Write Articles - Make Money

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by net4pay, Mar 6, 2007.

1. homewizz

homewizz Guest

Quoting: systemfan1188Ive been doing this for a week or so now and have made $15 and they already payed me.

Is that from Helium? That's great news - good to know. I will try to write more articles and update my site.
  2. homewizz

homewizz Guest

Quoting: talfighelAnother great way to make money with articles is to write them yourself and distribute them to article directories.
    Which article directories do you use? Do you mind sharing? I have just had an article published on ezinearticles and they are excellent.
  3. homewizz

homewizz Guest

Quoting: systemfan1188AC is a good site! Thanks for sharing this.
    I'm going to try AC this week. I've not had a good response from Constant Content and had to remove them from my site. I can't promote a company I'm not happy with no matter how high the commission. Will report back on AC - so far their customer service has been commendable.
  4. systemfan1188

systemfan1188 New Member

Yeah the constant content people are jerks. They will cut you down and basically insult you over the smallest of errors on your writting.

I don't advise them. AC seems to work a lot better.
  5. madnawat

madnawat New Member

I think you can submit articles to Helium from India
  6. homewizz

homewizz Guest

Hi everyone,
    Since I last posted I have reopened the Constant Content programme on my site as issues have been resolved and it's a valuable resource for UK writers. My tips for success with this site is to make sure that you write topical articles that will interest buyers as opposed to writing articles of interest. This rule probably would apply to all article and feature writing for freelancers. I have also now added Get A Freelancer (find details on my site on the Writing Page - under the sub heading 'Earn Cash Writing Online Articles'. I receive half a dozen emails from them (often more!) everyday for bids on jobs that match my profile. Definitely worth signing up for. They accept International registrations.
    Will keep you posted on anything else I come across
  7. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

Quoting: homewizzQuoting: talfighel
    Another great way to make money with articles is to write them yourself and distribute them to article directories.
    Which article directories do you use? Do you mind sharing? I have just had an article published on ezinearticles and they are excellent.

I actually had the quickest result I've ever seen from ezinearticles today. Article got approved yesterday, today someone clicked through my url in the resource box then through one of the adsense ads on my site. It's only 39 cents, but usually it takes several days for that to happen (at least in my experience)

EDIT:

The really crazy thing about it is, the website is brand new. I haven't had time to really do anything with it. There's only one page with adsense on it, so the person had to go to that page then click the ad what are the odds?
  8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

That was quick but proves a point!
    How many articles do you try to submit on a weekly basis? Also, do you submit the same article to several different directories at the same time?

Thanks and wishing everyone a great 2008!

[​IMG]

Viola
  9. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

As far as which directories, I only use ezinearticles. That may change if I start running into the approval problems I've heard people complain about. Apparently, ezinearticles is trying to crack down on keyword stuffing and hitting people with that and rejecting a ton of articles. This hasn't affected me much because I tend to write articles that I think will make people click my link, rather than write articles I think the search engines will like.

My personal style is trying to write/submit 1 per day and add 1 per day to my site.

The main reason I only submit to ezinearticles is I'd like my articles to be pretty much unique. When they get pasted all over the web, it's good because it links to your site, but your site won't ever come up in searches for those keywords because all the article directories have higher page rank than your site.

My thinking on it is: if they find the title of my article on a google search and go to my site, they're on my site - the reason I wrote the articles in the first place. If they find the title of the article on a google search and go to an article directory to read the article, then they need to be intrigued enough to click my link. Think of it as
    click-through-rate - seeing your title on search engine results is 100% click through, in my experience, click-through to my sites from articles on ezinearticles is about 15%.
  10. BobAtHome

BobAtHome New Member

I really like writing articles and articles on finance have worked for me the best so far. There are a variety of websites I have used, but I think that Google's Knol will be the best place for authors who want to earn money by writing articles.
  11. naturalis

naturalis New Member

I totally agree with you MyOwnBoss, what you wrote is another way of getting money with writing articles and I prefer it!

Why?

Because simply when I write something totally on my own I know that I will be able to market it way better than the article submission sites that you have mentioned, which pay you $5-$20 per article.

Yes it's pretty straightforward with these sites, you will earn your share but that's it!

Imagine the results if you used it on your own to attract visitors to your site/blog through ezinearticles or whatever site. Of course you won't get paid right away, but if your article is well written you may get a lot more than $15.

But if you really haven't earned a single buck online then I suppose it's a good way to start, nonetheless.
  12. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

Of course you're right about being able to make more money creating content for yourself than selling that content, but that's true of anything.

It's no different from a 'real world' j.o.b.. If they couldn't make more than they pay someone to do a job, they wouldn't bother. Associated content is no different.

If you have the marketing and research skills, you could write 10 GOOD articles, make a 5 page minisite with half of them and submit the other half to article directories and make a couple hundred bucks a month indefinitely from an affiliate product.

On the other hand, you could submit those articles to a site like Associated Content and make $30-$200 (much more likely $30), plus a tiny page view bonus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking AC. I wrote a few articles for them when I first started, but I got into the whole 'make money at home' thing so I'd have schedule flexibility and run my own business. From what I gather, a big percentage of people on this forum just want a job. There's nothing wrong with that, but I personally think writing enough articles to actually make a living on a site like AC would be an incredibly frustrating and boring lifestyle.

Think about it, if you wanted to make $400/week, you'd need to write a hundred articles a week. I know people always say $3-$20 when talking about AC, but from the people I've spoken to, 90% of accepted articles (yep, they will reject for various reasons) are paid $3-$5 per.

A hundred articles a week is a lot of work unless you're just writing off the top of your head (and if you are, your rejection rate will go up).

Basically, what I'm saying is that a site like AC is good for someone who is starting a business and needs a little extra cash for advertising or hosting or training. For someone looking to make a living, I'd go another route.
  13. Trixxie

Trixxie New Member

I have written articles for AC from time to time and I do like the system. Overall they have accepted my articles and they do pay promptly. The issue with AC is in the last 6 months or so the review times have gone from 3-5 days to 10-14+ days. I personally don't want to have content just sitting there that may or may not get accepted.

AC is great for a place to make a few extra dollars or for something to do when you have nothing else to do but as a fulltime job it really wont pay the bills.
  14. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

If I am going to write articles specifically for pay, I get jobs from GetAFreelancer.com and Scriptlance.com. At those places, you work for actual people who want the content written, and you can get paid quicker, and usually make more money than at Associated Content or Helium.
  15. I write articles every day and submit to the top few Article Directories with great results, but it would be nice if Associated Content opened their doors to people outside the USA.
  16. Dflight

Dflight New Member

This is a really good forum and a great thread. I've been researching the different article wirting websites - like squidoo, hubpages and demand - but i've found it really hard to know which is the best.

I don't like the idea of writing for demand media. The $15 up front seems good but you have to handover all rights to the content which means i can't earn anymoney from that content in the future. $15 is not much for 3-4 hours work is it?

My aunt just started writing for a site called Videojug Pages and won a competition - she got $500 bucks which is pretty good for a few hours work!

I know videojug but i haven't heard of this site until now. They published a useful article on article writing (http://www.videojug.com/article/article-writing-how-to-make-money-writing-website-articles-on line) so i think i'll give it a go and see how it works out.

Any ideas or suggestions on other sites would be welcome.
  17. sarauk

sarauk New Member

MyOwnBoss: As far as which directories, I only use ezinearticles. That may change if I start running into the approval problems I've heard people complain about. Apparently, ezinearticles is trying to crack down on keyword stuffing and hitting people with that and rejecting a ton of articles.
    That is true, if the article has more than 2% keyword density. Their system will not allow you to submit it. I had one article, with something like 2.4% keyword, and it kept refusing it until, I reduced it down to 2%.
  18. drum4fun85

drum4fun85 New Member

Thank you for this information, I will check it out.