Young Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by MrDerek, Jul 31, 2007.

1. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Hello.
    I am 15 and have a strong passion for working at home and becoming an entrepreneur.

I want to get a work at home job setup. With a decent pay. Then work on becoming an entrepreneur.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can sell stuff on eBay or start a website
  3. griffiths

griffiths New Member

I commend you on your desire to become an entrepeneur! I am not too much older than you and I have become quite successful at what I do.

You must realize that with any home based business, you will get out it what you put into it! You can't expect huge returns if you are not willing to work at it. Being that said, you still have a few years of schooling left and can only devote a part-time effort to your endevours. You must take that into account when comparing different business opportunities. Some business require a lot more time and long term dedication(typically MLM).

Go ahead and click on my signature line to view my website and what I have to offer. I believe that anyone with a strong enough desire should be given an opportunity for success. You can find my email address and cell number on my website, if you have any questions for me. Fair enough? Good luck!

Brandon
  4. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Thanks for the responses.
    This sort of is part of my schooling.
    I am home schooled, and made this a project.

I have a strong desire. I just need a boost and some 1 on 1 help.

Thanks.
  5. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Give me a call, I would love to chat with you.

Brandon
  6. moneymakerblogs

moneymakerblogs New Member

Since you are still young and have the drive, there is much you can do now to start yoursel f on the path to working at home successfully. I would recommend that you think about what you enjoy doing and find a way to make money from it.

One thing I advice anyone who wants to work from home is to make a website. It's easy to learn how to do it yourself and there are a lot of ways to make money just from having a website, but beyond that, you can use a website to promote your business in a very powerful way. Whenever people are looking for anything nowadays, usually the first thing they do is go on Google to find it, so if you can learn to create a website and market yourself, you'll have made a good start!
  7. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Brandon, I'll give you a call in a few weeks. Its just I've been busy with other stuff.

I might call you via VoIP. I've been waiting for an opportunity to do it.

Thanks.
  8. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Quoting: moneymakerblogsI would recommend that you think about what you enjoy doing and find a way to make money from it.

Great advice! People who get to do what they love AND make a living doing it are the happiest people on earth!
  9. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

I just don't truly understand how all this works.
    I guess my biggest concern is, I want a job that doesn't have to depend on people for money.
    Like steady income from a company that distributes salaries to work at home type people.

I just need to narrow all this down. If you don't mind Brandon, when we talk, could we kind of narrow this down?

Thanks.
  10. griffiths

griffiths New Member

give me a call and I can help get you all straightned out [​IMG] call my cell or you can reach me on skype at "your-dream-vacation"
  11. twnuck

twnuck New Member

The most important thing is for you to find a mentor and follow their lead. Learn everything you can(and there's lots of good free advice available) because there ARE basic business steps that work if you give it enough time.

Good luck!

Todd
  12. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Quoting: twnuckThe most important thing is for you to find a mentor and follow their lead... exactly!!

In order to succeed in the HBB (home based business) industry, you must find someone who is willing to work with you and help you every step of the way. In all businesses and jobs you will have a learning curve, and finding someone who is willing to help you reduce your curve so you become successful more quickly will be a very important asset of your business.

Brandon
  13. hotboy18

hotboy18 New Member

I agree. You can't go into a home based business alone. You will only get lost and then maybe give up since you don't understand. When someone is there to help you all the way you are more confident and have a better chance to succeed. So help is always good.
  14. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Is it possible to get a job going and get a steady salary? Like to support a family or something.

Steady meaning, doesn't have to rely on other people to purchase stuff and stuff like that.

Thanks.

Brandon, I'll call you soon. Like the next coming week.
  15. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Business is an exchange of money, services or goods, from one person to another. All businesses rely on customers for survival. Even if you are sitting at a desk typing on a computer, the company you work for still requires income from customers to pay the bills and your salary. So please explain how you would like a steady income and not rely on other people (customers) to buy your services or products.

Brandon
  16. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Hey.
    I didn't know it had to rely on customers for an income.
    Isn't there a site that pays you directly, for a work at home job?

I just need some advice, and a boost to start up, and Ill be fine.

Thanks.
  17. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Quoting: MrDerekI didn't know it had to rely on customers for an income.

Where does the money come from if not from the customer?

Whether directly or indirectly, your income is based upon those who pay for whatever your company sells/does.

Lets say you get a job with data entry. You can recieve emails or lists of information and it is your job to enter them into a computer or a specific program. The company pays you either by the hour or by the job. Even though you personally never interacted with a "customer" another part or branch of your business did. Take for example Walmart. you have literally thousands of different jobs at walmart. from the janitor to the sales associate to the accountants to the ceo. Not very many actually interact with the client but everyones paycheck depends on them. If their were no customers, there would be no business and therefore no jobs.

If you are looking for a job where you dont have to interact with the customer, yeah there are lots of options available. But to find a job that "doesnt have to rely on customers for income"...Good luck finding it! I know not of such company!
  18. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Is it possible to get hired for a work at home job, at the wanted salary?

And thank you all.

Derek.
  19. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

I'd still like to sort some stuff out.
    Brandon, this coming week, whens a good time to talk?
    I am fine with an instant messaging route, or on the phone.
  20. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late update, but I ended up establishing my own business, I even got a business license. I run a LAN Gaming/PC Repair business, it generates some nice income.

And I'm 16 now.

Thanks.