Yahoo Directory submission - is it worth $299?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by HyipData, Feb 21, 2011.

1. HyipData New Member

Hi!

I am doing SEO for my website, and I recently found yahoo directory. It is possible to submit website for free or to order expedited review for $299. So I have some question:

1) How much time will it take to review my website if I select free submission?

2) Will they 100% approve my website in case I order expedited submission or they just guarantee that it will be reviewed, not approved?

3) Will appearing in Yahoo directory give me a good impact in Google and Yahoo?

Thanks in advance!
  2. FreeCashMan Active Member

You can find free ways including going to yahoo site itself to get listed. If you are trying to get a top ranking for certain keywords then that is where you would want to evaluate of the service is worth the price.
  3. I have never paid for Directory Submission.

I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has paid this amount.
  4. BradleyDonovan New Member

HyipData
    HyipData
    Hi HyipData,
    First, I haven't listed with (paid) Yahoo, so my answer is based on others' reports. And without know what kind of site you have, it's a little difficult to offer advice.

1) Sorry, but I don't know the answer to this; should be available in Yahoo Directory FAQ.

2) Guarantee review, not approval (last I checked) -- so be sure your site is solid in terms of traffic (say, 20 - 50 per day). I'd also wait until after being approved to monetize the site; monetization on a young site seems to count against it.

3) I use SBI (Sitesell) and others in those forums claim that their traffic increased by hundreds after they paid Yahoo for the listing (that's seems to be a consistently reported experience).

My advice? Build your traffic, then decide whether you want to wait on Yahoo. What would 200 more visitors per month mean for you? Is it to create leads for high-end real estate? Is it an adsense or affiliate site?

Personally, I'd just submit and pay.

Hope that helps! [IMG]
    Bradley
  5. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Interesting topic. I have never paid for directory submission either but have wondered what others say about it that have used it....
  6. BradleyDonovan New Member

HyipData
    Hi HyipData,
    First, I haven't listed with (paid) Yahoo, so my answer is based on others' reports. And without know what kind of site you have, it's a little difficult to offer advice.

1) Sorry, but I don't know the answer to this; should be available in Yahoo Directory FAQ.

2) Guarantee review, not approval (last I checked) -- so be sure your site is solid in terms of traffic (say, 20 - 50 per day). I'd also wait until after being approved to monetize the site; monetization on a young site seems to count against it.

3) I use SBI (Sitesell) and others in those forums claim that their traffic increased by hundreds after they paid Yahoo for the listing (that's seems to be a consistently reported experience).

My advice? Build your traffic, then decide whether you want to wait on Yahoo. What would 200 more visitors per month mean for you? Is it to create leads for high-end real estate? Is it an adsense or affiliate site?

Personally, I'd just submit and pay.

Hope that helps! : )
    Bradley

[Link removed - Admin]
  7. carrollw New Member

If you have not optimized your website for SEO...then paying for Yahoo listing won't help much.

If you have optimized your title, meta tags,meta description, and H1 tags...then paying for Yahoo listing will definitely help.

I have a website in a highly competitive niche that ranks above a site with DMOZ and another site with a Yahoo lisiting, simply because their sites are not optimized.

Hope this helps.
  8. mbasa Member

Sounds like a tempting proposition. My advice is do not pay if you cannot afford to.
  9. talfighel Silver Member

I did pay for this years ago when I got started online. I am not going to name names but all I can say is that it is not worth it at all. It is actually USELESS and will not bring you FREE traffic.

Tal