Writing E-Books To Advertise

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by j11_cook, Jul 19, 2010.

1. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

I have heard about E-Books and I know what E-Books are, but how does someone go about writing a really good E-Book? I know that you can make a good profit just by selling E-Books, but ........

I want to know if anyone has written E-Books before, and if you have any advice on how to go about writing one that is good for the purpose of advertising your website and blogs.
  2. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

Hi,

Yes i have and also doing 1 now.

First you need to understand what you are going to write. Niche.
    Then research this niche. Look for adwords, look into forums, are they active. How many members. If you see high numbers, it means there is money in this niche. You can make a profit. If numbers are low, no adwords, forums half dead etc. You are not going to make much money there.

With ebook is same. You need to do research, see what your customers want. And based on this research, you write.

If you write only because you think this book will rock, most likely you will fail.

Maybe i got your question wrong, but you really can't create a good ebook, if you want to write about your websites and advertise your blogs. Nobody is going to buy it.

But if you write simple step by step guide, and include your affiliate links, and few "must have" sites, im sure you will make money.

Like writing ebook about website design, and in your book you offer them super awesome Hostgator hosting (with your affiliate link), im sure you will make many sales. But if you just want to write about yourself and what you are doing, just to advertise your sites, im 100% sure, you are not going to make any money.

Give them what they want...and they will give you, what you want [​IMG]
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Find a topic that you are passionate about and then see if there is a market for it.

That is your very first step.

If you want to get into a niche but no one is searching for this kind of info online then you would probably be wasting your time.

So find a topic that you are passionate about and then find out if people are actually reading and searching for this kind of info.

Tal
  4. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

Thanks for the great information. I am basically just looking at all avenues to generate cash, and I have been interested in writing an e-book for quite some time now. I probably didn't word the question exactly right, but I wasn't wanting to write an e-book for the sole purpose of advertising my website and blog. [​IMG]
  5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

An ebook is a great way to create interest in yourself, your website, blog, product, service or other asset. It's a tool that you can use in various ways, depending on the particular objective you have in mind.

Example:

Let's suppose you are an experienced gardener. You've enjoyed growing all kinds of flowers for many years, and now you want to offer your vast knowledge and experience as a flower consultant. Roses are your specialty.

After following some of the research and preparation suggested in the previous posts, you could start by writing a short report (minature ebook) about "How to Grow Beautiful Healthy Roses". It doesn't have to be more that 15-20 pages.

Your report will touch on subjects like rose variety, soil preparation, fertilizers, climate, space, landscaping, pruning and so on. It will simply serve as a teaser to demonstrate that you know your stuff. You will use this report as a free giveaway, in exchange for a name and email address, of course.

This is one way to build a list of interested prospects with whom you'll establish a relationship. Eventually they will come to recognize and respect you as an authority on the subject of roses. That makes it easier for you to interest them later in your comprehensive ebook, home study course, or flower consultancy expertise.

Hermas
  6. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

A8ch
    Wow. This is all such great advice. I can't wait to try this out.