write my own or using free content confusing,,,some advise please....

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by dennyinthehouse, Apr 10, 2008.

1. dennyinthehouse

dennyinthehouse New Member

first choice
    If I use free content from Ezine then maybe I can build many site in a short time.

Or
    second choice
    I write my own articles then submit them to article sites
    I think it will get more traffic in a short time.
    however I am not good at writing.

Does the first one work? I ask this because my friend says that using free content does not work very well.
    Which one is better,\
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Write your own content.

Sorry. I know that's not the answer you were hoping for, but it's an honest one. [​IMG]

You can do it. It may take you a little longer than someone else, but perhaps you can get someone to help you by proofreading your work for you.

It also helps to read what you have written out loud. When you hear it you can pick up mistakes easier or get ideas on how to make it better.

All the best.
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree with happywife - write your own... have your own style.... people like to read articles that are interesting and if they like your style they will read more of your work.

Write your article the way you think or speak and sprinkle your keywords throughout - you can do it![​IMG]
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Denny,

It's okay to use articles as inspiration, but ultimately, you should write the thing from scratch yourself. Before you do that you should understand the topic well because it's the ethical thing to do.

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  5. mrbreze

mrbreze New Member

Hi Denny,

I'm real new at this and I have done nothing but read and study
    for the past 3 months. I posted my first blog ever Tuesday. I can't write either but I enjoy writing.
    The thing is, if you use a free article instead of writing your own, you
    have duplicated someone else's work. While Google will let you do this, they might not index your site, plus you are not creating any
    backlinks for yourself, which, I have learned will cost you a lot of traffic. No traffic, No money.
    Do yourself a favor and write your own stuff. Nobody on the 'net is
    looking for the next Hemingway, mostly they just want information.

Good luck to you

Rick
  6. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

mountainmom5: Write your article the way you think or speak and sprinkle your keywords throughout - you can do it!
    Hello, sorry to break in, but I have a question. I don't mind writing, but I'm a little confused about using keywords. Are these the tags you use to describe your article?
  7. opendomain

opendomain New Member

NO NO NO NO stop preaching write your own content...
    THen who's going to use my articles. [​IMG]

Using other peoples articles is definately a great way of generating traffic...for the article writer. I can't count the number of times i've checked my google backlink stats and thought...well what site is this??? Only to find my article on someone elses site. AWESOME...i must admit I was a little taken back by the fact that they WHITED out my link in an attempt to make it a little more difficult to see

Stick to your own content that way you can control the links and ALL the traffic will be yours.
  8. BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim New Member

I can't agree more. The more you write the easier it becomes. Soon you'll be banging then out with the best of them.

BP
  9. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Write your content, but it is very time consuming
  10. affiliate

affiliate New Member

Writing your own articles is a good idea but if you eventually expand on that and write an ebook (there is an ebook on writing an ebook within Profit Lance), you might be better off finding a ghostwriter.
  11. 040107

040107 Member

Excellent advice![​IMG]

Remember too that you could always mix it up using free content,
    PLR content, and original content. In addition, you could use
    article spinners (rewriter) on these content to create more unique
    content.

Using articles from article directories and leaving the byline intact is
    usually acceptable but I can't say the same thing about ezine. You
    might want to check with the authors on that one.
  12. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

If you don't want to write your own content, go to sciptlance.com and pay someone to write them for you! Thats what I do. Maybe when you start out, you'll have to write them yourself, but then when u start making some money, you can just pay people [​IMG]
  13. Write your own content as if you are explaining it to a friend or family member. Make it conversational and preferably from your own experience with the product/service you are writing about about.

Creating your article in this manner not only makes it seem less like a sales pitch but you get the added benefit of putting your own link to it. This way you have backlinks to your own stuff instead of to the pages of some random person whos article you used.

To your success,

Michael