writing blogs

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by GNHEIL, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Inside News

Inside News New Member

Making blogs on a social netwoking website is quite easier, I think. Having a group of people is already willing to come into your page and read your blog. You don't need to try much to generate traffic. You can post banners or links on your page. And it's free to start.
  2. amylaine

amylaine New Member

I do posts at xomba.com. It is great, because you get 50% of the profit and you just post when you want to. Most blogs you have to make a schedule for Google to notice you, but it has good page ranking. You can also use the site as a public bookmark and get paid for half the Google ads. I do suggest when you get there to visit a few posts before signing up and try to get someone with a lot of posts. That seems to be there alot to help out. Go under their profile page and sign up under them. They will then get paid a little to help you learn the ropes. Pick someone who you feel comfortable with and interests correspond.
  3. Austin_repair

Austin_repair New Member

writting blogs is an interestin things...you must have good ideas, write good, design, good, chose an interesting domain. Austin repair siding
  4. HowardDalton

HowardDalton New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been blogging in a Team SEO concept for about a month now and maintaining multiple Google top page 1,2,3 positions. I've NEVER experienced this kind of success before. Just want to let you know it can be done and affordably with consistent effort.
  5. Flimjo

Flimjo New Member

The best way is to start the blog and start writing. That's what I did. You need to post something every day, and make sure you know what you're writing about. Do it consistently, and provide quality. Then, over 3-4 months, you'll gain credibility and readers. After than, use Google Ads, Bidvertiser, and affiliate marketing to monetize the blog. If you have enough traffic, you can also sell private ads to make more money. Over time, with the right mix of consistency and quality posts, there is no reason you can't earn six figures from a blog.
  6. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I finally got my blog up and going but can't seem to figure out how to work with the thing, all kinds of codes in wordpress that I don't understand. I did manage to get a post written, an about page and a page for archives, however, I'm unsure if the archives is really working or if it's just a page sitting there. I'll just keep writing and try to figure out later how to monetize. I just want to have fun with it for a while and write what I want to write. It's a start.
    Sonni
  7. johntanyishin

johntanyishin New Member

You would like to find out more information about HTML codes and those techie stuff. They can take quite a while to learn.

Wordpress do have a training centre that gives you a guide when you're starting out.

If you will like to do affiliate marketing, clickbank and commision junction are good sites to go to.

Good Luck!

JTYS
  8. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I checked out the wordpress forum they do help sometimes but not always. You say there is a wordpress training centre well then I need to be there NOW. I hope this is true, off I go. Thanks for the tip.
    Sonni
  9. workaholic

workaholic New Member

Writing blogs is a good thing to promote your website, but it's not going to work right away. It is time consuming, but it is worth. Make sure your write something exceptional and you start getting traffic.
  10. matthemattrix

matthemattrix New Member

I think the best way to look at a blog is that it is a great tool for people to get to know you, what you're like and what you do. It's more of a branding tool than anything.

Blogs certainly do get noticed by the mainstream media. But they have to be unique somehow for that to happen. There has to be some newsworthy angle, or something a bit quirky about your blog.

A blog that's written solely for money-making purposes generally won't get that kind of attention. It's gonna look too much like all the other money-making blogs out there!

So, I'd say just let your personality shine through in your blog. Write about what you enjoy. Traffic will come if you just keep at it, and your profile will definitely increase over time. And you can certainly leverage that for profit in different ways.
  11. johntanyishin

johntanyishin New Member

Blogging certainly helps driving traffic to your main website if you're doing a online business.

If you have a lot to share, starting a blog allows you to update content frequently and google loves fresh content.

You will need to focus on a niche that you're really passionate about and all that creative juice just comes to you when you need it for writing.

JTYS
  12. ebale

ebale New Member

I started a blog not too long ago. It was really easy to create and a lot of fun! I have adsense ads on it and also a couple a affiliate links. Since it is a fairly new site and I don't have much traffic to it, I haven't seen any results yet. But hopefully soon I will![​IMG]
  13. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

johntanyishin: google loves fresh content.

Yes I agree. It is fairly easy to start getting hits to your blog with little or no experience. Most of the blog sites ping for you automatically.

I only use my blog to bring people to my main website. I havent even monetized it at all. I just like the idea of a new prospect getting to know me through my writing before they opt in.

This makes for a smoother sales process because they already know info about their potential sponsor.
  14. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I agree with that. I have a blog and it isn't monetized, I just started. I love to write/ post and have interaction with people. Then maybe later when I have a website to link to I can make money.
    Sonni
  15. Knicole

Knicole New Member

I personally think that the best way to make money with blogs is to write 1 blog a day for 1 - 2 weeks and then turn it into an Ebook. Once you put in into Ebook format then list is on click bank or contact some possible joint venture partners that are in your niche as offer them a product split of the sell price. This is the type of business I teach.
  16. Laurus Nobilis

Laurus Nobilis New Member

Blogging seems to be a good way of making money from home. This is good way of making money especially if you write about something that you really love. Unfortunately, I think that is very difficult to make serious money from it, due to saturation of the blogosphere. Everybody is blogging about something and it is very difficult to get noticed. It is very difficult to keep attention of readers when there are so many blogs with similar subjects.
  17. OnlineHelper

OnlineHelper New Member

In my opinion the only way to create sustainable income from a blog is to create one around a topic or topics that interest you. When you are blogging about things that you love, the ideas and writing will flow easily.

However, if you start a blog on something because you think it's popular but don't have any real interest in it, writing about the topic will seem like a chore and you will be more likely to not update it as often as you should and as a result not see any income from it.
  18. BusyBee23

BusyBee23 New Member

It's fairly easy to start a blog. It's getting people to see your blog is the problem, attracting enough attention.
  19. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Blogging seems to me like it would be more of a hobby than a money making venture. That's not to say that people don't make money from their blog, because there are people who do.

As you've just mentioned, it's difficult to get the traffic to you need with a blog, unless you really know what you are doing as far as SEO is concerned, etc.

I have a good friend who has a really fantastic healthy cooking blog. She put so much effort into it and it is packed with great content, recipes, photos, etc.

BUT, she has very little traffic compared to what she could have if she would put the exact same effort into a static website using the same information but built around proper keyword research and SEO rules.

She has some very loyal followers in some other like-minded bloggers, etc., but she doesn't get much in the way of organic search engine traffic.

I think she would do really well (money-wise) if she took my advice, but I don't think she will. She like having google ads, etc., on a site because it makes it look commercial, etc. I felt that way at first, too, because of course, it does, but you get over those feelings once you start getting some really nice monthly checks from Google! [​IMG]

People are used to seeing advertising these days online just about everywhere you go - even on Facebook. I don't really think most people would hold it against you for monetizing your site/blog when you are providing them with valuable information that they are using for free. For those that do mind - who cares?! [​IMG]

Anyway, I've never done the traditional "blogging" thing, though I auto blog my own content on each of my static sites. But, from what I have learned, if you want an online presence to make an income, you're better off learning to build a properly researched and SEO'd static website as it will serve you best in the long run.

Blessings,
    Angie
  20. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

I was just searching online on ways to make money with a blog. My problem is that I just want to do something. I read blogs all the time and some seem so dry. I mean that whole hypnotic writing thing is every where on the net. I know for my self that I like to feel the energy from the writer. I don't know if I can keep providing energy for my blog page after page. I guess I am really hard on my self and I want to provide quality content time after time. I think that it takes a lot out of a persons creativity to keep producing quality content at a high caliber. What I do like is a REAL review of a product. Not a lot of fluff I guess since i study content that is in a blog I tend to be a little bias about what I read. On some of the reviews people seem to be acting and then you get the product and it's not that great. I would never say that a product is really bad unless I pay a lot of money for it and it does not work. Most times I learn from a blog or program because they teach you how to operate it. So all my searching is not in vain because I get something out of the deal in the end as long as I don't give up. Some blogs are better then others. I guess some people may consider this forum as one. Just being active helps me because once I stop the learning stops. i guess that approach works for me cause I am a Linear learner. I think that a person has to find their approach and build from there.