WOW how fast is it?? - So fast I must have missed it@!

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by Morelans, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Morelans

Morelans New Member

Friday morning.. I got on once and during my surf I was kicked out.. now I can not even get the page to load again.

Moving at the speed of Light! NOT.....................

Hope they are still tweaking.. 7:30 am was about the only time I could get my surfing completed.. now this.

Shawn
  2. Caterina

Caterina New Member

They'll get it fixed......

On the bright side.....nice little rebate percentage today, yes?

Guess we gotta take the bad along with the good as the membership/ad packs continue to grow.....
  3. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

Yeah can't complain about the rebate...cha ching! Website was about the same for me as it has been all week. A little slow.
  4. freebird658

freebird658 New Member

yep can't tell any difference here either. Same as it was. Wonder if they ever thought about getting a dedicated server???? Hmmm!! Might solve the issues if they were.
  5. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Still down today!

Wonder whats going on, would be nice if they mentioned something
    on "breaking news" .
  6. hiseikon

hiseikon New Member

I think it might be because of the Miami rally . . .

This is what I figured after having problems with the site yesterday . . .

I never had major problems like others have had with the site, but since they made the "improvement", the site has really been operating very poorly.

I hope this is temporary, and that the site will be able to accomodate all the new members.
  7. Caterina

Caterina New Member

The site's back up in California and REALLY fast.....love it.....

Noticed, though, that some of my data is missing from my ad pack and cash history.....anyone else have the same thing going on?

Also, no rebate credited, but I remember there being a delay in rebates during the last convention.....
  8. phiwilli

phiwilli New Member

no rebate posted for me either, but all other info is ok. surfing is slow.

Edit: spoke to soon. ad pack, credit, and cashout histories are fine. Cash history is gone.
  9. Caterina

Caterina New Member

I spoke too soon.....got through 6 sites, and then wham bam thank you ma'am.....and that was that.....

Ah, well.....

Guess I'll send a ticket regardiing my missing data IF it isn't back in its place by tomorrow.....wonder what in the world would cause some people's data to be missing, but others' to still be there.....any clue?

I'm a technological idgit.....
  10. hiseikon

hiseikon New Member

Yep, the site is up, but very slow. I was kicked out and was able to log in again. No rebates posted for me either . . .
  11. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

Site is up and runner per normal for me... I've had 1 little hick-up. When I loose the banner with the numbes, I just go back to address bar, click it will highlight, with my curser on the end I click again and backspace to the / after the member... then it takes me back to my account overview pages. I don't have to log back in again, I just hit Start Surfing again. It's not that big of a deal!

As for creating a ticket about your cash history not showing up... My cash history is showing nil as well. I suggest to not further bog down an already overloaded customer service department with tickets about something I'm sure they're well aware of. If we are all having the same situation, then I'm sure it will resolve itself.

Having been at the Miami Rally yesterday, I got a whole new perspective on how difficult it has been to keep up! EXPLOSIVE is putting it mildly! Imagine expecting 1500 people, expanding the night before to 3500 people and then having 6000 show up!!!

I have no idea what time the people almost to the exit door, still standing in a line that was at least 5 times longer than the line that took me 2 1/2 hours to get through at 4:30pm, finally got to buy their ad packages!!!

I hope my sharing my perspective of yesterday's events will instill more patience in those who are only seeing the perspective of the operation (or lack thereof) of the site!

I emplore everyone... please be patient! It will all get resolved when the dust settles! Yesterday was MASSIVE! Give them a chance to get their breath before bombarding them with problems that will likely sort themselves out in a few days!

Now, if everyone else has their cash history showing up, etc, and you don't, by all means, create a ticket and inquire!!!

Just my perspective... thanks for letting me share! By the way... I think this is the best forum for ASDers!! Thanks everyone for being here and for your contributions, assistance, insight, and concerns!!!

Cheers!
    Brenda
  12. Caterina

Caterina New Member

Absolutely I appreciate not bombarding them with tickets....it's why I haven't sent one off yet BECAUSE I know the dust needs to settle and am glad you pointed out the need not to overwhelm a system that is already overwhelmed.

Apparently, though, this is NOT a problem everyone is experiencing.....and it makes me nervous when I have missing ad pack histories and missing cash histories. NOW, having said THAT, I should mention that on my account overview, my number of ad packs and my cash balance are both correct.

Will give it a day or so before sending a ticket.....
  13. LauraLicata

LauraLicata New Member

OK...I'm going to vent this time! I have people coming over to check some of this online stuff out and I cannot even log on to the site!!! I can get on every other site imaginable....just not ASD!

Laura
  14. freebird658

freebird658 New Member

For a time yesterday they displayed a "site down for maintenence due to the Miami rally" page and to check back later and last night It was back up but it was horribly slow and was constantly losing the connection so I couldn't finish surfing and amazingly made it to 20 sites surfed before the site went completely down at midnight EST. I kept trying to get back in with no success until 2:30 am when I finally gave up.
    Today the site is up but still no change in it's performance and no credit for yesterdays surfing. I don't see how anyone was able to complete their surfing yesterday the way it was running (and STILL is)!

Those hardware upgrades did absolutely nothing to improve the performance of the site...maybe they need to get at a better script, a much better dedicated server (or servers), and better programmers and IT support!
  15. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

whenever ASD says "site will be up by this evening", just add a day or two to the date...

They are adding the Chinese site...and are now on "Chinese Rubberband Time"
  16. Roche

Roche New Member

Rebates from yesterday and some info missing for me too.
  17. psierra

psierra New Member

Finally I have was able to complete my surfing today!! I could not surf yesterday due to the site loading issues. They did not mention anything about it on the news section....how weird, they usually do.
  18. alasycia

alasycia New Member

You know I think that anyone getting through their surfing while rallies should be given a prize - like a couple of day at a spa to get rid of the stress! LOL

But yes - they seem to be totally overwhelmed after Miami which was over three times more successful that they expected! (Suprised? LOL)

We know by now that it is more than likely that we will get credited for the surfing we didnt do!! and in any event - if we dont get it today - our ad packs will last a day longer - as the end payment will be the 125%. noone is losing any money here

It sounds that , from all the reports at Miami, ASD is really adressing all aspects of the company, from management to admin and, of course IT. Many of us have requested an improvement in company feedback to members - so hopefully this will have been listened to too.

As usual - we should all know by now - patience and humour will get us through this.
  19. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I haven't been able to surf since friday
    wonder how some of you have been able to get into the site
    I haven't been able to at all

this is what I see on the site this morning
    (it IS the morning of July14th)

We are currently working on the ASD web site.
    The site will return the morning of July 14th.

~ASD Management