Writing An Article

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by duckbird, Oct 15, 2007.

1. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Can you be successful in this business without writing articles? This is something I truely do not have a talent for and I can't afford to pay someone to do it for me. So writing articles is simply of of the question for me.

I'm promoting my site via forums, free classifieds, free search engines and directory submissions.

As most of you know, I've wanted to call it quits many times because I wanted to make money quickly. But now I realize that in this business, you are not going to make a profit in just two short months in most cases, it's going to take several months or more.

There is no such thing as over night sucess in this business. It's going to take lots of time.

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm on my way, not matter how long it takes.
  2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Duck,

I'm glad that you have discovered and come to terms with the patience side of things.

Yes, you can hire a ghost writer (some are quite affordable, but make dang sure you see several work samples, critical!!!)

Just Google "Ghost Writer". Visit a mega site. You put up a need-based ad. They compete for your business by placing bids. You check out several proposals. You contact the more promising bidders.

You must create a contract with a few key details. There are samples on the net. You need to determine price per page, deadlines, quality, etc in your contract. You might be able to find an english major that will research your topic for you and still not kill your bank account.

Keep these things in mind when determining who to hire and what the terms will be. You can also show them the things you have written. The more you can show or tell them, the closer their copy will be to what you need.

Let them know that they need to include keyword phrases in the copy.

I think you get the idea.

I hope that helps. Do you remember reading about this in your Profit Lance course? If not then you should keep reading [​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Yes, you can definitely make money without writing articles for submitting to article directories, but you have to add content to your website
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Perhaps a good alternative would be to hire a proof reader. That would be less expensive. At least then you would be the chief editor and it would be your own article :)

I didn't mean to imply that you should have a ghost writer do all of your writing.

If you feel you could use some improvement in your writing, you should consider taking a couple writing classes at a local college. It would help you for the rest of your life, not just with making money online.

But, I have some good news. This is rare, but it happens. If you can leverage your natural humor and write reasonably well, folks will forgive not so perfect grammar and spelling. If you are competent about your site topic and you are kinda funny, folks will mostly overlook writing skills to an extent. Still, I wouldn't bank on it.

Do what ever it takes to become a fairly good writer at minimum.

I know, another dang thing to add to the list that takes more time and more patience...oh, and more money. It'll pay off though. Do it.

Newbie Shield
    Ps. No complaining :p :)