WP-Admin is Annoying

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Randolph Ellis, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Randolph Ellis

Randolph Ellis New Member

I get so annoyed my WP-Admin. It has to be the slowest site I have been i have ever worked on. I have tried all the tips and they work for a day ot two then go back to being slow. Does anyone else have this problem. I would switch but i put in too much work....

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

It may be a plug-in you are using that slows it down.
    Try de-activating them one at a time to find the culprit.
    To test it without any plugins just rename the plugin folder temporarily.
    If it is fast without any plug-ins then you just need to figure out which one.
    If it is still slow, then it is probably your hosting account that's the problem.

3. Randolph Ellis

Randolph Ellis New Member

I have done aql of that and it usually speeds up for a while then kinda slows back down. I have godaddy for hosting and I would switch but I have so much more with them and I dont want to lose it

4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I haven't had an issue with speed, but I do find some things to be antiquated about their editor.

5. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

Plugins or hosting could be the issue. Also depends how large your site is. My other suggestions.
    • If you have your site set to "recent posts" on the homepage, make sure no more than about 10 display when your homepage loads.
    • Look at how many images and videos you have. This can also slow a site down.
    Beyond this, contact GoDaddy or your internet servers to see if they have any answers. To check your internet speed, go to http://www.speedtest.net/

Don't forget, if your PC has been on all day, it is pretty common that things will slow down as the day wears on.

MarieA73 likes this.
  6. I have not encountered this issue yet. What I normally do is remove all the plug ins that I do not use. Double check the sizes of the images that I use.

7. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

I was just on WP today and did not have any issues, and some of the pictures I use are quite large. The problem appears to be unique to your computer or connection. Maybe try connecting to your account on a friend's computer and see if you have the same difficulties.

Also, to Catherine's point, if you are on a laptop especially, when they heat up, they slow down.

8. whitney black

whitney black Member

I agree almost everytime I log into Wordpress, it's slow as hell. They really need to fix it..I think it has to do with all the PHP myself. Good luck to everyone using Wordpress hope yours is faster than mine! :)

MarieA73 likes this.
  9. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Whitney, do you have google ads on your site? I have heard that the latest java update doesn't mesh up well with google ads and can slow page loads. You may want to try a different browser and see if it is better.