truly feel I need some good advise from others who have been successful already and may shed some light on what they have done to streamline their HBB. I continue to work with others in this area within the city I live and have to go back to some of the ABC's at times what has got me to where I am now! Please share with me what has made you success or not so successful so I can pick and chose that I may develop and strong foundation for my future! Thanks
    payment proof likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

For me, it took trying different things in the beginning and finding something I really enjoy. It also takes hard work, dedication, and learning about the basics such as SEO and other ways to get quality traffic.

Congrats on taking the first step JODAD and best wishes on your success. :)
    A8ch likes this.
  3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Welcome to the forum, JODAD!

It's the cumulative impact of several little things that will pave the way towards success. And those "little" things don't happen all at once, or even in an orderly sequence. Somehow though, when you have clearly identified your direction, it becomes easier for you to find the right resources, tools and people who can help.

Along the way you will have doubts and fears, but eventually you'll learn that those emotions are normal. You'll simply have to figure out ways to overcome those doubts and fears in order to advance to the next stage. Very often that's the only way to break through. Just do it!

Study and understand everything you can about your business. Knowledge is power! When you know and understand what you are doing, it's much easier to take calculated risks because you'll only move on something when you have done the numbers and they are in your favor.

Be persistent. Be prepared for surprises. Roll with the punches... and most of all, have fun! The journey is usually more exciting than the destination.

All the best to you in your quest.

Hermas
    payment proof likes this.
  4. JODAD

JODAD New Member

5. JODAD

JODAD New Member

I want to thank you for the great inspiration in your last note. I feel my direction is set and now I am in the position to start building a list of interested parties who see what I have to share over the next few months which ever way I can share it with them.

Yes those doubts and fears do creep into play at times but sure is good when someone truly listens and follows what you have to share. Really it doesn't matter one way or another because not everyone will. Its just a numbers game.

I know for a fact that the info I share I do know and if I do not have all the answers I do have resources to help me at times. I like the idea of just have fun and that will spill over to those I meet and share my plan.

Once again thanks!
  6. citizen

citizen New Member

From what I know from others (and my own experience too) it takes a few years (2-3) before you start making some serious money online. Of course there are exceptions to the rule and some people are successful much faster, but I wouldn't expect that.

Firs of all you cannot get discouraged, because it's quite possible that you will be disappointed many times.
    Too many people think that they will start making money after a few months. If it doesn't happen (and in most cases it doesn't) they say that making money online is a scam.

Treat it like a business, like a marathon and not a sprint. Nothing will happen overnight.
    Carau and payment proof like this.
  7. neil_1984black

neil_1984black New Member

Hi, welcome to the world of on-line marketing, congratulations for taking a bold step that will change your life. Through experience I learned to treat on-line marketing like any other business; do your research, budget, review your accounts, know your tolerance for risk, apply marketing strategies, learn writing skill and enjoy what you do. There are more to OLM that most people think, it takes hard work and various marketing strategies that will be learn over time. Don't get discouraged it is truly a very rewarding business and with hard work, determination, passion and applying the strategies above you are taking vital steps to success and happiness.

Hope I was helpful
    Regards
    N.L
  8. florbags

florbags Member

Hello and welcome to the online world, Jodad! :) I would be glad to give you some advice, but I just want to know what kind of business you and your wife ventured into?
  9. Robin Bull

Robin Bull New Member

You NEED to boss yourself around...or you will fall into the "I can do it later" trap. If you aren't working, you aren't making money. That is also something that you will have to make family and friends understand as well. I've been working from home full time for quite a long time. People still act like I have a lot of free time...until I make them come and hang out while I work for an entire day (9 am until about 11 pm every night).

So my advice to you...create a schedule and BE your own boss. Stick to it. It doesn't have to be 9 -5. I do take a lot of breaks. Tuesday and Wednesday I am pretty much out of the game due to personal appointments. Be careful. Don't burn out.

Realize that at some point you WILL experience isolation. Get out of the house. Work from the library or even from McDonalds. iHop is my home away from home.
  10. Robin Bull

Robin Bull New Member

Not necessarily. It depends on what he wants to do. I am a professional writer and SEO Junkie. I replaced my entire income within six months because I worked hard within those six months to do it. If he were to get on odesk or elance...he could be doing really well within a couple of months once his profiles are set up.
  11. JODAD

JODAD New Member

I am in a NWM business that shares our business concept that is like no other product out there. Face it there is nothing! The fact of the matter is I enjoy sharing with all those who would be willing to listen but with MLM companies others think its a scam. I guess I have to weed through the people to find the ones who are more open minded and will to listen to a scientific based company and not a company that you can buy at your nearest walmart store
    Gilberto and neil_1984black like this.
  12. florbags

florbags Member

I see, so you are into network marketing. You have picked a great career. :)

Okay, Jodad. Let me try to help you out.

First, it is very important that you promote your business to the right people. Because if not, you are just wasting your time and energy. Who are the right people? Your fellow network marketers.

Second, you have to be attractive (not physically). Let's face it, there are too many of us out there, so you need to do something that will make you stand out from the crowd. How? Instead of promoting your business, focus on promoting yourself as a leader. It's normal for us humans to associate ourselves with the people who knows a lot of things. So, in order to make other people listen to you, they have to believe that you are the leader that they would want to work for. No one would believe that you can take them to financial freedom if you don't even know what you are doing. I would suggest that you look for a mentor. A professional network marketer. Imitate his strategies in network marketing until you become a professional in your own right.

Third, create your own website with you own domain name. It's not just because it helps in promoting yourself as a leader, but because it is a requirement in network marketing. Using free web hosts like Wix, Weebly or Yola is not recommended.

There are lots of things that you need to learn, but for me these three are the most important. I hope these helps you, Jodad. Good luck with your business! :)
    CKC likes this.