Yahoo Answers?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by swampqueen32, Sep 20, 2013.

1. swampqueen32

swampqueen32 Member

Has anybody had success in getting traffic/inbound links from Yahoo Answers?

I heard that the SE's like this kind of participation, but I'm not sure how it works, yet.

2. KB24

KB24 Active Member

It does work but when you answer a question in your niche provide value don't just paste your link back to your website in every answer. They will notice and they will think its spam.

payment proof likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

4. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I think it's hard to advertise with yahoo answers... They pick up spam pretty effectively...

5. jberri12

jberri12 New Member

Not recommended. As others said if you post any kind of link in your answer it's likely to get flagged as spam and removed, no matter how careful you are. If you continue to try you will eventually get banned from posting anything.

6. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

Hmm, reading this thread a question comes to mind.

There are those who get excellent results from YahooAnswers,
    and others who complain of their links getting them flagged.

Yahoo Answers does state posting related links.....
    are the links being used company pages, masked links, domains...etc?
    That might be the reason these answers are getting flagged.

***don't mind me, just spitballing here***

7. swampqueen32

swampqueen32 Member

Thanks, paulcline7!
    I've been doing just that and have noticed an increase in traffic, which is coming from YA.

It seems to be a viable place to garner traffic as long as you provide help and not spam!:)

8. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Just be carful though even though you provide value in answering questions yahoo will still ban you.

9. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Works great and it will usually get your topic or keywords indexed in organic search engine results, which is the only reason to answer questions in my opinion. Helping others will pay off, but do not put your promotional links in answers or you will get terminated fast. Build up a valued following and get ranked as a contributor of value and it can help you with more traffic to your profile, and this is where it is beneficial.

Good luck to all,

10. michaljose016

michaljose016 New Member

Yes, it is worthy there but provide the link in source. Otherwise the answer would be flagged and you will be banned from answers forum.

11. eina26

eina26 New Member

It works however, you really need to search for questions you need have the right answers for. Your answer should be informative or it could be deleted.

12. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

I know someone who goes to YA, looks at the new answers, finds one she likes, writes up a short article on her blog, then goes and partially answers it and puts "You can learn more here" with the link. She always answers two or three without links, and that keeps her out of trouble. She gets lots of traffic this way, and one day, she found on her analytics that someone else had recommended one of her posts on their answer.

13. eina26

eina26 New Member

Wow, really? This is a good strategy. However, it takes a really great skill of writing to be able to write a good content in a short period of time.

14. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

I asked her about that when I read your reply. She says she only chooses answers that don't require lengthy explanations that she can do off the top of her head, and it takes her about 10-15 minutes to write a short 250 word Tip article.
    She also says it's a great place to get how-to article and blog post ideas, because you know that people are looking for it. I forget the stats, but I read somewhere that for every person you see posting a question somewhere, there are like 100 people a day searching for that same answer. I once wrote a blog post on natural ways to kill ants, and it got over 100,000 hits! I thought it would do nothing, but I write on what I'm doing that day sometimes, and that day, I was killing ants. So now I go to Yahoo Answers and look for people looking for ways to kill ants. It's amazing the things that people are searching for that you thought was a small problem.

robinincarolina and eina26 like this.
  15. eina26

eina26 New Member

It is amazing. :) Thanks for the tip, Kami.