You learn something new everyday

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Hemjoe, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

There is one thing i must say about making money online, not only do you make money [​IMG] but you can also learn a lot about other subjects like dieting, dog training, Chocolate [​IMG] that maybe you didn't know a lot about before, and then use this knowledge to make money [​IMG]
  2. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Hemjoe, can you be more specific? What do you mean exactly when you say that you can "then use this knowledge to make money"?

Thanks.
  3. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

dog training for example, i don't know the first thing about dog training but if i discovered it was a profitable niche of which i felt i could exploit i would do some serious research into the subject. Learn all that there is to know about dog training, familiarize myself with key terms, problems people are having, try a little dog training sand so on.

Then once i feel i know enough knowledge, i could set up a site with content based on the knowledge i have gained and experience i have had and finally include a couple monetizing methods.

So not only could you make money but also extend you knowledge on certain areas of life not that dog training is a key area of life but you see what i mean.

hope this is more clear
  4. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Yeah, I guess. Interesting you should pick dog training as your example though. If you go on clickbank, there are TONS of dog training products. It appears to be a popular idea. You could create a whole website just around reviewing dog training products because there are so many of them.
  5. Marktech

Marktech Member

It would be a good idea to pick a niche that was personally interesting.
  6. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Marktech,

yes that would make things a lot easier and writing content much quicker but in some cases niches which you are familiar could be saturated therefore leaving you with an uphill struggle.

I guess in some cases you have to come out of your comfort zone to get that head start on competition.

But if you are interested in something and it seems to be a profitable niche i would definitely start with that. You are therefore more likely to enjoy writing the content and are more likely to provide unique and useful content
  7. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Actually I don't think that a saturated niche is as big of a deal as some people think it is. Take for example - I promote Wealthy Affiliate. Talk about a saturated niche! There's a lot of competition there because so many people are promoting it. But it's no big deal because I personally could never snag all of the web traffic of people searching for info on Wealthy Affiliate. I can, however, get my piece of the pie.

Web traffic is so gargantuan more than we even realize. Truth is, there's enough business for all of us out there. You just have to get to work to start snagging some of that business for yourself!
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Having built sites for both narrow niches and broad niches, I have to say the narrow niche is a lot easier to get traffic for. Sure you can eventually get traffic to a saturated niche, but you have to have a lot more patience and determination to do it.

If it's something you really like or feel is very profitable, go for it, but be prepared for the battle. The best thing to do is really good keyword research to find phrases that are overlooked by the majority of sites and snag traffic from them.
  9. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

I feel if you are going to take on a saturated niche, then you need to be unique offer something others don't this is one way you can really get noticed. Also if you need to be an adventurous person who like a challenge to really exceed in taking on a saturated niche

but valid points from both of you [​IMG]