writing blogs

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by GNHEIL, Jun 21, 2007.

1. GNHEIL

GNHEIL New Member

what is the best way to get started earning money writing blogs.?
  2. jlcurtis

jlcurtis New Member

Writing a blog is a good idea, but you will need to generate traffic to your blog which can time consuming.

I have recently tried paid online surveys. I find this to be the fastest way to start making money. It is normally free to sign up. You probably won't make a ton of money, but its a start.
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you already have a domain, you can can install wordpress or start a free blog at blogger
  4. William H

William H New Member

1. Find something you're interested in
    2. Register a domain name
    3. Use word tracker or some other s/w to find out the key words people are looking for related to your subject but aren't that popular on other websites
    4. Develop a website with some decent content on your subject of interest based around those keywords
    5. Promote some affiliates related to your topic on your site
    6. Presell their stuff with your excellent, interesting and informative content who will then pay you when people click through from your website to buy their products.

It's tough, but making money ain't easy. If people tell you it is, they're lying. Who was it who said "the harder I work, the luckier I get?"

Loads of good info here:

http://www.associateprograms.com/articles/188/1/Affiliate-Program-Tutorial

Of course, I've never done it, but I'd love to. I'm just not interested in anything or don't have the guts.

So I stick to my crappy surveys and make about ??100 a month. AND BY THE WAY - if you click through from someone's website to join a survey or buy a book or anything like that, then it's normally a referral, so they will benefit. My top ten tips for starting survey taking if you're interested are here:

http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/19_2304_0.html
  5. robertlaf

robertlaf New Member

William for a guy who hasn't written a blog you have given gave a very good analysis of it. I too haven't writen a blog, I am very busy with my offline job, but I have studied it for months and those were my ideas too.
    You should try it William , there has to be something you are interested in, you write very well, you really have a knack for writing, I have read some of your other posts .
    About 1998 a friend of mine living next door to me started e-commerce. I think 1 of the reasons I didn't also was because of fear of failure among other things. I was starting a business offline at the time too I have been doing good at, not great .
    My friend was one of MSNBC's top 50 entrepenuers in 2000 I think and now has a beautiful home and makes well into 6 figures. He would have helped me as much as I asked. I wonder what kind of opportunity I missed.
    Don't procrastinate too long, you never get anywhere not taking chances is my advice to anyone, but do your research.
    Hard work gets you a long ways.
  6. William H

William H New Member

I have a blog, but that's different. A blog you don't really make money from. A real website you do. Thanks for the comments, I might just give it a go. One day.

Can your offline business be promoted online? If so, I'm sure you could apply those same techniques. I'm available. Ha ha.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Writing blogs is a great way to get started but you need to make sure that you don't get caught up in making money right away.

You need to give your blog sometime to get noticed by people and hopefullt the search engines.

There is a good amount of people who make a good living with blogs.

Tal
  8. madnawat

madnawat New Member

Hey if you wanna write for blogs. Then why don't you start your own blog and earn from it. Of course it takes time in promotion. If you can write on a perticular subject then my advice is to start your own blog. Earn for yourself [​IMG]
  9. robertlaf

robertlaf New Member

William H gave a link to a place called "associate programs" above he recommended. The guy who runs that is Allan Gardyne who recommends this book highly
    http://www.bloggingtothebank.com/
    from his last email. Allan Gardyne is a pro at internet marketing if you haven't heard about him.
    I suppose most of you have, the book is $47.
    Also Lynn Terry knows a lot about internet marketing/blogging. Here is a blog article of hers about what else blogging.
    http://www.clicknewz.com/782/blogger-vs-wordpress/
  10. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I'm with PCwork - just go to blogger.com and start blogging away...
  11. Tricia

Tricia New Member

One way you can earn money from blogs is by promoting affiliate products. You may find many related affiliate products to sell from www.clickbank.com and www.cj.com. I just started my blog about 1 month ago and I have already made 2 sales [​IMG]
  12. Trojan9

Trojan9 New Member

The best way to start making money with blogs is finding your niche to write about then advertising it. 3 options I see.

1. Use a hosted blog site (blogger.com) and use clickbank and google ads

2. Get paid to write from pay per blog sites

3. Host your own blog/website and market it

gl
  13. affiliatesheree

affiliatesheree New Member

My ezine is doing an article series right now on "blogging for profit.

You can find it through my sig. There is already part of it on the home page.

Good luck.

Sheree
  14. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

affiliatesheree nice site some helpful info but though i would let you know that your link "Getting Started Products" doesn't work

as for blogging well it is a great free method to make money online with out any risk of losing any money. It is not as easy as people make out but with a little effort and some knowledge it a good income can be achieved
  15. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Does anyone know how much less you get in Adsense earnings if you host on blogger instead of your own website?
  16. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

William H said it well. I'd also add a little adsense after you have a dozen or more articles and 100+ visitors per day to enhance your income a bit.

Newbie Shield
    Helping with site monetization
  17. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Quoting: pcworkDoes anyone know how much less you get in Adsense earnings if you host on blogger instead of your own website?

My own personal observation has been that I my conversion rate for Adsense is over 20% better on my website than on my blog.
  18. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: jschumanMy own personal observation has been that I my conversion rate for Adsense is over 20% better on my website than on my blog.

How old is your blog ?
  19. brooklyn31606

brooklyn31606 New Member

blogging sounds like a good idea, and i hear ya on the survey things, i doubted those but i got paid once..lol so i do it every now and then
  20. matthemattrix

matthemattrix New Member

I have made money from my blogs through affiliate links. However, the easiest and most direct method has been posting paid reviews through the "paid to post" sites.

I wouldn't overdo this, though. You can lose the character of your blog, and Google will penalise you for it by lowering your page rank.